Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Take a Moment Leading Up to the Natty
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 562
   | View Original Thread |

Take a Moment Leading Up to the Natty

Jan 3, 2020, 4:01 PM

and pinch yourself: We're getting ready to play in our 4th National Title Game in the last 5 years. I'll say it again--4th in 5 years!!

I'm not as old as many of the people on here but I've been following Clemson football for about 20 years.

I remember going 8-0 and having GT, FSU, and VT put us in our place.

I remember being in DV when upsetting #3 FSU felt like the greatest thing ever!

I remember the finish in '03 after that and thinking that 9-4 and a top 25 ranking was the greatest thing ever!

I remember it being a big deal when we were ranked in the top 20 in SI's pre-season magazine!

I remember when we beat a top 10 Miami team in OT in '04 and then lost to Duke the next week (and had to listen to it on the radio).

I remember counting the "also receiving votes" in the AP and Coaches Polls in the paper every week to see how close we were to being ranked.

I remember Whitehurst going 4-0 against USuCk!

I remember Gameday coming when I was at Clemson in '06 and then spanking a top 15 GT team and thinking we'd arrived!

I remember sitting in Lane Stadium while VT handed us our ##### the next Thursday night.

I remember sitting in the GA Dome and watching Bama take us to the woodshed.

I remember sitting in WF's high school stadium and watching Bowden's last gasp.

I remember USuCk going 5-0.

I remember watching hours of Sportscenter on Saturday nights just to see if they'd spend 30 seconds on Clemson's game that day.

I remember friends who were grads, students, and fans of OSU, Florida, So Cal, Auburn, Alabama, etc. and thinking "that must be awesome to see your team win a Title!"

I know almost everyone else here remembers these and much more. Who would have ever thought we'd be here!

I missed the 'Good Old Days' with Danny Ford and grew up hearing about how great those teams were. Win or lose on 1/13, take a moment to realize that we're living through the Good Old Days again and, as most of us can attest to, they don't last forever!

GO TIGERS!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 562
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic