Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tonight was a coaching exercise & Saban took Dabo to school
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,454

Tonight was a coaching exercise & Saban took Dabo to school

Jan 2, 2018, 12:33 AM

The player skill sets with Clemson & Bama were pretty even. The pregame play calls by Clemson coaches were really predictable, and Bama's physicality was evident from opening kickoff when they smashed ETN.

It was real clear Bama coaches had ZERO respect for Clemson QB competence. They went after KB, and Clemson coaches knew it was coming and had no answer. What Dabo and O coaches did over the past 5 weeks is a lesson in what not to do again. Credit to Bama. They earned it. And tonight DW was not on the field to lead our coaches and players to victory. Go Tigers 2018!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tonight was a coaching exercise & Saban took Dabo to school

Jan 2, 2018, 12:41 AM

Nailed it

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Therefore the reason Bama was favored the whole time

Jan 2, 2018, 12:44 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was pretty obvious they knew our play calls

Jan 2, 2018, 12:46 AM

Offense never had a chance and the staff didn't adapt quick enough. We've won plenty of games doing that too. That's life.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah - think about that . . .

Jan 2, 2018, 12:56 AM

You said we've won plenty of games doing that . .. and we have, but we've won them often in spite of that. It's one thing to win doing that, it's another to LOSE doing that, or - more specifically, to CONTINUE to do it while losing. Spitting in the wind. It's terrible. I think the #1 reason we didn't compete in this game (that is, from our side - GIVEN how Bama played), is that we dialed up our playcalls and just continued to spit in the wind.

Knowing Dabo,like we do,He'll learn from it.

Jan 2, 2018, 12:46 AM

At this stage that's all you can ask for.

The offense has been bland all year long

Jan 2, 2018, 12:48 AM

I’m hoping Scott and Elliott realize the shortcomings and draw up some fresh plays. Running the same plays over and over again without much success is frustrating. The stupid tunnel screens when the OL just flops down needs to find its way out of the playbook QUICKLY.

Re: The offense has been bland all year long

Jan 2, 2018, 12:57 AM

Dabo needs to make hard decisions after this game, but will he? Caldwell has done a good job, but recruiting suffered on OL against UGa. and I wonder if it is time for a change. Next year the OL will not be as strong and thus our offense must be reviewed accordingly. The lack of a quality TE also was evident.

Just random thoughts, but clear concerns.

Go Tigers!

True. Horrible job by Elliot and Scott . . .

Jan 2, 2018, 12:54 AM

I know folks are gonna hate me for that, but I've often (not *always*, but plenty often) thought their playcalling was hideously predictable - and it was pretty bad tonight too. Now, that wasn't by any means the only thing contributing tonight. Bama played better in many respects, not the least of which was just the basic attitude and physicality they brought. However, I think you ought to do what you can to give yourself the best chance - and if you lose anyway, then so be it. But our offensive playcalling looked like it was stuck in a loop. Given the penetration Bama was getting, and given KB's general ineffectiveness (and much of that was not his fault as he was on the run all night), how could you expect to keep calling plain jane drop backs and expect KB to get out of it?

What's crazy is that I knew that would happen before...

Jan 2, 2018, 1:03 AM

the game if we went with that game plan. What I don't know is whether we had to go with that game plan? Maybe Dabo thinks/knows that's all that we had? I knew we had to pass the ball and spread it around to open it up to have any chance.

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,454
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic