Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The 2018 Recuiting Class Numbers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,299

The 2018 Recuiting Class Numbers

Jul 18, 2017, 8:39 AM

Has anyone recently evaluated the size of this recruiting class?

There was a ton of talk early on about this being a 10 man class but I can't imagine being less than 17 players at this point.

- We will have (5) open scholarships after Dabo gives one to the punter
- We have (6) 5th year seniors
- I think we lose a minimum of (4) players early to the NFL draft. I have Wilkins, Ferrell, Hyatt and Cain. I could also see Kendall Joseph, Ray Ray McCloud, Austin Bryant, Milan Richard, and Mark Fields potentially making the jump.
- A minimum of (2) players will transfer after the season and probably more. My best guesses are Adam Choice, Trevion Thompson, or any number of guys on defense depending on how this year players out

That's a MINIMUM of 17 scholarships and I think more realistically 19-20. That opens up spots to seriously pursue guys like Azeez Ojulari, Micah Parsons, Mustapha Muhammad and hog mollies on the O-Line. Can't wait for the All In Cookout and another top notch recruiting class!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo believes in honstey and transparency in recruiting.

Jul 18, 2017, 9:01 AM

So even though, as you suggest, there will be additional spots likely to open up, an offer isn't going to go out for a spot until it is extremely likely there is a slot open.

I think that helps us and hurts us at the same time.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: I honestly dont know what honstey means

Jul 18, 2017, 9:30 AM

but if Dabo believes in it so do I. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The 2018 Recuiting Class Numbers

Jul 18, 2017, 9:02 AM

I have always been a believer that 17 is the minimum you take each season. Last season we took 14 and had 3 transfers after signing day. 17 also gives you 85 if you keep everyone for 5 seasons. I understand it is very difficult to predict transfers, but at an elite level it is a large part of the process.

null

Jul 18, 2017, 9:38 AM

Wilkins, Ferrell, Hyatt and Cain. -- yes

Kendall Joseph, Ray Ray McCloud, Austin Bryant, Milan Richard, and Mark Fields -- no way, at this point, I'd be shocked if any of them thought that would be a good idea.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Ray Ray has a ways to go to become an NFL type WR

Jul 18, 2017, 9:47 AM

His size is an issue, so he really needs to show more explosiveness. Scott left early, but he had already played for 3 years and gotten a ton of touches. Scott's stock wasn't going to change with one more season at Clemson. Ray Ray hasn't gotten that many touches yet, so he could easily be a 4-yr player. I think his draft ceiling is probably a late rounder.

Agree ... if Ray Ray is ready for the NFL it will mean ...

Jul 18, 2017, 9:57 AM

... it will mean that he's had a fabulous 2017 season for Clemson.

Win / Win !!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2017, 9:57 AM [ in reply to Re: The 2018 Recuiting Class Numbers ]

I agree with you at this point as well. However, with each of them likely to take on much larger roles on the team this year vs. last I think that at least one or two of those names will surprise us and the scouts.

Each of them has the raw talent to be NFL caliber and would be drafted. Graduation status and family situations encourage guys to leave early even if they are projected to be late round picks.

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,299
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic