Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The year is 2041. Texas defeated Clemson for the NC in 2040
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

The year is 2041. Texas defeated Clemson for the NC in 2040

Oct 15, 2017, 1:23 PM

It's time for the 2016 Clemson National Championship team to run down the hill one more time and celebrate the 25th anniversary of their accomplishment.

Every living player is there to enjoy the reunion of brothers - except for Texas head coach, Hunter Renfrow (even though it's their bye week). He sends a thanks but no thanks because he's committed to success at Texas and he's all in with them now.

I'm thinking the folks who are pi$$ing and moaning about Dabo visiting his alma mater right now will be the first to whine on this board about what a piece of crap our former player is for not coming back to celebrate with the school that gave him a leg up as a player and later as an assistant coach.

Just my hunch. I could be wrong.

Probably not

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My pissing and moaning has everything to do with

Oct 15, 2017, 1:32 PM

how we lost to Syracuse.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Not criticizing you. I feel the same way

Oct 15, 2017, 1:39 PM

My post is aimed only at those whose ignorance/arrogance allows them to believe that any person in any walk of life should choose not to attend a celebration of a great event in which they participated simply because they are employed by a competitor.

We played the worst game I've seen us play in years Friday night and Dabo is responsible for some of the bad decisions. His upcoming trip was not one of those bad decisions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It reminded me of a mid-2000's Clemson team.

Oct 15, 2017, 2:41 PM

Soft, slow, and unmotivated.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's see: in 2041, I'll be 94. Hopefully, I'll enjoy

Oct 15, 2017, 1:27 PM

the luxury of a turbo-charged, V-8 wheelchair driveable on our sooper dooper highways! lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let's see: in 2041, I'll be 94. Hopefully, I'll enjoy

Oct 15, 2017, 1:48 PM

In 2041 I'll be 109. Hartins, guess you will have to pull me with your supercharger. Doubt I will be able to drive mine. lol

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

*counts on fingers* Well I'll only be 88. *smiles****

Oct 15, 2017, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Let's see: in 2041, I'll be 94. Hopefully, I'll enjoy ]

Don't get ahead of yourself...

Oct 15, 2017, 1:53 PM

The year is 2029....Its opening day at Death Valley, and the stadium is filled to its 126,843 capacity. All in orange. All waving orange flags. They cheer for their Tigers, celebrating the back to back national championships, and 4 out of the last 8 national championships. They are a dynasty. The media speculates "is this the greatest team ever?" Clemson, synonomous with "college football", is the envy of every other program in America.

The Four Horseman, Cherone Peak, Martravias Bryant, Mike Bellamy and of course Sammy Watkins, are in attendance. Dabo has always credited them with being the Spark that turned around Clemson’s fortune. Though Clemson never actually won a national title while they were there, the 3 ACC championships they won put Clemson squarely back in the mix for the national title hunt from their perch on top of the ACC.

Watkins, being Clemson's first Heisman Trophy winner and first #1 pick was greeted with roar, many still wearing his retired #1 jersey. Bellamy, a two-time NFL MVP and first ballot Hall of Famer raised his hand to the crowd, and nearly blinded all from the shine of his 4 super bowl rings. Peake and Bryant recently retired from the NFL as annual pro-bowlers and defining Clemson's new reputation as "Wide Reciever U".

Just beside the four horseman, are three former Tiger walk-ons: Will Swinney, Drew Swinney, and Clay Swinney. Will is now an assistant coach at Alabama. Drew, a successful attorney in Atlanta. And Clay, who defied the odds and is now a starting wide receiver for the Tennessee Titans. They stand there, in awe. Tears flowing from their face as they think back to all the practices, hours in the weight room, and tough victories over ACC foes. They are all champions. It has all come to this. This one moment. They know this is what they worked for. They know what it feels like to achieve your dream.

Then...an announcement is made, and a banner is dropped...

The West Zone will be renamed...the Dabo Swinney Zone. Suddenly, 126,843 chant "Dabo! Dabo!" at the top of their lungs, and thank God that they were patient with Dabo. He asked for patience. He delivered.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#1 Fan of Clemson Athletic Marketing Team

This is a real throwback post isn't it?

Oct 15, 2017, 2:30 PM

Seems like I remember reading it when I was much younger.

Re: Don't get ahead of yourself...

Oct 15, 2017, 2:42 PM [ in reply to Don't get ahead of yourself... ]

Dabo credited Mike BELLAMY with being one of four players who turned Clemson around.

The same Mike Bellamy Dabo sent packing?

And Sammy won a Heisman?

Wut?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think that piece was originally posted in 2011

Oct 15, 2017, 2:49 PM

Pretty sure I remember reading it.

It was in response to the "fire Dabo" crowd that was still pretty loud in those days.

Re: I think that piece was originally posted in 2011

Oct 15, 2017, 3:21 PM

Ohhh. Well that makes more sense. Lol.

Mike Bellamy LOL***

Oct 15, 2017, 2:44 PM [ in reply to Don't get ahead of yourself... ]

Re: Mike Bellamy LOL***

Oct 15, 2017, 2:45 PM

I am SO CONFUSED.

Re: The year is 2041. Texas defeated Clemson for the NC in 2040

Oct 15, 2017, 2:43 PM

Personally I don't care what they do on their day off. I think the argument some are making is maybe the planned celebration and not being able to attend son's Friday night game along with playing an obvious hobbled Kelly Bryant may have had something to do with the let down Friday night.

Just a weird weekend all the way around that I'm glad is almost over.

Message was edited by: keith75®

With some of these nuts any weekend even a winning one

Oct 15, 2017, 3:20 PM

Is usually weird!

Some of our maroons will be dead.

Oct 15, 2017, 3:15 PM

The others will grow up and get a freaking life. Maybe some will take their places but I'm not sure the same maroons we have now will be maroons then.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Learn what a minor criticism is...

Oct 15, 2017, 3:25 PM

All coaches make mistakes even Nicky Satan. Good coaches live and learn. You can't be calling the fans out one week for leaving early after two straight home games of shutting it down after the 1st qtr and just trying to run the clock out just to get touches for players who have been here the longest, and then the next week make plans to visit another school the day after a game on a short week of rest and hurt starting QB. Nothing wrong with pointing out a mistake.

And no nobody would complain about a former player who was a head coach not being able to make it back for a five minute recognition. We already have had former players not make it back for various reasons for a few minutes recognition cermony, and nobody complains on here, so that angle ain't working.

Not only can I recognize minor criticism,

Oct 15, 2017, 3:52 PM

I can recognize comments posted to inspire discussion, comments of encouragement, troll comments and just plain stupidity.

And you think he went for "a few minutes of recognition"? Like there was no reunion dinner, late night reminiscing in the hotel lobby or at someone's house about their years together and what they've done since, no Sunday morning brunch together before heading for the airport or driving home? Something tells me none of them went there just to stand on the field for a few minutes so they could hear the crowd cheer.

Is that what they tell you when groups you belonged to have reunions? "No man! There's nothing planned. Nobody's doing anything tonight. I know, weird isn't it?" - Did you notice any of them winking at each other when they said it?

My thoughts....

Oct 15, 2017, 4:28 PM

Eff, we lost to Texarse? Our QB must have been hobbling...damnedit

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Renfrow has them in a good place

Oct 15, 2017, 4:47 PM

Texas fans are scared to death we'll hire him back when Streeter retires even though he's building a 44,200 sq ft, $226,000,000 house on Lake Travis.

I know. You thought I was going to say Elliott was our head coach. He had his chance when Dabo retired but nine years and two Super Bowl wins with the Falcons was enough to keep him on the NFL sideline.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic