Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
QB seniority issues
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 5,270

QB seniority issues

Oct 23, 2017, 5:10 PM

We’ve all seen this in the past,Cole Stoudt over Deshaun for example.Now Zerrick Cooper.He’s over HJ because,”he’s been here”.I think HJ is more talented than ZC already,and I don’t think he should be placed behind because he’s a true freshman.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: QB seniority issues

Oct 23, 2017, 5:14 PM

The issue is does HJ have a good command of the playbook? If he doesn't are you comfortable with putting him in and having an issue of miscommunication that could lead to costly turnovers?

There are a lot of variables at play here that we as fans are not knowledgeable enough about to say one way or the other.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2017, 5:38 PM

I would like to point out that DW4 threw 17 ints. last year and we parleyed that into a National Championship. So evidently the staff is not overly afraid of turn overs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's true, but the 41 TD's sort of made up for the 17 int.

Oct 23, 2017, 5:42 PM

Throw in the fact Gallman rushed for 17 scores and DW4 tacked on 9 more we had a much more potent offense last year.

KB while good, in a different way than DW4, does not have the arm talent to overcome turnovers like DW4 did, or he just hasn't shown it yet.

Oct 24, 2017, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Re: QB seniority issues ]

I would like to point out DW4 is the best player in school history and was basically a 3rd Offensive coordinator out there changing plays and making sure we were in the right protections

Until Hunter can do that let’s not compare greatness to our 3rd string qb not knowing the playbook and potentially putting the team at risk for a bunch of turnovers

Oct 23, 2017, 5:15 PM

I’m a HJ advocate but can we please for the love of god move on from this?! If it’s KB or Cooper it is what it is....Jeezus

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Oct 23, 2017, 5:23 PM

I agree with you 100%, def think Dabo likes to go with older guy even if younger guy is better, we have seen it at multiple positions but nothing we can do about it no matter how many tnetters post so let's move on please.

I've always struggled with grammar and punctuation.

Oct 23, 2017, 5:20 PM

Would you be my tutor?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Oct 23, 2017, 5:28 PM

I completely agree. I think this is Dabo's main blindspot, that he gives a little too much loyalty to older players. I agree that you Hunter has to be prepared and ready to play, but man, he's plenty talented and seems to be much more calm in game scenarios. Zerrick looks like he has a case of the hiccups when he tries throwing the ball in a real game.

Oct 23, 2017, 7:16 PM

When have you ever seen HJ play in a real game?

I think his point is that Cooper has looked erratic while

Oct 23, 2017, 10:04 PM

Johnson looked good against Wake. Wake was a decent though admittedly not a pressure test. Might not be enough data, but Johnson looks better from what we have seen. He did lead to a score. Coaches might know other things, but it looks like a seniority bias at this point.

QB's need to make things happen. I know this is very subjective, but in the snaps I have seen Cooper seems to be running plays rather than making anything happen. Failing blamelessly rather than suceeding. Put me down as hoping I am wrong.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2017, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Re: QB seniority issues ]

Did anyone on Tigernet listen to Tiger Calls last night? Dabo made a telling comment about how the entire staff gauges players.

They understand talent, but they absolutely want consistency no matter the difference in talent. He said you can have the most talent, but if a player is not steady and consistent as expected they will not play due to inconsistency.

Now Tiger fans quit judging Dabo and staff and let them do the hard work each week. We need to be patient.

Go Tigers!

The statute of beating up on Cole Stoudt has run out.

Oct 23, 2017, 5:29 PM

Please move on. However we can bring up his great game vs Oklahoma anytime you want.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

if you don't want Stoudt to get beat up on, just don't bring him up at all***

Oct 23, 2017, 6:09 PM

You are a giant hypocrite

Oct 23, 2017, 7:11 PM

"If you don't support Clemson players just keep your mouth shut.. " - Tigerking79 10/23/17 10:33am

I guess it only applies to players you like.

https://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=22409720#22409720

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

You/we don't know more than the coaches........

Oct 23, 2017, 5:30 PM

what make you think you do? Are you at practices everyday? Do you know how well HJ understands the playbook?

Give the coaches some credit.

Re: You/we don't know more than the coaches........

Oct 23, 2017, 5:33 PM

I'm pretty sure all real fans give the coaches plenty of credit. That doesn't mean they don't make questionable decisions, especially with one as big as this.

Sorry but Johnson hasn't played enough to say he is...

Oct 23, 2017, 6:07 PM

definitely better than Cooper. Completely different with Stoudt over Watson. Watson played the first game of the season as a true freshman and led the team for a TD his first ever drive.

There is not, and has never been a "seniority issue".

Oct 23, 2017, 6:09 PM

What you saw with Stoudt/Watson had absolutely nothing to do with seniority. ZERO. What you are seeing now with ZC/HJ has zilch to do with seniority. Both have everything to do with experience and command of the offense, however, which are ENTIRELY DIFFERENT things than "seniority".

"Seniority" has to do with one thing and one thing only - the player that has been there the longest. To suggest that Dabo is basing or ever has based who plays on seniority over ability is just sheer idiocy. I mean complete brain-dead stupidity. Now, if you are suggesting that Dabo and his coaches value things like experience, knowledge, poise, and maturity, then yes, you're making some sense. It's perfectly fine if you think they put too much stock in those very important things while not giving enough weight to skill and talent; that may be debatable (even though I think it's quite a stretch), but please for the love of Tom, please quit saying it's because of "seniority".

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: There is, and has never been a "seniority issue".

Oct 23, 2017, 6:33 PM

^^^nailed it^^^^

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2017, 7:25 PM

So, you want to fire DAbo and hire West or Bowden back. Ken Hatfield is probably available.

Oct 23, 2017, 10:07 PM

I just can’t believe you think you are first to discuss this point. I just can’t anymore after seeing it every 10 minutes last week. Ahh bye weeks

Oct 23, 2017, 10:08 PM

Yeah, those National Championship winning coaches and their stupidity. How are they still even employed?

great response....NOTTTT!!!!***

Oct 24, 2017, 9:07 AM

Oct 24, 2017, 9:19 AM

Stop the BS. Its not seniority. Its what the staff feels comfortable doing. Very cootlike post.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 5,270
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic