Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Went to the SC HSSR Football Awards Banquet yesterday.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 2,400

Went to the SC HSSR Football Awards Banquet yesterday.

Feb 11, 2019, 11:02 AM

Not really a Billy Baker fan, but my son got one of the Defensive Player of the Year awards, so I felt I had to go for him.

As always, it was held at Seawells in Columbia. They served a decent buffet with Ham, Fried Chicken breast, vegies, tea and desert.

After listening to Baker tell everyone how great he is for about a half an hour, the Keynote Speaker, Shap Boyd Head Coach at Erskine, was introduced. Coach Boyd is resurrecting a long dormant football program at Erskine. Their plan is to sign 68 players this year, red shirt them and play their first game in 2020 against Catawba. Sounds like a daunting task.

Of the three players that I really wanted to see there, only one attended. Pickens was not there, and I missed the reason why. Dukes wasn't able to make it due to the stomach flu according to his coach. I've known his coach for a while and he confidently told me that we would love Dukes when he gets up to Clemson. I can't wait to see him in orange.

2020 DT commit Demonte Capehart was however there. I was intruduced to him and we were able to speak for a few moments. Capehart is exactly what I was hoping to see. He absolutely looks the part and seems like a great kid. Just the type that the Clemson staff is looking for. Its my understanding that he has been working hard recruiting others for the 2020 class.

Given the amount of awards and accolades that were handed out, I thought the event was well run. I would recommend to anyone with an interest in high school football and nothing to do on the Sunday that it is scheduled to attend.

Go Tigers!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 2,400
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic