Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: As Lawrence makes an impact, coach says the throws "are a thing of beauty"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

TNET: As Lawrence makes an impact, coach says the throws "are a thing of beauty"

Oct 25, 2018, 5:55 PM

As Lawrence makes an impact, coach says the throws "are a thing of beauty"

The impact that quarterback Trevor Lawrence has on the Clemson offense is noticeable. The Tigers are averaging almost 550 yards of total offense per game since Lawrence took over as the starter, and have scored 104 points over the last two games. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: As Lawrence makes an impact, coach says the throws "are a thing of beauty"

Oct 25, 2018, 6:00 PM

@KB

Re: TNET: As Lawrence makes an impact, coach says the throws "are a thing of beauty"

Oct 25, 2018, 6:12 PM

Oh dear, I just wish we could get KB back. Right!!

Oct 25, 2018, 6:04 PM

T Law will be the greatest QB in Clemson history (Including D Wat). Nobody including Bama will have an answer for his boundary throws AND Et's inside run game. Just merely impossible. Go Tigers!!!

Oct 25, 2018, 6:08 PM

Right!! Best QB ever at Clemson.

Oct 25, 2018, 6:49 PM

Top 2.

Oct 25, 2018, 7:08 PM

My favorite line from an article someone posted a few days ago by Chuck Culpepper at the Washington Post

"Near the start, with all the impressionist orange all around the place, the audience got to see a football floating through the autumn day so beautifully it looked like it might be smiling on its way. Trevor Lawrence, the long-blond freshman quarterback who has caused three other quarterbacks to transfer, spun it deep up the right hash mark toward a running Tee Higgins..."

I don't know about the football, but I was sure smiling :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"........ caused three other quarterbacks to transfer...."

Oct 25, 2018, 7:17 PM

They saw it, too! Impressive. Go Tigers!

Re: "........ caused three other quarterbacks to transfer...."

Oct 26, 2018, 7:02 AM

Funny how most all of us saw it, but Tony Elliot didn't. (or didn't he, really?)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IMHO

Oct 26, 2018, 9:41 AM

Coach Swinney kept #2 on the field until he believed #16 was ready. The talent disparity was evident on Day 1 to all coaches and players.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2018, 10:25 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: As Lawrence makes an impact, coach says the throws "are a thing of beauty" ]

Everybody had that same grin:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2018, 11:30 PM

...it's a different game, with the speed and the talent at this level, but I believe TL16 is feeling like this might High School all over again... let's hope Chase Brice simply plays the second half for the rest of the season.

Go Tigers!!!

Oct 26, 2018, 5:55 AM

The coaches brought TL along beautifully. He gets better and better. By play-off time we will be better than Bama. Bring it!

Oct 26, 2018, 7:00 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: As Lawrence makes an impact, coach says the throws "are a thing of beauty" ]

Great response. Trevor's play has been a thing of beauty. His play vs KB is night and day.

Oct 26, 2018, 9:04 AM

If they would let him do his thing, he would be one of, or THE, top heisman candidate!
He already would be if the coaches would have made this decision from the start, instead of choosing to coddle someone's feelings.

The part about the mental aspect can't be overstated.

Oct 26, 2018, 9:29 AM

The OL took a lot of heat at times last year. Could it have been because KB's decision making and calls were creating confusion? Absolutely it could've. Having the whole offense on the same page right now is music to my ears. Trevor didn't win the job on arm talent, alone. He wasn't the #1 player in the nation by accident. Dude knows how to play.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic