»
Topic: There simply aren't 8 quality teams.
Replies: 8   Last Post: Dec 7, 2019 2:19 PM by: whatweeatin
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 8  

There simply aren't 8 quality teams.

[12]
Posted: Dec 7, 2019 1:24 PM

And that is proven every year. The current system is the correct system. This weekend serves just fine as the quarter finals.

Spot the ball and blow the whistle, and let's move on.

Yup. We usually have three deserving teams, sometimes

[7]
Posted: Dec 7, 2019 1:25 PM

just two and very occasionally four. Right now we're discussing which undeserving team gets the 4th spot and yet people want to expand it to 8.

2020 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

I concur..

[2]
Posted: Dec 7, 2019 1:27 PM

and as Dabo says..Win & In!

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

To All CLEMSON TiGERS..Sending you Bright Light from the Carolina Coast and hoping you get to witness a huge Orange sunset tonight. Go Tigers!

There never are, it always works itself out

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 1:26 PM

4 teams is great for Clemson. We would still probably be the deepest in an 8 team which would also give us a big advantage.

2020 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

I still like the seeded 6 team approach

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 1:31 PM

Top 2 seeds get an extra week while 3-6 battle for spots to play the top 2. If only to add 1 more week of football. Goes by too fast

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

I wouldn't hate this I guess, but the bye is just too big

[1]
Posted: Dec 7, 2019 1:36 PM

an advantage, and the media would pump for SEC and B1G teams to get that advantage every time.

2020 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

Re: I still like the seeded 6 team approach

[2]
Posted: Dec 7, 2019 1:36 PM

Whoever your #5 and #6 are, they are auditioning this weekend, or had the regular season to do so.

We can barely find a #4.. let alone a 5 and 6.

There aren't two quality teams.

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 1:35 PM

Clemson then ROY.

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: There simply aren't 8 quality teams.

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 2:19 PM

Last season many said there was only one quality team in the championship and look what happened. There are 120+ teams playing 12 games each. Not a large enough sample to rule teams out. The only issue I have is you should earn it by winning your championship.

null

Replies: 8  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 2020 Clemson Football Season tickets, 1 pair. Section N (Lower Deck) Row M, near aisle. Just a few...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
542 people have read this post