Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some fans I just don't understand
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Some fans I just don't understand

Mar 10, 2018, 8:36 AM

A reasonable expectation for this basketball season was a +.500 record and maybe a NIT bid. We were picked 13th in the league. Now as it sits we won more ACC games than we have in the history of our program, made the semifinals of the conference tournament, and looking to get a decent seed in the NCAA tourney. All of which happened after we lost our best player. You would think a season like that would garner the respect and support of our great fan base, but it doesn't. It seems as if some of you are happier when we suck and have no chance at the tournament. I sure like it better when we are playing this way and making the NCAAs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some fans I just don't understand

Mar 10, 2018, 8:43 AM

Well said.The arm chair coaches who “ know how to do things” are always at the top of their grumbling

I diasgree. I knew we were making the tournament before...

Mar 10, 2018, 8:57 AM

the season. I saw the depth and upgrades in talent. I never called that we would make the tournament any other season before this season, but I knew before this season we would be going to the tournament. The pieces and depth were finally in place. I said it over and over before the season that we would be in the tournament. All I got were comments such as, "I want what your smoking." We've done about what I thought we were capable of, maybe slightly better. We've done well. That said, I don't see how anyone thinks it's reasonable to think we should have done much more and complain about anything at all. We did much of this without Grantham too. Nobody expected that. It's been a great year. I hope we can get at least 1 win in the tournament. At that stage the season will be a resounding success. Anything after that would be gravy.

Re: I diasgree. I knew we were making the tournament before...

Mar 10, 2018, 9:43 AM

I agree. I thought for sure we would make the big dance. That 13th in the ACC preseason was a joke imo.

Mar 10, 2018, 8:59 AM

I see it a bit different. Maybe 2 or 3 trolls just posting negative to get their jollies off or whatever reason. But I see more people that are disappointed that we lost or when we lose.

This is a sports forum and I would say most perceived negative posts are more of people just posting their own opinion on how or why we didn’t win a game. Right or wrong, but mainly just disappointed, imo. But still are fans and in the long run are appreciative of what we accomplished... if that makes sense.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2018, 11:55 AM

I have noted some fans who no matter what happened would find fault with Brownell or a player just to gripe. The negative nellies will never be happy no matter the outcome or the long term outlook. The mods need to shut them up, but the controversy makes for good posts.

This season has been beyond expectations and I will not complain accordingly.

Go Tigers!

I'm actually quite pleased with the teams' performance this season.
The only drawback(and this is just an observation, not a criticism) was our inability to win some key games on the road, which will be crucial to any run in the "Big Dance".

The difference is, everyone is on the road...

Mar 10, 2018, 9:05 AM

in the Big Dance. Most teams have issues on the road are against a home team. All teams are on the road now and there is no advantage in most cases.

Some fans will never be pleased they just enjoy complaining about this or that instead of just being happy with the great season. Every school has them and they are so used to complaining about the bball team being bad but since we are having a great season, they have to find something about bball to complain or they will explode. I am one to admit wrong at the end of last season I was calling for a new HC and thought last year should have been his last chance but we held in there and now he's got us back to the tourney with a legit shot to make sweet 16. Think about this if we do make it to even the sweet 16 how many schools can say they made it to the playoffs in football, sweet 16 in basketball, and currently ranked top 15 in baseball all in the same year. Clemson bball has been a awesome surprise this year and so proud of this team to keep going even after losing our best player!! Let's go Tigers great turn around to where people predicted us to be in bball!!! Always goin to have those fans that complain tho even if we make elite 8 I'm sure someone will find something to complain about.

^^^^^ all said it better than I could ^^^^^

Mar 10, 2018, 9:02 AM

Nm

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2018, 9:10 AM

One of the best features of this site is the ability to ignore comments by users who constantly gripe and complain or post silly, immature comments. I highly recommend the use of that feature.

Mar 10, 2018, 9:15 AM

Lots of underdeveloped humans around here .

I'm not talking about Bob , or physical underdevelopment in any way .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Mar 10, 2018, 9:46 AM

Dumb post. You can be thrilled at the season AND pissed at each loss.

Mar 10, 2018, 9:51 AM

You sure can but it is idiotic to be. None of us want to lose but you can't win them all in college basketball. They Ls all hurt but to be pissed about it is childish.

i can’t explain it

Mar 10, 2018, 10:13 AM

But we have several ‘fans’ on tnet who get great enjoyment in saying “I told you so”. Apparently they have issues far beyond sports and this is their way of dealing with the failures in their lives. Sad that this happens to some guys and even more depressing when they use Clemson as their release. Let’s just try to understand this childish behavior from a selected few and continue to stay positive about everything Clemson. Go Tigers.

Mar 10, 2018, 10:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Some fans I just don't understand ]

It's not idiotic at all. Have you ever played a sport? That's the nature of competitive sports. You SHOULD be pissed at losses.

Mar 10, 2018, 10:29 AM

Being upset at loses is not the issue here. It’s being critical of every move the coach makes or every bad play that a player has.

I had a young player once who cried when he struck out in an important game. All the other kids on the team laughed at him for this display of failure and the youngster took it pretty hard. I got the kids together and told them that I had nine guys who cried when they lost that we wouldn’t lose any more games! We had an undefeated season and became a real team!

Re: Some fans I just don't understand***

Mar 10, 2018, 10:32 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Mar 10, 2018, 10:46 AM

War and sports have some similarities. We may lose some battles but winning the war is the main and only objective. We attempt to learn from the losses to win the war. If we continue to dwell on the losses and not on applying where and what we need to do to achieve victory, we are wasting our time and resources.

No true Tiger fan wants to see our team lose but it is extremely difficult to maintain a perfect record in a sport or in our personal lives. And when we lose, this board is full of posts expressing anger and every reason or person becomes an excuse for the loss. Often times when we lose, we can truthfully blame out loss on the fact our opponent was a better team.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^ Yep, so hope the Coot Teams realize they lost to better

Mar 10, 2018, 11:19 AM

Clemson Teams in Football, Basketball, Soccer & Baseball recently..

and just tell it like it is..congratulate us..and then try to get better in the upcoming competitions.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said. Exactly!*****

Mar 10, 2018, 12:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Some fans I just don't understand ]

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic