Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Was starting to feel, better, so I watched the replay.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Was starting to feel, better, so I watched the replay.

Oct 21, 2013, 12:43 PM

Glaring:

1) Cornerbacks and safeties out of position and just out hustled. A big need for us.
2) We abandoned the running game way too early.
3) Adam Humphries wide open over 10 times, and by wide open I mean NO ONE WAS COVERING HIM.
4) Boyd's facial expressions varied from disinterested to totally lost.
5) Sammy played his butt off.
6) OL held their own overall.
7) Peake is missed.
8) Bad sign when DC thinks D Linemen are better in coverage than our safeties/CB.

Plenty more, but I'll leave it at that. I know there's been a million of these posts, but thought I'd join the group therapy. Looking forward to getting back on track this week.

GO TIGERS!

Message was edited by: cutigersJD®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Was starting to feel, better, so I watched the replay.

Oct 21, 2013, 12:46 PM

Humphries being wide open stood out to me most of the game. Dude could of had a couple of touchdowns.

#8 had to be dumb move of the night...

Oct 21, 2013, 12:51 PM

although with so many, hard to argue

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you are more courageous than I am

Oct 21, 2013, 12:52 PM

I turned off the TV and Phone when it hit 28-7 and I have opened anything relating to college football since.. You are a bigger man than I am for you to be able to sit and watch the massacre again.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Oct 21, 2013, 12:52 PM

I knew it was going to be a long night when I saw our best pass rusher dropping into coverage. And when were getting 6YPC and still refusing to run.

Morris gets myopic in a hurry. That's one of his weaknesses

Oct 21, 2013, 12:57 PM

Just my opinion of course, but he gets too worried about tempo and rhythm and stops taking what the defense is giving. They were dropping 6-7 into coverage all night, and we never adjusted. Boyd's mechanics and throwing motion were terrible. Looked like he was trying to skip stones on a pond. Not sure what was going on, but the demeanor on the sideline was crap from the opening kick...

Yep.***

Oct 21, 2013, 1:01 PM

Oct 21, 2013, 1:03 PM

There is no ? that Adam H. was running wide open multiple times and Tahj never looked his way. Must be a feud between TG and AH or something major.
I thought they should have gotten Stout in the game in 3 rd Qtr. to let TB watch a series [or drive] and get settled down.
Dabo got real bad press box advice to trhrow the challenge on FSU's 1st TD. Benjamin's foot clearly down in the endzone. Very sad to get pounded like that by them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2013, 1:06 PM

I seems like when we look for Humphries things happen, when he is left out, we struggle offensively.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good analysis

Oct 21, 2013, 1:07 PM

I haven't been able to go back and look at it yet, but from just watching the game, I'd say you are spot on.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

This is spot on. Why do you think we were dropping DL into

Oct 21, 2013, 1:10 PM

coverage?

I just don't get it. Freshman QB in hostile environment. I'd think we'd want to ring his bell a few times even at the chance of a good completion.

Yeah, everyone knew that was the key to beating FSU, except

Oct 21, 2013, 1:16 PM

well, except for the coaches I guess.

????

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Cory Crawford got a pick doing this vs UGA.

Oct 21, 2013, 1:20 PM [ in reply to This is spot on. Why do you think we were dropping DL into ]

If you look at the play, Grady was pretty close to the throw, just a great throw and a better route for the WR to see the passing lane. IMO, not the worst call... just trying to show something different.

Along the same lines- Anus Jameious was unreal with taking what we gave him. Didnt force anything all night and consistently found the soft spot in the D.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It worked against UGA because it was a surprise. When you

Oct 21, 2013, 1:31 PM

rush 3 every play it's not a surprise anymore.

It obviously wasn't working - so we kept doing it.

Re: Cory Crawford got a pick doing this vs UGA.

Oct 21, 2013, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Cory Crawford got a pick doing this vs UGA. ]

Being taller helps. Also, looking over the field and finding our open guy and not the one in d/t/q coverage helps.

4) Boyd's facial expressions varied from disinterested...

Oct 21, 2013, 1:52 PM

4) Boyd's facial expressions varied from disinterested to totally lost.

What was up with this? My wife commented that he looked lost and confused, or like Led Zeppelin would say, dazed & confused.

He just didn't look like himself...was he sick? Did he get his bell rung too hard? Off field distractions? Something wasn't right with him.

Re: 4) Boyd's facial expressions varied from disinterested...

Oct 22, 2013, 8:00 AM

I agree. From my seat he looked totally out of it...expressionless, no talking to anyone, just listening

I noticed it too! Especially after he fumbled the ball and

Oct 22, 2013, 8:11 AM

went and sat on the bench. Dabo came over and counseled him. Then he went and stood with the players. He looked completely distraught. Not like he had bad things happened before and could handle it. I was thinking he wouldn't be able to play well from then on

Oct 22, 2013, 8:14 AM

Boyd looked like a deer in the headlights.

Regarding #1 and #3...

Oct 22, 2013, 9:00 AM

How were you able to see the secondary and AH from the ESPN tape? I want to see the coaches tape for this reason. Its so hard to see the secondary and receivers from that angle the TV broadcast shows. It seems like the receivers were covered all night the way Tajh was forcing balls. I mean, I knew they had a decent defense and a component secondary, but to shut us down the way they did? Never saw that coming...

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic