Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So I had a question about Maryland Terrapin football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

So I had a question about Maryland Terrapin football

Aug 9, 2017, 7:48 AM

I live in Maryland now and was wondering what Terp fans think now about their move to the Big 10. I wanted to go to a Terp football message board and ask a respectful question about that. I'm not looking to rub salt in a wound, but seriously want to know what they think about that decision in hindsight. The problem is the only thing you hear on a Terp message board is crickets. I looked at a couple of different boards and there were either no posts in 2017 or maybe a couple. Maybe that answers my question about what the fans think. All the football fans I know here are either Ravens or Redskins fans. I don't know anyone here who follows the Terps. For you older folks like me, you should remember a time when Clemson and Maryland were the two football powers in the ACC.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So I had a question about Maryland Terrapin football

Aug 9, 2017, 7:53 AM

No twerp fans here. I also used to live in Maryland. They didn't care much about football.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wahhhhhhh. Terrapin football?

Aug 9, 2017, 11:26 PM

Ask the Terps fans (if you can find them). So much I could type but I'll refrain.

But seriously this is a stupid question to post about a non-rival in a now lesser conference. Seriously.

Aug 9, 2017, 7:58 AM

Add Duke, Wake, and UNCheat to that list of schools who seldom discuss football. Apparently they love their BBall as much as the coots love their WBB.

Does the big 10 realize the twerps have a football team?***

Aug 9, 2017, 8:00 AM

I lament the demise of Terp football and of the old ACC.

Aug 9, 2017, 8:14 AM

The twerps were our Yankee rivals and they had some GREAT teams in the day. Bobby Ross had some great teams and even Friedgen had it going for a minute there.

But yes you are correct. Most all that matters around the Potomac is pro sports.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I lament the demise of Terp football and of the old ACC.

Aug 9, 2017, 8:29 AM

I'm 40+. I went from despising them to not even realizing the were there. Much like their fans.

Maryland plays football?

Aug 9, 2017, 8:32 AM

TIL

Snowflake Basher........Out

Aug 9, 2017, 8:36 AM

Believe it or not, went to a Tiger Terp game @ Byrd Stadium in the 1960's. We won.

Aug 9, 2017, 8:39 AM

I was there in 78 when we won our first ACC title in 11 years. Saw a great game

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Likewise... Even spoke with D.Clark about his catch years

Aug 9, 2017, 9:34 AM

later at the Masters...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Speaking entirely for myself...

Aug 9, 2017, 8:49 AM

Maryland fans were among the absolute worst in the league, especially their students, and I was glad when they left the ACC for the BIG.

The ACC is much better-off with Louisville.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I'm glad the Terps are gone

Aug 9, 2017, 9:09 AM

They were a blight on the ACC landscape. Win or lose, I never recall talking to a fan who enjoyed a trip to College Park for a game. Not sure Louisville will be much better over the long run, but for now they're a breath of fresh air compared to Maryland.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Id still rather have MD than Syracuse***

Aug 9, 2017, 12:27 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd prefer neither one ...***

Aug 9, 2017, 9:18 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2017, 9:32 AM

I have mixed feelings about it. Yea, they sucked at football terribly, by are pretty good in basketball and lacrosse. I really didn't mind at the time seeing them go, but now they we've got Louisville in their place......yes good on the court and a good football team, but still have trashy fans and that program is a problem for the league with off the field issues and will continue to be.

Additionally, Maryland was and is a huge recruiting hotbed that the B1G teams are locking down and benifiting from. In the end I'd probably trade back if given the opportunity.

dont forget their elite soccer program***

Aug 9, 2017, 11:58 AM

Who?

Aug 9, 2017, 11:09 AM

What?

I post on their 247 board occasionally, but most of

Aug 9, 2017, 11:16 AM

the actual Maryland sports talk is on the premium board behind a pay wall.

They seem to be happy in the Big Ten although they readily acknowledge that that they have almost no chance of winning a division that includes OSU, PSU, MSU, and Michigan.

Re: I post on their 247 board occasionally, but most of

Aug 9, 2017, 11:19 AM

>
> They seem to be happy in the Big Ten although they
> readily acknowledge that that they have almost no
> chance of winning a division that includes OSU, PSU,
> MSU, and Michigan.

Well, their chances of winning a division with Clemson and FSU would seem even less likely.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One of the best games I ever saw was CU-MD 1978...

Aug 9, 2017, 11:51 AM

a back and forth shootout...Bubba Brown made the final tackle behind the LOS and showed the MD bench his "I AM" towel...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maryland has a football team?

Aug 9, 2017, 12:25 PM

Haha

But seriously

My parents are from MD and moved to ATL right before I was a born. Most of my extended family went to UMD so I grew up a big Terps fan. Wasn't all that bad in the 90's and early 2000s...NCAA tournament championship, couple of final 4s, surprise ACC tournament championship in 04. Actually had a halfway decent football team some years too.

That being said, boy, am I glad I jumped ship when I did. Got into my dream school and never looked back. Never once considered going to school at UMD, but I quickly came to loathe them like the rest of the Clemson faithful before too long.

For the record, all my family who are Terps fans/alumni absolutely hated the move to the B1G. Feared it would cause a major disconnect with the fanbase and it looks like it has. Now they get to play Wisconsin, Iowa, Northwestern, and Minnesota instead of matchups with their traditional rivals UVA, Duke, and UNC.

Terrible, terrible decision on their part, but I couldn't care less! #### the turtles!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love the Terps! They wrote the ACC a $42M check

Aug 9, 2017, 6:52 PM

and took their crappy program to the North.

Ya'll remember when we beat them in a shootout with Boyd and they TRASHED their tailgating fields? I thought it was hilarious!

I know Louisville fans are POS but their program is good for the ACC. It's a lot easier to clean a program up than it is to make it go from terrible to good (ask the coots).

Aug 9, 2017, 10:41 PM

Crab cakes and football, that's what Maryland does

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic