Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Yeah, we should have followed Europe's model
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 294

Yeah, we should have followed Europe's model

Sep 17, 2020, 2:27 PM

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/09/17/coronavirus-latest-europe-jittery-as-cases-rise-and-lockdowns-return.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what was Europe's model again?***

Sep 17, 2020, 2:36 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It doesn’t matter

Sep 17, 2020, 2:37 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They had people locked on their balconies

Sep 17, 2020, 2:46 PM [ in reply to what was Europe's model again?*** ]

Singing to each other

I thought I had a bad memory

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have done it correctly, although not the best

Sep 17, 2020, 3:02 PM

because we have no leadership. Honestly, just wear masks inside public places. Wash your hands. And no large gatherings, ESPECIALLY indoors.

Kids under 10yo are fine for full school, WITH MASKS K-5. Kids 10 and up, not good for full time in person school.

Just those simple things, and we can ride this out fine.

The cases and deaths are there. Just like the wildfires in California. They're going to happen. Best to have controlled fires constantly and regularly over time, to avoid massive uncontrollable wildfires. Same with covid. We've burned perhaps 25% of covid's fuel in the US, in places. In Europe they've burned perhaps 5-10% of it. The WHO knows this. And Europe knows this too. France and Spain have made a decision to let it burn more, and the Netherlands too. The economic devastation buying time for a yet-to-exist vaccine, is not going to work longterm. If there is even a vaccine made, it would likely have a limited impact. 50-70% effective would be overachieving if I had to guess. ALSO, this is nature we're dealing with. IF we do not make a "silver bullet" vaccine, and come up with one that's maybe 60% effective, the virus will encounter it and the odds of a mutation to counter the vaccine will be huge as widespread as covid is. And that's not necessarily a bad thing as mutations tend to favor spreading easier over being more lethal. No benefit in the latter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trump prefers the Eastern European models.

Sep 17, 2020, 4:03 PM

When they're not pregnant at least.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 294
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic