Topic: It's funny how NOW is the time to bring the country together
Replies: 36   Last Post: Jan 21, 2021, 2:13 PM by: Catahoula®
[ General Boards - Politics & Religion ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 36  

It's funny how NOW is the time to bring the country together

[2]
Posted: Jan 21, 2021, 10:05 AM

Why couldn't we have come together 2 years ago or 6 months ago?

Why not 6 years ago?

Why is now a good time?

link

Because Orange man bad

[3]
Posted: Jan 21, 2021, 10:10 AM

I'm going to spend the next four years with the most big brain energy returning the favor the kind resident libs in here have spat over the last four years. Just faux outrage and temper tantrums. Forget unity. Not about that at all anymore.

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg link

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

We already have MiuraTiger, dude.***

Posted: Jan 21, 2021, 10:13 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg link

We all know hes not actually intelligent tho

Posted: Jan 21, 2021, 10:14 AM

And copy pastas Breitbart

But he was bad.

[1]
Posted: Jan 21, 2021, 10:16 AM

Dude just spent the last 4 years carving this country up like he was Sweeney Todd. "Unity" was Biden's platform and it worked, because people wanted to regain some sense of it.

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg link

Identity politics and unity are not the same thing

[4]
Posted: Jan 21, 2021, 10:16 AM

They're actually opposites.

Carving up the Country

[1]
Posted: Jan 21, 2021, 10:26 AM

was made possible by Liberal cities and the war on police. Not by Trump.

That was really weak. Try again

2021 orange level member link

Try what again?

Posted: Jan 21, 2021, 11:08 AM

I don't have any particular need to debate it. Trump was and remains a persistent source of division. Is that somehow a controversial point of view?

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg link

Re: Try what again?

Posted: Jan 21, 2021, 11:31 AM

"We are the ones we've been waiting for"

Barack Hussein Obama

badge-donor-05yr.jpg link

19B

Sweatergod, you did a magnificent job of keeping

emoji_events [6]
Posted: Jan 21, 2021, 10:17 AM

your undying worship of Trump really lowkey for the past 4 years. I really had no idea.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg link

Thats where you are mistaken

[2]
Posted: Jan 21, 2021, 10:36 AM

I am glad he's out of office. He was a good policy president from my standpoint, but not a good president and did more harm than good. I am glad I did not vote for him for a second term. But that doesn't mean I can't call out the ######## when I see it.

So...

Posted: Jan 21, 2021, 2:09 PM

You say you didn't like him and you're glad you didn't vote for him, but you're on here criticizing everyone else who also didn't like him and didn't vote for him?

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg link

Re: It's funny how NOW is the time to bring the country together

[1]
Posted: Jan 21, 2021, 10:13 AM

Because we have a leader now that wants to do it. We had a leader who wanted to divide. He is now gone. It's pretty straightforward.

2021 white level member link

I dunno, it was kind of hard.

Posted: Jan 21, 2021, 10:20 AM

You know, being called "libtard" or "enemy of America" any time anyone spoke out against Trump. Or the ugly, suspicious looks and questions by MAGA hat wearers if they weren't sure where we stood politically. Or all that civil war talk.

I am sure you life was so hard

[2]
Posted: Jan 21, 2021, 10:25 AM

when you used see a MAGA hat at Trader Joe’s while you buy your organic peanut butter.

Re: I am sure you life was so hard

Posted: Jan 21, 2021, 10:27 AM

weak

link

To be fair, a lot of that suspicion looks to be extremely

[2]
Posted: Jan 21, 2021, 10:28 AM

well founded. What with the doxxing, people losing their jobs, and now the ever increasing talk of purity tests and 'deprogramming'.

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg link

Re: To be fair, a lot of that suspicion looks to be extremely

[1]
Posted: Jan 21, 2021, 10:42 AM

We need to retire the word "doxxing". It's silly.

I'm talking about people like a fella I met at a baby shower back in June. All the dudes hanging out outside, having beers, bullshitting about football and poking fun at the women.

Absolutely no one:

MAGA dude, narrowing eyes and looking at a few people he doesn't know: "You ridin' with Biden?"

MAGA hat or not, that is stupid to say in company you barely

[1]
Posted: Jan 21, 2021, 10:56 AM

know

No politics and no religion

link

Yep.

Posted: Jan 21, 2021, 2:12 PM

It's like he (and I met many like him over four years) has to "out" you if you aren't on his "team".

Clearly he just wanted to show off his belt fed machine gun

[1]
Posted: Jan 21, 2021, 11:06 AM

but wasn't sure if everyone was cool.

But I know what you mean, and it does go both ways. I have a college friend that no longer speaks to me because he assumed I voted for Trump. I even got defriended!

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg link

Re: Clearly he just wanted to show off his belt fed machine gun

Posted: Jan 21, 2021, 2:11 PM

I have a college friend that no longer speaks to me because he assumed I voted for Trump. I even got defriended!

Which, I agree, is silly. I encountered a lot fewer people who wanted to prod strangers to see if they were enemies of Trump than I did Trumpers who just had to know where you stood before engaging in a discussion with you.

Re: It's funny how NOW is the time to bring the country together

Posted: Jan 21, 2021, 10:26 AM

It hardly seems reasonable to attack Biden for promoting unity. Every incoming President has addressed this issue.

Except one. Trump never seem to give a crap about unity. His entire administration was about solidifying the fear and hatred of his base - and attacking anyone and everyone who dared to question him.

Your guy was the divider-in-chief so y'all go ahead and fight against American unity - if that soothes your little childish nerves (just like Trump) The more that Reps fight against unity, the more reasonable Americans they will drive away from the party.

Real Americans want to be more unified (even when we disagree) and get on with the normal business of living our lives in some positive way. And I think the Biden administration will give them an avenue to do this.

But you reactionaries feel free to stew in your own negative juices for the next four years -
and help guarantee another four after that.

link

He promotes Unity in words only

[3]
Posted: Jan 21, 2021, 10:29 AM

Mostly, he's just kissing up to his left-leaning bases....

link

Lol your post pretty much speaks for itself

Posted: Jan 21, 2021, 10:41 AM

and is also why nobody on the right is taking Biden at face value for what he’s saying.

You and he talk about unity while simultaneously insulting and looking down on the other side. For the record, I don’t really have a huge problem with Biden as a person, other than the Hunter investigation and any ties to him. That investigation will just have to play out.

I also thought Biden did a pretty decent job in his inauguration speech yesterday. He just couldn’t help himself though and still had to slip some language in there about white supremacists something something.

Until he and his supporters quit mischaracterizing and looking down their noses at the vast majority of Trump voters, there won’t be any unity. That’s just a fact.

For there to be real unity in this country, there is going to have to be respect for the other side and acknowledgment that each has valid opinions and concerns. You can’t simply preach about unity and then proceed to ram a far left agenda down everyone’s throats by whatever means necessary.

A 50/50 spit, or 52/48 or whatever, in the country means that half the country doesn’t like your ideas period. Therefore, there has to be real negotiation and compromise on legislation. Anything short of that is just politics and lip service. If however Biden is able to actually do that, he could exceed most people’s low expectations and end up being one of the better Presidents. I’ll wait and see.

The fact that condemning white supremacy triggers

Posted: Jan 21, 2021, 10:43 AM

so many of you Trump folks is really what "speaks for itself".

in the night, nothing warms your lonely gums like a sweat soaked pillow

It's because it's not reality.

[1]
Posted: Jan 21, 2021, 10:58 AM

It's just a talking point for the democrats to try and gain votes and make people feel bad for being conservative.

Just because you're conservative does not mean that you hate black people, hispanics, and women.

Just because you're a democrat does not mean that you aren't a Christian.

These are weird associations that is meant to split and divide.

link

Re: The fact that condemning white supremacy triggers

Posted: Jan 21, 2021, 11:17 AM

How about I just start calling you a pedro who loves the kiddies? I know there’s no basis for it but I just feel like it. If you get triggered by it, I’ll know it’s obviously true.

Well it couldn’t happen anytime over the past 4 years.

Posted: Jan 21, 2021, 10:32 AM

Trump did not want unity, he WANTED divisiveness. Could it/should it have happened before him? Yes. But it didn’t, and it wasn’t going to happen while he was president. Our current president actively desires unity, so now we actually have a chance at it. We will see through his actions, and the actions on both sides, if the work is being done to make that happen.

link

Re: Well it couldn’t happen anytime over the past 4 years.

Posted: Jan 21, 2021, 10:50 AM

Why do you say Trump WANTED divisiveness? Because he responded to the Left’s continuous attacks on him from before he even took office?

Trump said repeatedly he was for an America for everyone. He repeatedly talked about low unemployment for all races and equal opportunity and prison reform. As far as immigration, ALL he did was enforce existing laws on the books. He tried to give Dreamers their best deal ever offered and proposed comprehensive immigration reform.

So I get that he responded to nastiness with nastiness and sometimes went too far. However, please tell me how he was divisive, a racist, a white supremacist, a Nazi, and all the other things he was called. Spoiler alert...the Left has said the same stuff about almost every Republican President. Remember Bush hates black people after Katrina?

I’d say if anything, the Left has mastered the art of using the race card and other protected groups as a shield for any legitimate criticism of their policies and agenda.

The entire time Trump was in office, the democrats were

Posted: Jan 21, 2021, 11:01 AM

trying to impeach him. They were not trying at all to unify. Just attack, attack, attack.

Now the guy is gone, and they are still trying to impeach him while he's not in office.

link

spoiler alert

Posted: Jan 21, 2021, 11:03 AM

it won't happen
not because of Biden personally, but because Washington

It's a pipe dream for any of us to ever think it will change in a single president's time in office

For example, all of the immediate executive orders yesterday. Like it or hate it, I don't care, but he came into office and immediately shut down some things that Trump did or started in one day

Back to square one on some hot topics

Pubs will try and push something through and Dems will shut it down. Dems will try for something and the Pubs will shut it down. Eventually there is a compromise that's not really anything of substance

rinse and repeat

link

I don't want unity with anyone who ever vehemently

Posted: Jan 21, 2021, 10:33 AM

supported Trump. Family included.

I'm on record here.

I think it's hilarious how Trumpers now want unity after being retards for the past 4 years.

in the night, nothing warms your lonely gums like a sweat soaked pillow

well, that's definitely a step in the right direction***

Posted: Jan 21, 2021, 11:04 AM

link

Re: I don't want unity with anyone who ever vehemently

Posted: Jan 21, 2021, 11:13 AM

So you’re just dismissing 74 million people in the country? At least you’re being honest and not preaching bs unity out the side of your mouth. If that’s the way Dems really feel then let’s quit wasting time and get this on. I’m good either way.

I don't think all Trumpers want unity.

Posted: Jan 21, 2021, 1:12 PM

I would have guessed that most don't want unity.... but for sure it's a decent split.

Re: I don't want unity with anyone who ever vehemently

Posted: Jan 21, 2021, 2:13 PM

I can't agree with that because I still love and care for those people.

Now if they were Capitol raiders/white supremacists/neo Nazis? Yeah. Bye.

Replies: 36  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 2 lower level season tickets in the North stands, section Q, row Z, $1000 each.

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ General Boards - Politics & Religion ]
Start New Topic
586 people have read this post