Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Throughout the day today I will teach no classes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 435

Throughout the day today I will teach no classes

Sep 11, 2019, 8:11 AM

that has a student who was alive during 9/11/2001.

It's crazy that today's kids don't look at a low flying plane and in the back of their mind wonder if it's going to run into a building.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

I also will teach no classes

Sep 11, 2019, 8:19 AM

that has a student who was alive during 9/11/2001.

I will also teach no classes that has a student who was born after 11 Sept 2001.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Duly noted. Not a teacher.***

Sep 11, 2019, 8:21 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a crazy coincidence.***

Sep 11, 2019, 8:29 AM [ in reply to I also will teach no classes ]

If it makes you feel better, I'm old and still don't think

Sep 11, 2019, 8:20 AM

that when I see a low-flying plane. Partly because I know the odds, and partly because I refuse to let them win. If that's what I'm thinking when I see a low flying plane, they win. Nope. Don't think it. Even in the back of my mind.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course they don't. They are more worried about they

kid who is a little off coming in and shooting the place up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We all are.

We all are.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We all are... a little off.***

Sep 11, 2019, 8:28 AM

I'm more worried about a car wreck taking the kids to school

Sep 11, 2019, 8:36 AM

than a shooting. Or even a bus wreck when they're coming home in the afternoon on the bus.

Our greatest terror threats lately have been citizens.

Sep 11, 2019, 8:30 AM [ in reply to Of course they don't. They are more worried about they ]

Sad

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Been listening to a podcast about the Revolutionary War and

Sep 11, 2019, 8:55 AM

they brought up a decent point...Was George Washington a domestic terrorist?

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only to those that disagreed with him.***

Sep 11, 2019, 9:22 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not really. Now this is a little nuanced, but I'll give it

Sep 11, 2019, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Been listening to a podcast about the Revolutionary War and ]

a shot. Terrorism as a term is about as overused as racism these days.

But the way I see it, if you're fighting a government/nation, you're not a terrorist. If you're fighting a people, an ideology, or a religion, a race, etc. then you are a terrorist. As such, a terrorist knows no political/governmental borders. Their objective is solely to instill fear (terror) in people. It's not to achieve territorial or governmental change through any direct action. It is not intended to topple a government, but instead to instill fear in a people.

"One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter" is a phrase often heard. There's some truth to it only if you have an expansive view of the term terrorism. Terrorism has been expanded in my lifetime because the term has been used by nations (governments) to label enemies that are often governments or nations themselves. We ourselves have been guilty of this. Now there ARE governments that support terrorists and terrorism to act offensively on their behalf by proxy, but that does not make the government "sponsor" (or nation) a terrorist itself.

Again, nuanced, but I hope you get the picture.

As an example, you could say the Boston Tea Party was an act of domestic terrorism. But an organized uprising, and eventually a standing army, fighting a nation as Washington did, that's not terrorism. Often revolutions start as a collection of acts of domestic terrorism that later organize into a military army that then fights the state army. In our own history, symbolic acts early on as in the Boston Tea Party, those acts could be called terrorism. But once a standing army is organized, they become freedom fighters. This is what ISIS tried to do. They started as terrorists and organized with plans to become a nation state. At the point they began acquiring land for their caliphate through organized military action, they went from being terrorists to a state enemy. Same with the Taliban. When they were fighting the Russians in Afghanistan they were terrorists originally. They later became a state.

I hope this makes some sense.

Not really surprising though, look at the type of person who

Sep 11, 2019, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Our greatest terror threats lately have been citizens. ]

is breeding the most rapidly. They're fuggin terrible man, just really poor, trashy genetics. They're popping out 4-5 kids to normal people's 1-2, and the next generation seems to be 10x worse than the previous.

My wife works with a lot of these shitheads, and quite frankly we'd all be better off without them. 32 year olds so morbidly obese they can't make it through a walkway, but somehow they've got 3 kids by 4 different fathers or something outrageous like that. Their kids basically end up being wild animals, see it all of the time out in public.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I assume you've watched this movie then.

Sep 11, 2019, 9:56 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzbWXgM0ygU

I have, and it's more true than people want to believe

Sep 11, 2019, 10:01 AM

I'd wager that the average IQ in this country is dropping rapidly. Even a lot of college educated folks are pants on head retarded.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If it's any consolation, mother nature has a way of thinning

Sep 11, 2019, 10:26 AM

herds.

As we speak, someone in the Congo may be coming down with Ebola, with just the right mutation to make it airborne. They will pass it to their family members. ONE of those family members will pass it to a neighbor. Pretty soon the whole neighborhood will have it and 60% will die. Within a week it will cross to other countries and spread rapidly around the world in weeks. In 2 to 3 months, half the people on Earth will be gone.

OR....fat lazy slobs will continue having lower and lower sperm counts. Eventually we will be too fat and have too few sperm to reproduce. Within 100 years the world's population will drop 25%, then 50% more the next century.

Or....a giant meteor hits the planet and puts us in a winter that last for 30,000 years and kills 80% of humans.

Or....somewhere in Africa flea bites a bat. That bat has a novel flu strain. That same flea lands on a bird and bites it. That bird had a novel flu strain. Then the flea lands on a pig, who has yet another flu strain. That pig gets slaughtered with a flu virus unknown to mankind. The butcher gets sick and dies. Then his family, then his village, then within a few months over half the world dies from a flu pandemic that strikes so fast it's spread everywhere before we can even make a vaccine.

Or.......antibiotic-resistant bacteria, or.....you get it.

If I'm having to bet, I'd wager the world's population will be far less than it is today in 100 years. Not more. I'll take the under on that one.

I'm pretty sure you could wipe out at least half of the US's

Sep 11, 2019, 10:44 AM

population just by turning the power off for more than a month.

Solar storm kills power grid. Forgot that one.***

Sep 11, 2019, 10:46 AM

I read some "study" that claimed

Sep 11, 2019, 12:00 PM [ in reply to I'm pretty sure you could wipe out at least half of the US's ]

If the US power grid was taken out, that over 80% of the population would be dead within a year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

I was watching a Woodstock documentary on Netflix and

Sep 11, 2019, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Not really surprising though, look at the type of person who ]

realized half way through "Hey, where are all the fat people?" - might have been some young people with a few extra pounds, but
mostly skinny, and none of the morbidly obese kids walking around today....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My son loves that documentary

Sep 11, 2019, 11:32 AM

because it shows #####

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

####

Sep 11, 2019, 11:32 AM

boobs
tits
titties
tiddies
h00ters

Have you forgotten?

Sep 11, 2019, 8:31 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6yLQRF-cEU

also, kids today have grown up always being at war

Sep 11, 2019, 9:14 AM

Had an ROTC leader from VMI tell me that when I asked him about ROTC for lil'APM. That alone is incredible. I grew up in the Cold War and when we invaded Grenada it was like, "Whoa". And of course the false sense of ease that the Gulf War "victory" caused back in 1990/91. Now kids just know unending war.

That's messed up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You live in a super rural part of SC

Sep 11, 2019, 10:17 AM

and low flying planes make you nervous that they will hit what.....?? A holiday inn express?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My treestand***

Sep 11, 2019, 10:17 AM

You do realize you just given us the formula to take you out

Sep 11, 2019, 10:57 AM

right?

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is fun to go for a run (or walk for fatties)

Sep 11, 2019, 12:38 PM [ in reply to My treestand*** ]

on the Chicago lake shore and just how close they come to the buildings/city. I used to fly in all the time and they get eerily close at times.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 435
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic