Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What Dabo didn't say:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

What Dabo didn't say:

Nov 20, 2014, 10:40 AM

Dabo said he loves Clemson and loves his job. His focus is on this season.

What he didn't say: that he's simply not interested in the Florida job. Thought that was interesting.

Maybe there are other quotes where he said that?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What Dabo didn't say:

Nov 20, 2014, 10:42 AM

No use reading into something that isn't there

makes you think

Nov 20, 2014, 10:42 AM

What kind of cat and mouse game is Dabo playing?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't you think he's a little old for Saturday morning c

Nov 20, 2014, 11:54 AM

artoons?

Of course he wouldn't say that.

Nov 20, 2014, 10:46 AM

Those maroon on TCI have not the first clue how this process works. They think he should have said 'I have no interest in the Florida job.'

That would have been an insult to The University of Florida. Dabo would never insult UF in private much less in public.

The interwebs get stupider and stupider every day!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Of course he wouldn't say that.

Nov 20, 2014, 10:50 AM

If you're not interested in leaving Clemson at this time you say it. You don't have to insult Florida in doing so.

By not saying he's not interested he's allowing himself to be open to the job without coming out and saying it. I don't see it happening but if he did end up taking the Florida job he could come back and say he never said he wasn't leaving and it's too good if an opportunity to pass up.

Him avoiding the statement that he's not leaving Clemson is a statement in itself and if you think it's not intentional you're crazy.

Dabo likely knew these questions would arise and had a well thought out response planned. Guarantee he sat down and had what his response would be ahead of time.

Yeah, I read TCI's response just as did you.

Nov 20, 2014, 10:55 AM

I understand the logic. It's flawed. You go on and believe what you want to believe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah, I read TCI's response just as did you.

Nov 20, 2014, 4:44 PM

I did not read TCIs report and still haven't at this time.

All in all dabo said nothing in relation to Florida. He may as well said 'no comment'. We learned absolutely nothing new with his response.

This isn't a knock on Dabo, I'm just pointing out the obvious.

Re: Of course he wouldn't say that.

Nov 20, 2014, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Of course he wouldn't say that. ]

dabo and well thought out and planned are not words that should ever be used together. long winded, non logical, and open ended on the other hand are good ones I could buy.

I always look forward to your posts.

Nov 20, 2014, 11:20 AM

Even though I am new, it is so much fun to thumbs down you.

I can smell your coop from here...clean it once in a while.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIGER BALLS.

Just a heads up.....

Nov 20, 2014, 11:22 AM

Non-Donor TDs don't count.

HTH that helps

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: Just a heads up.....

Nov 20, 2014, 11:53 AM

TIME TO BECOME A DONOR THEN.

I am loving this place.

TIGER BALLS.

Amidoinitrite?

Nov 20, 2014, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Just a heads up..... ]

I still can't edit my dang posts...

Is there a waiting period?

TIGER BALLS.

Re: Amidoinitrite?

Nov 20, 2014, 12:18 PM

so I guess you are not doing it right huh.

Re: What Dabo didn't say:

Nov 20, 2014, 10:47 AM

It doesn't matter Florida would not hire Dabo .

IYO***

Nov 20, 2014, 10:49 AM

He also didn't say

Nov 20, 2014, 10:47 AM

that he never helped fake the moon landing. Where exactly was he leading up to the greatest cover up in our nations history? WE WANT ANSWERS!

A Clemson website reported what Dabo didn't say.

Nov 20, 2014, 10:51 AM

WTPH

Re: He also didn't say

Nov 20, 2014, 10:52 AM [ in reply to He also didn't say ]

if he was the second gunman in Dealey Plaza....

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Maybe he's trying to get a raise.***

Nov 20, 2014, 10:52 AM

He's trying to coach the team up for the next game.

Nov 20, 2014, 10:57 AM

That's what he said and if he's ever lied he no one has proven it yet.

Re: He's trying to coach the team up for the next game.

Nov 20, 2014, 11:00 AM

what about at the beginning of the year(before DW injury) when he continually said CS gives us the best chance to win?

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

Re: He's trying to coach the team up for the next game.

Nov 20, 2014, 11:08 AM [ in reply to He's trying to coach the team up for the next game. ]

really?

if Florida comes and drops 10 Million a dollar

Nov 20, 2014, 10:53 AM

a year on Dabo for 10 years guaranteed, should he take the job?

So for Dabo to shut down any offer at any value (given other things are equal as far as the quality of the job), he will not be a good business man.

Having said this though that and having Dabo cut his own salary to give to his coaches in order to keep them tells me that Dabo is NOT chasing money type of guy. He is committed beyond money to Clemson. He and his family love clemson and loved by the community and they are happy so he is not going anywhere. That is the way I am reading him.

I hope he stays here until retirement and along the way leave a good legacy at Clemson because I love Dabo and we are thrilled to have him.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

That's your best post.***

Nov 20, 2014, 10:58 AM

I can think of few posts where I got some

Nov 20, 2014, 11:27 AM

love for.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

I would imagine he's keeping his options open in case he

Nov 20, 2014, 10:56 AM

loses to usuc again this year.

If he loses #6 to SCAR his comments on the FL job might be

Nov 20, 2014, 10:59 AM

a little different.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: If he loses #6 to SCAR his comments on the FL job might be

Nov 20, 2014, 11:04 AM

I see your point, as far as the heat he'd feel from the fanbase... But I seriously doubt Clemson fires him for that, so I guess you're maybe saying he'd quit and take the UF job if that were to happen? That's not a bright move either - then he's in the same division as them and has to play them yearly in a game that actually matters (conference-wise). Plus, he's employed by a fan base even more rabid than ours. All around, I don't see any positives, looking at it through Dabo's eyes - unless it's solely to jump on the SEC!!! bandwagon. Let's be honest - that's the ONLY selling point for that job. And we're talking about the SEC East, so even that's not really anything to brag about.

Re: If he loses #6 to SCAR his comments on the FL job might be

Nov 20, 2014, 11:08 AM

There will be serious heat from some of the more powerful boosters. Losing 6 straight (especially this year at home to a crap SCAR team) is unacceptable by any measure.

Also (surprisingly) I hear through my FL connections this morning that yes, there is interest on their side.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

He didn't say he wasn't on the grassy knoll. Hmmm....***

Nov 20, 2014, 11:44 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic