Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tired of Ohio State (RANT)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,520

Tired of Ohio State (RANT)

Nov 24, 2017, 4:58 PM

Still getting belief that they can make the CFB Playoffs. First of all they don't deserve to get in showing how they were blown out once this year from a 6-5 Iowa team and beaten down by a 10-1 Oklahoma team which gives them 2 losses. They get a pass EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR. And it infuriates me. They've been one of the most overrated football programs for the past 3 years, J.T. Barett is so inconsistant, and if they played any team that gives ANY type of competition, THEY WOULD BE HUMILIATED. IF THEY SOMEHOW get in this year over any team, it would be an embarassment to the committee and an embarassment to college football.

They deserve 0 chances of getting in. 0-H-31-0.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Losing to Oklahoma shouldn't count. Because Miss Mayfield.

Nov 24, 2017, 5:03 PM

Who could possibly expect to beat OU with her as QB?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Losing to Oklahoma shouldn't count. Because Miss Mayfield.

Nov 24, 2017, 5:04 PM

Mayfield otherwise known as: Sir GrabMyNuts

Re: Losing to Oklahoma shouldn't count. Because Miss Mayfield.

Nov 24, 2017, 5:07 PM

Sir F U grab my nutz

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Tired of Ohio State (RANT)

Nov 24, 2017, 5:15 PM

Rant is almost certainly unnecessary. They got their Brand Name Exemption last year, and got exposed.

Don't think The Committee would do it again, and it'd take some pretty monumental re-shuffling.

Winner of Iron Bowl OR Georgia is probably in for the SEC.

Clemson or Miami is almost certainly in for the ACC.

Oklahoma is almost certainly in if wins at West Virginia and Big 12 title game. (likely)

Wisconsin is in if they win B1G.

Those are the only teams that control their fate. After that you'd look at Alabama if they were to lose the Iron Bowl and not play in the SECCG. You'd probably even get a ton of pressure to put a 2-loss Pac-12 champ like Southern Cal, Washington State, or Washington in ahead of OSU. You might could even see UCF make a charge since they're playing a 9-1 South Florida team right now and will play a ranked Memphis team in the AAC championship game. I wouldn't sleep on UCF...they're under the radar now and UCF only gets 12 games to make their case...which is not their fault since they had three games cancelled or rescheduled due to Irma.

In a doomsday scenario, though, I could easily see even UCF sneaking in ahead of OSU. A 15-point loss to Oklahoma and that 31-point loss to Iowa just kind of wipe them out; it's just going to be too durn hard to convince anyone they belong there this year, period.

Truthfully, I'd rather play OSU. I think UCF is just plain better and I suspect The Committee would believe that too.

UCF would only get in if the committee could pair them with Bama. ***

Nov 24, 2017, 5:33 PM

Valid Rant and Good Reply Q

Nov 24, 2017, 6:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Tired of Ohio State (RANT) ]

I still expect the Clemson / Okies / Auburn (if wins Iron Bowl) / Bama playoff scenario. Ohio St beats WISC in bowl but not good enough.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As a Clemson fan, we welcome Ohio State AND Oklahoma...

Nov 24, 2017, 5:21 PM

Auburn too.

I don’t know.. I say let em in, maybe get them in round 1

Nov 24, 2017, 5:58 PM

Everything in college football should run through the “is this good for Clemson” grid. Otherwise, I could care less.

Re: Tired of Ohio State (RANT)

Nov 24, 2017, 6:28 PM

No team from the Big 10 deserves a bid. None. Period.

After MSU was shut out 38- and OSU was shut out 31-0, that conference deserves absolutely ZERO chances at any playoff for at least 2 years. Add to the fact how classsless Big 10 fans have acted, that entire conference deserves to be put in a timeout.

The SEC at least has a record to backup their arrogance, although that conference has done nothing in the past 6 years outside Bama.

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,520
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic