Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mangey: Heard a good analysis on ESPN radio dis mawn.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 342

Mangey: Heard a good analysis on ESPN radio dis mawn.

Nov 26, 2018, 12:52 PM

Explained how the coots did what they did to us (nothing we didn't already know) but also put my mind at ease about the secondary (chalked it up to more us gambling to get to Bentley and the coots strategizing to get it to Deebo, rather than us not being good). But the best was an analysis of how to beat Bama. Said pressure Tua and be willing to gamble in case he hits the big one, and go for it on offense. Basically, make it a shoot out. And Clemson is one team that could do that. Guy did not think OSU or Oklahoma could beat Bama.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mangey: Heard a good analysis on ESPN radio dis mawn.

Nov 26, 2018, 12:56 PM

I would rather our Tigers face Ohio State than OU. That OU offense is scary good and I think we would blast OSU's offensive line into outer space.

Regardless if everything holds up and no upsets this weekend, Clemson will crush ND. Bama will crush Ohio State.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ohio State ain't getting in unless they blast Northwestern

Nov 26, 2018, 2:39 PM

like they did to Wisconsin in 2014.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ohio State ain't getting in unless they blast Northwestern

Nov 26, 2018, 2:43 PM

They should if they win. UGA shouldnt get in if they do not win their conference and we know that Notre Dame isnt going anywhere. So that is the scenario. They do not need to blast anyone, they just need to win the BIG. You cannot keep an OSU BIG Champion, one loss team out. This isnt the same as PSU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UGA has to beat Bama to get in.

Nov 26, 2018, 3:27 PM

A 2 loss team isn't going to the playoff. Bama doesn't necessarily have to win Saturday to get in. I'm not saying they'll definitely get in if they lose, but they'd still be a 1 loss team and it would be hard to argue they aren't one of the 4 best from a playoff committee mindset.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought a lot of it was looking to the sidelines

Nov 26, 2018, 3:57 PM

to get the calls. Teams can exploit that by getting us out of position or not being ready. If we want to beat Tua and Bama our defense is going to have to make those reads instead of looking to the sideline. It's also got to be our defense confusing the offensive reads and not vice versa. And we may need to concede that we may not be able to pressure Tua and play coverage. We can shut down Alabama's run game, but Tua and their receivers will eat us alive. We've got to outscore them, which could happen as they've got weaknesses on defense. They've not played a balanced offense all season, of course I'm not sure that we have either.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 342
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic