Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What we saw from the men’s basketball program the last few days...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 974

What we saw from the men’s basketball program the last few days...

Mar 7, 2020, 5:45 AM

Was that “Clemson Grit” that we witnessed?

I’m really just asking, because I haven’t exactly figured out what that is yet...other than a slogan to put on a t-shirt.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What we saw from the men’s basketball program the last few days...

Mar 7, 2020, 8:01 AM

We saw Clemson Grit for the first 12 minutes of the game, and the first 15 minutes of the second half. But we closed out both halves extremely bad, particularly offensively.

During those 2 periods, we beat Tech 47-30. That's us running our primary game plan. Those combined 13 minutes at the end of both halves? Tech outscored us 35-15. That's a failure to adjust to Tech's adjustments.

Clemson Grit is what forced 35 Turnovers in the last two losses. But it also shot roughly 30% from the field.

What worries me is that this team is starting to behave like last year's team, but without the same talent. This team's salvation has been their willingness to come together and bounce back. Now it seems as though they are looking for Mack to get hot. 6-18 shooting from the floor is not the sign of a savior, but it's better than the other starters' 8-28.

Newman and Scott are the only players impervious to the "let Mack rescue us" syndrome, because they constantly look for opportunities to drive. Scott had a great night, but Newman was stopped by Banks' shotblocking.

If GT had outplayed us from the get-go, I'd be happier than I am right now. That game was there to be had. I worry about how this young team is going to respond next week.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 974
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic