Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The summer before my senior year at Clemson, I went to the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

The summer before my senior year at Clemson, I went to the

Oct 8, 2014, 9:01 PM

Jockey Lot in Anderson. I spent $30 on a puppy. 14 years later, he has been put down. That dude was with me for a long time, from Clemson, to Bluffton SC to Charlotte NC. He and I have been through the single years, to the married years, to a time where my wife and I brought home a baby. He would sleep next to our son's bed until his last night. As a lab mix, he first started swimming in Lake Hartwell and then run wild on the dykes. He has attended numerous Clemson tailgates sporting a Clemson bandana. I'll miss him.

These d@mn onions that someone is cutting in my house...pets become a part of us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

So sorry for your loss.

Oct 8, 2014, 9:07 PM

had to put mine down last May. Hardest thing I have ever done and I have done this 4 times now. Dogs are the best. Hope you find some solace in your memories.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you! It really is a hard thing to do***

Oct 8, 2014, 9:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Sucks man.

Oct 8, 2014, 9:50 PM

Sorry to hear that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The summer before my senior year at Clemson, I went to the

Oct 8, 2014, 10:00 PM

So sorry to hear that. It's tough. Reminds me of may 8 2012 when I had to put down my pup that I'd had since the single days. She'd been through it all!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sorry man. that sucks.

Oct 8, 2014, 10:01 PM

dogs are awesome, aren't they?

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

Yes they are!***

Oct 8, 2014, 10:19 PM

I feel your pain.

Oct 8, 2014, 10:33 PM

I just put Bear down a few weeks ago. He was 14 years old as well. The house is empty without him. Very sorry for your loss...I know your pain.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you, sorry for yours as well***

Oct 8, 2014, 10:57 PM

Them feels, I know them

Oct 8, 2014, 10:38 PM

Our pair our 14 year old pups passed earlier this year. Also got them my senior year at Clemson. From SC to DE to NJ to PA to VA. They didn't make it on this move back to PA. Lots of great companionship and memories. Sorry for your loss.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks

Oct 8, 2014, 10:58 PM

Them feels...not fun feels! Sorry for your loss as well

dang. One thing to remember...

Oct 8, 2014, 11:12 PM

about dogs, when they look at you, they look in your eyes. Why? Do they even comprehend that you see them through your eyes? There is much more there than we know. I believe you will have a chance to see him again.

Sorry for your loss. Been there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let us not be deceived by phrases about ‘Man taking charge of his own destiny.’ All that can really happen is that some men will take charge of the destiny of others. . . . The more completely we are planned the more powerful they will be. - C.S. Lewis

They hug you with their eyes***

Oct 9, 2014, 9:34 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

That sucks man, sorry to hear that.***

Oct 9, 2014, 6:26 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry, my good Friend, about your loss. When I was nine

Oct 9, 2014, 7:01 AM

we got a black and white spaniel pup.

He always ate leftovers, even chicken bones, slept outside in a dog house except during cold weather, and never harmed a person.

Thus, it was incredible that during a phone call to my Dad in 1973, he asked me to hold on a sec, then returned to tell me that ole Casey had walked from his dog house to our back door, then simply laid down and died.

I was 26 years old; he had lived for 17 years...and I cried. I still think of that old friend often.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks hartins, I know the feeling very well today.

Oct 9, 2014, 9:07 AM

Although we have pets that come and go through our lives, it never gets easy.

Dogs are a blessing. I'm very sorry for your loss. He'll be

Oct 9, 2014, 7:15 AM

waiting for you at the gaits one day!

They're family

Oct 9, 2014, 7:35 AM

Sorry to hear.

Wow sorry to hear that bud. 14 years is a long time to get

Oct 9, 2014, 8:07 AM

attached to those guys.

Once you're ready for another juan, I have a yappy dog (or two) that you might be interested in.

:)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

I'll pass bob

Oct 9, 2014, 9:07 AM

but thanks :)

Re: no pigs?***

Oct 9, 2014, 8:11 AM

Re: no pigs?***

Oct 9, 2014, 9:11 AM

No pigs, he was a rottie lab mix, body like a lab, markings of a rottie. I call that pigs for the imagination ;)

Re: you suck***

Oct 9, 2014, 9:12 AM

your face does***

Oct 9, 2014, 9:26 AM

Sad deal.

Oct 9, 2014, 8:12 AM

I can't imagine my 3 year old leaving me. Gonna be a bad month when she does.

Sorry to hear about your loss

Oct 9, 2014, 8:48 AM

People think I'm crazy when I say I would be devastated if something happened to one of my dogs, a lab mix and a beagle, but they really do become a family member, ours are like kids to us. At least you got 14yrs worth of memories.

Thank you all for your comments***

Oct 9, 2014, 9:12 AM

I know dem feels.

Oct 9, 2014, 9:20 AM

We bought a lab mix at the Jockey Lot and had him for 13 years and had to have him put down a little over a year ago.

#stillsux

Apparently the Jockey Lot produces some long living pups!***

Oct 9, 2014, 9:26 AM

Irish Setter growing up and a Jack Russell later on.

Oct 9, 2014, 9:33 AM

Sucks having to put them down.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

it never gets easy

Oct 9, 2014, 10:03 AM

sorry for your loss

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic