Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UPDATE -- USMC 2nd Lt John Reynolds GREAT NEWS!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

UPDATE -- USMC 2nd Lt John Reynolds GREAT NEWS!

May 31, 2012, 11:04 AM

I wanted to pass along this is from his parents who live in Greenville. Thanks to everyone for your prayers.

Subject: John update Thursday morning 5/31/12

We are sending out this update to a few people so that they may then forward it on to others……

Much has happened in the last 24 hours and some of the details from Afghanistan, such as what happened during the firefight, are fuzzy so we will leave those details alone until we know more.

The more important thing is obviously John’s status. He called us this morning at about 6:30 am to report that his surgery went well. They went in, cleaned up the damage and did whatever they do. All went well. The surgeon told him that he is very lucky because the area where the bullet entered his skull should have had a sinus cavity. Remarkably, he did not have one in the area which allowed the skull to deflect the bullet enough from penetrating the brain. After the bullet grazed the skull, it hit his helmet, and broke off some of the Kevlar. It actually caused a washer to become lodged in his skull, but the bullet itself went out of his helmet. They removed the washer sometime last night and then did the patching / cleaning in surgery early this morning.

He is awaiting a flight that will take him to Bhagram Air Field then to Germany. In Germany, it will be determined if he needs to stay there for more “work” or whether he leaves immediately for the States. Either way, he will be coming back to San Diego. He will call from Germany to give us an update once he knows what is going on. We will plan to go out to San Diego once plans are firm.

We are all humbled and amazed at the tremendous outpouring we have received during this trying time. We appreciate very much your prayers, concern and love and ask you to keep praying. This is nothing short of a miracle and we thank God for his great Mercy in this hour of need.

Please pass this email to whomever you can so that everyone can know what is happening. We will continue to send out updates as we find out more. Thanks again for everything. We are most grateful to everyone………

Sincerely, Lex & Lib

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

praise the lord***

May 31, 2012, 11:06 AM

Re: praise the lord***

May 31, 2012, 11:17 AM

ABSOLUTELY!!! his wonders never stop!! thank you God!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: praise the lord***

May 31, 2012, 11:34 AM

I can only add AMEN.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UPDATE -- USMC 2nd Lt John Reynolds GREAT NEWS!

May 31, 2012, 11:06 AM

great report. thanks. sounds about as good as it could considering being shot in the head. prayers still sent

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I received a couple of texts from the Reynolds family....

May 31, 2012, 11:08 AM

yesterday. Sounds like this horrific incident is turning out about as good as it possibly could.

Continued prayers for this family.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

May 31, 2012, 11:08 AM

Great

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 31, 2012, 11:20 AM

As some one who knows John this is great news.

Glad to see the big guy safe and hopefully heading back home.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

GREAT NEWS for a J.L. Mann grad

May 31, 2012, 11:21 AM

I too, am a J.L. Mann grad, although I finished in 1976, so this struck close to home. As a father myself, I can understand the grief felt during these times.

Awesome News! God bless our heroes!

May 31, 2012, 11:23 AM

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

GOD is good!! Thank you Father for the answered prayer!!***

May 31, 2012, 11:25 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 31, 2012, 11:30 AM

Good News right there!

USMC 2nd Lt John Reynolds GREAT NEWS!

May 31, 2012, 12:17 PM

Semper fi from a former Marine!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 31, 2012, 12:29 PM

My prayers are with the LT. We can all say a few prayers of thanks for the best battlefield medical support in the world.

May 31, 2012, 12:34 PM

Thanks for the update and Thank you and him for his service! GOD bless you all!!

Great news! Thoughts and prayers.***

May 31, 2012, 1:10 PM

May 31, 2012, 1:39 PM

That is outstanding news. I had a friend who got shot a couple of inches below the eye, the bullet exited behind his ear, and there is just a small scar on his face now and he is doing fine, still serving in the military. I hope and pray that John Reynolds has the same outcome.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic