Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some of you guys need a major reality check!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 60
| visibility 1

Some of you guys need a major reality check!

Dec 3, 2016, 11:58 PM

Just take a look up and down this board, not just today, but all year! Constant b!tching and moaning about every little thing this football team does.

We are 12-1. We are playoff bound for the 2nd year in a row. 29 wins in our last 31 games. 2 straight conference championships. 2 orange bowl wins in the last 3 years. I could go on and on...

Yet many of you spend your time worrying about style points and every little nitpicky thing.

I think we should all learn from Coach Swinneys attitude about winning. They enjoy every single one because these are RARE times and winning is hard! Nobody in the country aside from Alabama are as consistent as we are over the last few years. Nobody!

My plea to you, is try to soak this up. Remember the late 90's and the mediocre Bowden days.

Message was edited by: easleytigr®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I Can Live With Nitpicky Stuff - Not Asinine Playcalling

Dec 4, 2016, 12:00 AM

and Stupid False Starts

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They playcalling was great tonight.***

Dec 4, 2016, 12:08 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Better play calling and we might be 26-2 in the last couple

Dec 4, 2016, 12:38 AM [ in reply to I Can Live With Nitpicky Stuff - Not Asinine Playcalling ]

years. LOL!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What about phantom holding calls?

Dec 4, 2016, 12:44 AM [ in reply to I Can Live With Nitpicky Stuff - Not Asinine Playcalling ]

The one on Mitch was right up there with the "tackling too hard" calls on Bulware.

LOved the boos.

Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

Re: I Can Live With Nitpicky Stuff - Not Asinine Playcalling

Dec 4, 2016, 6:07 AM [ in reply to I Can Live With Nitpicky Stuff - Not Asinine Playcalling ]

Wah for the nitpickers. Trump won. Clemson beat usuck. Clemson won the ACC Championship. Get over it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

,,,and don't do stupid sh!t to potentially give it away.***

Dec 4, 2016, 12:00 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Name the last team that went an entire season with

Dec 5, 2016, 9:01 AM

No penalties. You're an idiot if you think that these guys can play perfect every snap. It's not possible. Sucks when it happens at critical mmments, but occasionally it will. It's football. Get a grip.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

heck i remember the charlie pell days and tommy west

Dec 4, 2016, 12:01 AM

days and they were worst than Bowden oh and I left out hattfield.

Re: heck i remember the charlie pell days and tommy west

Dec 4, 2016, 12:43 AM

> days and they were worst than Bowden oh and I left
> out hattfield.

Uh, You might want to check Pell' s record. 19-4-1 after taking over a team that had just won 5 games in two seasons.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His 'recruits' won the NC... Man knew talent but no rules.***

Dec 4, 2016, 12:47 AM

Yes

Dec 4, 2016, 3:24 AM

Pell was great!
The 1977 team was outstanding.
Check it out! The Catch! Coot Crushers!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCfeBJtGb_o

The 1978 team?
Tigernet's All-Time Football Teams - #3 1978
Check it out!
www.tigernet.com/story/football/TigerNets-All-Time-Football-Teams-3-661
Steve Fuller - The Original #4
Jerry Butler
Dwight Clark
Joe and Jeff Bostic
Lester Brown
Obed Ariri was probably the greatest kicker we've ever had...all but guaranteed from 55yds on in!
Maybe Donald Igwebuke was better. Did he ever fail to send a kickoff that didn't sail far past the back of the endzone. All I know is if all Clemson soccer players from Nigeria are capable of that sort of greatness we ought to grab one.
Jim Stuckey
David Sims kicked a punt in the UNC game that must have been one of the greatest punts I've ever seen. Definitely the best punt I ever witnessed in Death Valley. I have no idea how far that one went but suffice it to say it was incredibly high, extraordinarily long and just kept rolling on after.
Does anybody know the final distance?
I'd love to know.
Who else am I forgetting?

#1 on that list - the 1981 National Champs
#2 Last Year, Baby!
Let's win the whole thing again this year so that we will have to rerank that #3 1978 team to the #4 spot!
ONLY TWO GAMES TO GO!

GO TIGERS!

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

1978 team would not have made playoff

Dec 4, 2016, 11:17 AM

weak schedule

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

18-4-1

Dec 4, 2016, 10:07 AM [ in reply to Re: heck i remember the charlie pell days and tommy west ]

Danny won the Gator bowl after Hatfield left.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

You also left out Red Parker!***

Dec 4, 2016, 8:03 AM [ in reply to heck i remember the charlie pell days and tommy west ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You also left out Red Parker!***

Dec 4, 2016, 10:27 PM

Check out who Red recruited .......I wanted him to get another year....Charlie got some pretty good players !!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You also left out Red Parker!***

Dec 5, 2016, 4:14 AM

Steve fuller comes to mind.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: heck i remember the charlie pell days and tommy west

Dec 4, 2016, 10:01 AM [ in reply to heck i remember the charlie pell days and tommy west ]

Charlie pull days were worst than Bowden? What are you smoking

Doesn't sound like you remember the Pell years at all.***

Dec 4, 2016, 10:56 AM [ in reply to heck i remember the charlie pell days and tommy west ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Some of you guys need a major reality check!

Dec 4, 2016, 12:02 AM

Here we go with the judgey judgerson coot posts. Quit telling other people how to live, prix.

Were u able to track down the Pitt game ref? Did u get to TP his house?

Dec 4, 2016, 12:07 AM

Nm

His mom won't let him out past curfew

Dec 4, 2016, 12:18 AM

Stuck being a tough guy online only

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One less compadre...***

Dec 4, 2016, 12:48 AM

12-1 on the way to the playoffs.

Dec 4, 2016, 12:03 AM

I try not to frequent the board a whole lot during the game. Not good for my sanity

Re: 12-1 on the way to the playoffs.

Dec 4, 2016, 12:36 AM

I stay off the boards during games. To many closet Coots and bandwagon fans badmouthing my Tigers.

12-1 now.***

Dec 4, 2016, 12:03 AM

Re: I would not want some of them on my team. They would

Dec 4, 2016, 12:04 AM

quit at the first sign of adversity.

Dec 4, 2016, 12:11 AM

Nice update from 11-1 to 12-1

:)

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Caught me! Sorry I was rolling!

Dec 4, 2016, 12:14 AM

I'll own that mistake any day!

Go Tigers!

One Thousand Thumbs Up

Dec 4, 2016, 12:17 AM

spoiled brats

I predict the beotching will be cut by at least 30%

when we win the Natty.

Hey I may get upset when we look bad, play poorly

And to let loose on TNET is my best outlet. I'm sorry it bothers you but you need to FOCUS on the game and not a board. I like to see our Tigers play their best, is that bad and does my ranting here hurt the team that is playing ? NOPE

I didn't say anything about it hurting our team...

Dec 4, 2016, 12:28 AM

I'm just trying to get some of you to FOCUS on the success we are having. And I don't generally post during games, and I say you do... so who has the in game focus problem??

I've been around the tough seasons and games like tonight

Dec 4, 2016, 12:32 AM

Remind me of why we are better than we used to be...and that is we actually WIN the game instead of lose it.

Seeing talent with great talent such as our Tigers have needs to show on the field. Winning by 7 over VT is great and all, but we are better than that and you know it. I come on here to release game stress to reset my mindset. For whatever reason it is my release, again sorry to bother you.

Sorry, great talent with great coaching*****

Dec 4, 2016, 12:32 AM

Good to know TNet is all about you, freeloader.

Dec 5, 2016, 6:22 AM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Why not rant to a family member? Maybe they care.***

Dec 4, 2016, 12:45 AM [ in reply to Hey I may get upset when we look bad, play poorly ]

Thanks, appreciate your TNET dictatorship

Dec 4, 2016, 12:50 AM

Tell somebody else how to be a fan, thanks again. We won and are 12-1 and conference champs again!

People are gonna argue! Imagine how boring it would be

Dec 4, 2016, 12:33 AM

If everyone just sat around and talked about how great we are

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2016, 12:35 AM

I'm proud of my Clemson Tigers & the players won that game tonight! But our coaches need a reality check!

Dec 4, 2016, 12:35 AM

I'm proud of my Clemson Tigers & the players won that game tonight! But our coaches need a reality check!

Dec 4, 2016, 12:36 AM

only thing that is missing is the big prize....and I believe that will be coming back to Clemson at the end of this season.....Go Tigers!!!!!

The Clemson Coaches Association on Tnet

Dec 4, 2016, 12:41 AM

is always critical beyond the point of absurdity

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clap, clap, clap!!***

They have antibiotics for that, now, but I don't know

Dec 4, 2016, 12:52 AM

about triple diagnoses...

The details that we fuss over separate Nick Saban and

and Kirby Smart. What sideline do you want to run too?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The details that we fuss over separate Nick Saban and

Dec 5, 2016, 6:03 AM

That was my thought exactly. The attention to details is what separates Saban from everyone else.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Monday morning qb it's called reality

Dec 4, 2016, 12:53 AM

During the game. Some bonehead moves

Dec 4, 2016, 12:55 AM

You are exactly right.I would love style points as I could relax for a change during the game. The fact of the matter is it is very hard to win football games.Give credit to the coaching staff and players for the accomplishments of the last two years! What a run! I've been a Tiger fan my whole life. I was born in 81'. I never was able to witness this type of success until now and I'm beyond grateful! This is what I had always dreamed of.Clemson at the top of the conference year after year. Please enjoy this! Remember how hard the players work.If we have to work hard as fans on the edge of our seats,remember we're finally doing our part!They need us as much as we need them!Go Tigers!!

Dec 4, 2016, 12:55 AM

Yeah some do need to chill. I read a lot of posts, game predictions last week and laughed when peeps saying 20-30 pt victory. Va tech is good. Only team to come close to 40 pts on foster d was tenn. & that took 5 fumbles and a blocked punt. Most in their own red zone. We played great game and we didn't match up personnel wise on D.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2016, 1:00 AM

great post

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Dec 4, 2016, 1:02 AM

I hear what you're saying but at the same time, were any of the coaches consistently "happy" throughout the game? We continue to win but haven't come close to playing our best yet and it's now the post-season. It's hard to be mad at anyone for bitching when there's actually reason to #####. The blocking IS atrocious. The punting and kick-off distances ARE atrocious. The missed assignments in the second half are frequent. There were handfuls of missed tackles. If you want to win against Alabama, you need to play a near-if-not-completely perfect game. I think constructive criticism is healthy and certainly not indicative of not being a "true fan". In fact, the most critical people I know are the most passionate. I'd be careful putting every single complaint under the umbrella of unjustified when there was plenty to complain about tonight, win or not. We should have beaten that team by 21+ points. We let them back in the game over and over. You can't watch Mitch Hyatt hand over 20 yards in false start penalties in the 4th quarter and clap if you're a die-hard fan, I'm sorry. I'm not sticking up for all the grief around here but for those of us that have played, grew up on, coached football, etc., sometimes it's impossible to just keep to ourselves all of our frustrations.

Anyways, happy for the W, happy for Deshaun & back to back ACC championship title. But I still say we have some work to do. Goodnight all. Safe travels & go Tigers!

Dec 4, 2016, 1:07 AM

Agree. The first teams that I can remember watching were in rhe early 70's, so I have seen some good and bad times. I even remember hearing people ##### and moan about Danny Ford - yes, even after the championship. This really is a golden age for Clemson football, but I suspect that every game will not be perfect. I have found that it is best for me to focus on the positives rather than the negatives (which I can't change anyway). I think those within earshot of me prefer that as well.

Dec 4, 2016, 1:36 AM

Do not get me wrong. Great win by the Tigers. I can deal with a game here and there being close for some odd reason, but 8 or 9 coming down to the 4th quarter is not acceptable with the talent on this team. The offense is complacent and the D is not nearly as good as last year which is to be expected. We need make offensive calls with this in mind.

Still in search of the close to perfect game for the players AND COACHES.

Dec 4, 2016, 6:32 AM

Well said! We would have never expected our Tigers to go this far and be this great years ago! Now here we are-consistently great!!!

So true !***

Dec 4, 2016, 7:39 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2016, 7:53 AM

I agree with almost everything you but as a former LB, LB is very important to me and I will always be critical of that. We do not have very good LBs...amazing what we've been able to accomplish this year with that weakness. Thank god for a great QB and DL.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Dec 4, 2016, 10:10 AM

Where did you play? Let me guess. You were one bad a$$ hs lb

hind sight is 20/20***

Dec 4, 2016, 8:21 AM

Oh stop the hand-slapping

Dec 4, 2016, 9:46 AM

preaching and policing the board. We get a post like this every year. If we followed you, there wouldn't be an entertaining board. Chill, man. People are just having fun, not moaning. If your wife scrambles one egg and fries the other, you'll tell her she scrambled the wrong egg.

Dec 4, 2016, 6:12 PM

Well said we are in rarified air, we need to enjoy the ride.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 60
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic