Topic: Significance of Today
Replies: 6   Last Post: Nov 30, 2019 12:11 PM by: BengalBilly
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 6  

Significance of Today

[16]
Posted: Nov 30, 2019 11:44 AM

Today's game has a special meaning for me. Exactly 8 years ago today, my Pa Pa lost his battle with cancer. He was a lifelong Tiger fan. Before he passed away, I went to see him in hospice for the last time; when I asked him about Clemson, he mustered up the strength to say this:
"Clemson's just getting started. I know I won't see them win a national championship, but from what I saw this year, they're just getting started."

I reflect back on that moment with tears as I think about how prophetic his words were. Since that day, our Tigers have won 5 ACC titles (with another on the way!), the Orange, Cotton, Fiesta, & Peach bowls, 2 nattys, &, most importantly, ended that little 5 year run the coots had.

6 straight over the coots happens today...I know my Pa Pa is happy watching from the best seat ever!

Go Tigers!!

Re: Significance of Today

[2]
Posted: Nov 30, 2019 11:47 AM

Prophetic words...what a GRRREAT memory for you to have!

GO TIGERS!!!

[1]
Posted: Nov 30, 2019 11:54 AM

True story, I was visiting a Tigers practice with the Call Me MISTER program shortly before the 2016-17 natty & got to recall this memory in a conversation with Renfrow. Crazy, right?!

Posted: Nov 30, 2019 11:57 AM

I’m smiling! :)

[1]
Posted: Nov 30, 2019 11:47 AM

Great memories for you to cherish! Thanks for sharing.

Posted: Nov 30, 2019 11:57 AM

That is what Clemson-South Carolina should be about. Great story, thank you for sharing.

I hope he's gonna be smilin' BIG today.***

Posted: Nov 30, 2019 12:11 PM

Replies: 6  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: Looking to sell your tickets? Contact me, will pay IPTAY + ticket cost or more if you have premium s...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
558 people have read this post