Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trump
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Trump

Aug 26, 2020, 3:00 PM

I like him. I don't like his Twitter cause it just gives fuel to basically any fire. But I do like him. I like his policies and I think him being a loose cannon isn't all that bad at times. I may be a rube or carrying his water, but I think we need another 4 years. I think we are respected, I think that people know we will take action and there are no red lines not to cross, you just dont cross a line. I really like how he isnt a war hawk and how he wants to get the troops home and have UN and NATO do their share for once.

I would like to see him do two things:

1. Put together a panel of top experts in the medical field. Gather them up, get some consensus around the response to COVID in the coming months. Have them report this out, with clear and concise direction. The states can then adopt or not, but at least he is giving some kind of direction out of the White House. This would then happen every quarter until this is kicked in the butt.

2. Put down Twitter and focus.

I am not going to argue with you, so be cordial.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

3.***

Aug 26, 2020, 3:03 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This may be an unpopular opinion, I don't know,

Aug 26, 2020, 3:04 PM

but i'm going to say 1,2,3.

or 1,3,4. Depends on who's being counted...

Message was edited by: tkd2000®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you're probably the only one saying 2 this side of xtiger***

Aug 26, 2020, 3:06 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If i'm being honest

Aug 26, 2020, 3:07 PM

I'd say 1, 1, 1...don't know what it is about the other two but, meh.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Respect is not something Trump inspires. World leaders

Aug 26, 2020, 3:10 PM

responses are everything from outright laughing at us to allies expressing genuine concern for our well being.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they hate him...

Aug 26, 2020, 3:23 PM

because he isn't a globalist. And they may mock him and laugh at him just like our media does. I guarantee they don't want him around.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hate is not something that really plays on a

Aug 26, 2020, 3:44 PM

foreign policy stage, he's seen more as incompetent than anything else. We provided the foundation for the success of Western democracies, post WW2, and he came in and alienated nearly every ally we had in less than 24 months. That's not America first, as he likes to say, that's stupidity; and the world recognizes it.

His fealty to Erdogan and Putin is viewed as nothing but scared and weak and only lessens our global influence. All the while he's waging a tariff war with China that you and I are paying for. All that is back burner now to Covid, but he's ham-fistedly bungled everything he's touched with China and will do so again post-pandemic. Xi doesn't face elections so he'll outlast Trump, take advantage when Trump gives him the opportunity, and face no repercussions as long this administration exists.

Our opponents are exceedingly happier with Trump than our allies. That's bad foreign policy.

If Trump is a bungling idiot...

Aug 26, 2020, 3:49 PM

why does Xi have to outlast him and what is going to happen when Trump leaves office?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Trump is a bungling idiot...

Aug 26, 2020, 4:11 PM

I actually thought about this.

Initially I thought whoever came along post-Trump would as a first order of business cut some sort of deal with the Chinese...I don't know if that happens anymore. There's been a ramping up of Cold War-type rhetoric and behaviors...not just from our side but from theirs, and their galling suppression of Hong Kong's freedoms along with their military expansion in the South China Sea, along with their suppression and mass "re-education" of Muslim minorities, along with their continued mass theft of intellectual property and Western research (which they then turn around and dump back on the world market like people openly hocking their stolen merchandise at flea markets)...

...I dunno. I'm not sure there's any incentive anymore for the West to move towards detente with China; their behavior is bad and has gotten worse...and that's even before they dumped COVID-19 on us.

Is it really in our best interest to try to get along with these guys and go back to "business as usual"? Business as was once usual is increasingly unacceptable to American interests when it comes to China, and it very much looks like we're headed for a Cold War with the Chinese for the foreseeable future, regardless of what president's in charge.

I think Biden's initially less publicly confrontational...but my suspicion is Biden stiff-arms them when it comes to signing some sort of revised trade deal. If he's foolish enough to fold and cut a bad deal he'd lose significant support overnight. Silicon Valley is tired of China. Wall Street is tired of China. Big Pharma is tired of China. Europe, increasingly, is tired of China...it goes on and on.

^^^this^^^

Aug 26, 2020, 4:26 PM

Post pandemic there's no reason to seek a favorable trade deal with China. They're hunkering down as if the world is coming after them and they might be right. It would be in our best interest to strengthen alliances with our western allies and ultimately choose who all of us would like to do business with. We don't have to antagonize China, but we can leave them flappin' in the wind if we are unified with our traditional allies.

I wouldn't trust Trump to be the dog catcher, much less the architect of a relationship building strategy involving other world leaders.

I agree with you...

Aug 26, 2020, 3:21 PM

the "respect" is not a "hey, we like you and think you're great"

the "respect" is, "I fear you will do what you said you're going to do."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like making Mexico pay for the wall?***

Aug 26, 2020, 3:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

I don't think other countries care about that***

Aug 26, 2020, 4:02 PM

Re: I agree with you...

Aug 26, 2020, 3:57 PM [ in reply to I agree with you... ]

Nobody thinks that about him because his word is worthless.

Foreign governments build psychological profiles on foreign leaders. It's an open secret in the psychological community that Trump is a malignant narcissist (a psychological condition that combines extreme narcissism, paranoia, and sociopathy) and they know no deal with him will survive contact with expediency - if the wind shifts, so will he. They also know he's personally corrupt and so a vast amount of foreign governments are pouring money into his personal businesses because they know scratching his back is how you reach him, and they also know he can be manipulated with flattery and proclamations of devotion and he's not remotely sophisticated enough to see through it. (They also know he's more than a bit of a coward who is far more bluster than substance, and like all bullies won't tangle with someone who is actually likely to put some hurt on him.)

He gets along, not surprisingly, with other guys who share those characteristics - those being the bad guys. Putin. Erdogan. Bolsonaro. Kim Jong-Un. Bin Salman. Netenyahu.

You can tell a lot about a man by the company he keeps...and the company he keeps are awful human beings. The world will not be a better place after these guys get done tromping on it with their hob-nailed boots but Trump gets along with them just swimmingly.

We aren't on the right side right now, franc, and the world is swaying unsteadily more than a bit because of it.

you may be right...

Aug 26, 2020, 4:11 PM

the world sure feels more steady than in times past

I've never felt more secure.***

Aug 26, 2020, 4:42 PM

The stupid stuff he sez is not limited to twitter.***

Aug 26, 2020, 3:26 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Neither is mine.***

Aug 26, 2020, 3:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His assembly of top doctors would instantly become hacks.

Aug 26, 2020, 4:01 PM

If Jesus reached down from Heaven and handed Trump a vaccine, He'd be a MAGA hack within 45 minutes on social media. I haven't particularly liked Trump since he messed up the USFL, but he's been vilified to anti-Christ-like proportions. That's why he says what he wants, it really doesn't matter. He could say good morning at 11:45Am, someone would say there's nothing good about it, and it's technically noon.

After all this drama and tragedy being hung around his neck, some warranted and some not, how do the accusers/critics/Antifa think he is going to respond to all this if he wins the election? What will the next four years of their lives look like?

Re: Trump

Aug 26, 2020, 4:01 PM

You like that personality and him as an individual? That would be pathetic if so. Hopefully it's just his policies and results.

I said be cordial

Aug 26, 2020, 4:30 PM

you ####.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

4,3,1,2 and also this post is rassist. ******

Aug 26, 2020, 4:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lemme help you A ..............

Aug 26, 2020, 4:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lemme help you A ..............

Aug 26, 2020, 4:36 PM

the one on the left seems to have some Indian (dot) in her, which is super hot in my opinion.

See equal opportunity here. ******

Aug 26, 2020, 4:39 PM

Imma go on a limb here and say the only 1 worth hitting is

Aug 26, 2020, 4:38 PM

the chick on the left that is only showing her right hand.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: Trump

Aug 26, 2020, 4:38 PM

Oh and 1 (cause thikk) no go on Trump, then 3 and 2

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic