Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why I'm not worried about our o-line
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,181

Why I'm not worried about our o-line

Jun 29, 2015, 9:34 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stats can say what you want them to say

Jun 29, 2015, 9:41 AM

We need to protect him if we want him to play all 14 (15) games!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stats can say what you want them to say

Jun 29, 2015, 9:51 AM

Stats can say what you want them to say ?
That one saus DW4 had the highest completion rating while being blitzed among all the QBs in the Power5 conferences .
I like what that one says.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 29, 2015, 10:07 AM

Same here. I like that stat.

Jun 29, 2015, 10:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Stats can say what you want them to say ]

Lets consider the injuries that DW4 and see how they could have been prevented. His finger? Caught in a helmet as he was running out of bounds. His knee? When did that happen? Certainly not when he was running through the coots defense or getting hit while running.

Those numbers show that while blitzing, DW4 has the ability to throw passes and get out of trouble. Has absolutely NOTHING to do with protecting him. He was sacked 8 times last year out of 145 passing attempts, as a true freshman. I have little to no doubt that he is stronger and smarter this year, and the OL will do a very good job in protecting him. Our passing offense doesnt require a lot of sitting back in the pocket for 4-5 seconds as our WRs are good at breaking coverage and DW has reliable drop offs if the pressure comes.

Hold on to your hats, its going to be a great year AGAIN to be a Tiger, and NOT a coot. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2015, 3:56 PM

Its going to be a wild ride for sure but I have a lot of faith in what Watson can do and I'm pretty sure he can handle it.

He may complete passes but he will get hit more

Jun 29, 2015, 10:10 AM

and what about our running game?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

This is bad logic.

Jun 29, 2015, 10:10 AM

That stat, while impressive, is referring to when defensive players come up from the linebacker and secondary spots, to increase the pass rush, this leaving the back end of the defense light on personnel. However, a bad line means you are getting pressure with less linebacker and secondary support, meaning that DW would still be rushed as if facing a blitz, but throwing into a greater defensive presence than what he sees on a true blitz.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

Re: Why I'm not worried about our o-line

Jun 29, 2015, 4:37 PM

We'd better use a lot of jet-sweeps and our RB corp had better be awesome to take the load of of DW4. He needs to be the general with the laser arm, and protect the ball. The rest of our 'team' needs to carry their part of the load.

With the WR's that are on board, we should be fine. Most D's cannot cover what CLEMSON brings to the field, so somebody is going to be open every play IMO. DW4 needs to find that open guy and execute. I believe he can do that without too much exposure to blindside hits, blitzes, etc.

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,181
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic