Topic: Bubble watch
Replies: 12   Last Post: Feb 14, 2020 12:51 PM by: _usffl
[ Tiger Boards - Basketball ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 12  

Bubble watch

[2]
Posted: Feb 13, 2020 12:35 PM

Seems that it has become the norm for teams that are sub .500 in conference play getting in on the bubble. I know still a lot left in the season but indiana has lost 4 in a row and are 5 -7 in conference play and bilas has them as the 35 best team and a projection of a 10 seed. Michigan might be a great team but near bottom of big ten with Indiana with a 6-7 record. Said it before but if you can't finish with a winning record in conference play you shouldn't be considered for the big dance. I know I gonna get hate for this comment but usuc isn't getting any consideration and have some quality wins and top 5 in sec which is more than I can say for our up and down season.

Re: Bubble watch

[1]
Posted: Feb 13, 2020 2:18 PM

Frankly, I don't think Clemson's bball season goes beyond the ACC tourney.

Posted: Feb 13, 2020 3:53 PM

If Clemson wins 3 more regular season games and 2 in the ACC tournament they are in I believe the NIT

Posted: Feb 13, 2020 3:09 PM

teams equal to or only slightly above an overall .500 record are most unlikely to make the tournament... which means that the only bubble watch worth your time in these parts is watching the bubbles of your kids, grandkids or other small child and the joy they get from them...

2020 white level member

ACC is so weak for past few years

Posted: Feb 13, 2020 3:52 PM

.500 used to get you in - not with the lack of strength in ACC now.

It's not simply due to a "weak" ACC.

[1]
Posted: Feb 13, 2020 3:57 PM

It's also due to a lot more quality teams than you used to have. This is most evidenced by the NIT, which used to be a virtual lock for a major college basketball team with at least a .500 overall record. Now? A .500 overall record isn't nearly enough.

2020 white level member

Brad Brownell: all-time winningest coach in Clemson men's basketball history, and only coach to beat North Carolina in Chapel Hill.

Pig

[1]
Posted: Feb 13, 2020 4:35 PM

Clemson's bubble burst early in the season. It's impossible to recover at this point.

Finish strong!!! Go Tigers!!!

I don't think the OP was talking about Clemson.***

Posted: Feb 13, 2020 4:54 PM

2020 white level member

Brad Brownell: all-time winningest coach in Clemson men's basketball history, and only coach to beat North Carolina in Chapel Hill.

Here is our bubble watch party

[1]
Posted: Feb 13, 2020 5:05 PM

https://giphy.com/gifs/reaction-mood-2fJ38W9v08ypKc2xyp

Posted: Feb 13, 2020 9:33 PM

Cinderella teams build hype, hype builds TV ratings, and TV ratings build $$$ for the NCAA. Cinderella teams have proven themselves more worthy than .500 teams from major conferences through the years, which do little to generate $$$ for the NCAA.

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 12:30 PM

Clemson BB team will not be in the NCAA's nor NIT this year!!!!

Yeah I agree

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 12:46 PM

I think there needs to be more emphasis on actual loses. Ohio State had a horrible stretch at one point during the year but were never close to being slotted out of the tournament. And since the conference season is longer now, the impact of November and December games should reduce as the season goes on.

Ridiculous that there is talk of 12 Big Ten teams getting in. I don't care how good they think the conference is.

That's only applicable

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 12:51 PM

In conferences with balanced schedules. Once you go to unbalanced schedules, conference record is fairly meaningless.

Replies: 12  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: LOWER LEVEL NORTH STANDS SEC UP- ROW C - SEATS 26,28 & 30 (32 YD LINE). SEC UP- ROW E - SEATS 18,2...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Basketball ]
Start New Topic
1237 people have read this post