Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Carrot is still out there.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 739

The Carrot is still out there.

Aug 3, 2016, 8:42 AM

Last season Dabo said the goal going into the season was to make them print 15 tickets. We accomplished that goal, but fell just short of the ultimate goal, which was to be the first College Football team in history to go 15-0 while winning it all. Obviously since Bammer had a loss, that goal is still out there for the Tigers this year. Win One in a Row, 15 times, guys. Then, you will have accomplished something that every other school will then only be able to equal, never surpass. (At least until the playoffs are expanded to 8 teams or beyond, but then we would have a new goal!)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Carrot is still out there.

Aug 3, 2016, 10:29 AM

Think this was discussed a couple times last season (I know I made a post about it). Clemson would be the third team to reach 15-0, first accomplished by Yale in 1894 who finished 16-0 (so that carrot is also gone). Penn in 1897 was the second team to reach that mark and finished 15-0.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Carrot is still out there.

Aug 3, 2016, 11:09 AM

You are of course correct. I should have said "major college football in the modern era". And, sorry, in the modern era, I don't consider Ivy League football to be anything approaching major.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 739
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic