Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Serious Question: Will USCe Ever win the SEC?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

Serious Question: Will USCe Ever win the SEC?

Jun 10, 2013, 9:30 AM

The "Golden Years" have netted 1 SEC Championship Appearance where Auburn dropped 66 points on them in which most believe was USC's best season ever. The SEC East is looking up with UGA and UF on the rise again, not to mention the fact that if the SECCG ever presents itself again, you have to deal with the winner of the West, who have won the last 4 championships.

We all know what goes around comes around in the SEC (See Tennessee and Auburn's recent fall from the top). Just asking if you the window will shut on an SEC Championship & BCS Bowl Appearance if they dont get one this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

No.***

Jun 10, 2013, 9:31 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

###### No!******

Jun 10, 2013, 9:38 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: No.***

Jun 10, 2013, 10:16 AM [ in reply to No.*** ]

I second that! And I am looking 100 years out. :)

Serious Answer: Yes, as soon as they are throwing

Jun 10, 2013, 9:32 AM

snowballs in he!l

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Probably. Oh wait, did you mean in our lifetime?***

Jun 10, 2013, 9:33 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Serious Question: Will USCe Ever win the SEC?

Jun 10, 2013, 9:34 AM

According to Lee Corso back when Spurrier first took the job, Corso stated "Spurrier will NEVER win the SEC at SC" and I tend to agree with him, not gonna happen!!!!

Jun 10, 2013, 9:37 AM

I can't see a team from the East winning anytime soon. The West is so strong. (I think Mizzou is east and ATM is west, right?)

Nope....better stick with beating Clemson located West. Ha!

Jun 10, 2013, 9:40 AM

gOtiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 10, 2013, 9:56 AM

If they change the rules for Spurrier, then they might. He only wants games in their division to count - knowing that the East sucks it. So - I guess Spurrier is in the correct division.

Jun 10, 2013, 9:59 AM

Please explain to me how UGA has been "down" the past three years we've beaten them?

To use a Clemson term: they were five yards away from playing for the MNC last year.

To answer the OP question: yes, eventually. This year seems to be the best shot given the talent returning and the schedule.

Said like a barnyard pimp

Jun 10, 2013, 10:57 AM

Spoken with his hand on his ######, not from the heart.
-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

UGA's conference schedule has been a joke for 2 years

Jun 10, 2013, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Serious Question: Will USCe Ever win the SEC? ]

The only reason they were in the SECCG was because they didn't play a team worth a crap from the west. Florida gave them that game with a ton of turnovers. They were a solid team and "down" might not be the best term. But give them either Alabama, LSU, Ark, TAMU rather than Ole Miss and Auburn and thats another 2 losses.

If you want to go with "5 yards from the MNC" then we need to also throw in that they were a lucky blocked FG from being blown out.

And really, if UGA won that game, chances are Oregon was going to the BCS championship game. The voters would have manipulated that. You can't lose a game by 35 and still get a shot at a BCS championship when the the other team lost in OT to a top 10.

Re: UGA's conference schedule has been a joke for 2 years

Jun 11, 2013, 3:06 PM

ahhh....no. UGA was headed to the Championship game had we beaten Bama. Cry me a river about our schedule....have you looked at Clemson's 2012 schedule?

Ga sucked til last year***

Jun 11, 2013, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Serious Question: Will USCe Ever win the SEC? ]

Not only are UGa and UFla on the rise, but UTenn is

Jun 10, 2013, 10:02 AM

starting recruit again too. The days of hearing chickentech's name being mentioned as a "contender" for the SEC East and the SEC Championship game are rapidly drawing to a conclusion probably for another long period of time.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think this year is their best shot

Jun 10, 2013, 11:42 AM

But I don't think they will make it ..
Their recruiting this year is tailing off from previous years and their coach ain't getting any younger and it may just start to affect recruiting of it already has not ..

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Jun 10, 2013, 10:02 AM

I tend to agree that this is USCe's best chance at winning the SEC.
I suspect after this season that the Ole Ball Coach will soon be heading for the sidelines.

Jun 10, 2013, 10:03 AM

No. They don't recruit at the level necessary to win the SEC. I'll give credit where credit is due with the coaching. Spurrier has found a way to get the most out of his players the past few years, but that can only take you so far.

They routinely recruit behind Bama, LSU, UGA, FL, A&M, and Auburn. Recruiting at 7th best in the SEC won't net you a title.

RaginRanger is correct

Jun 10, 2013, 3:08 PM

How can you expect to win a conference when you consistently have a recruiting class ranked in the lower half of the conference?

And really, given recent history, asking if SCAR can win the SEC is the same as asking if they will win the NC.

I think aTm will win it first, but I don't see why not.***

Jun 10, 2013, 10:04 AM

Re: Serious Reply

Jun 10, 2013, 10:56 AM

No!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure, it will probably happen about three years

Jun 10, 2013, 10:57 AM

after Barry Soetoro tells the truth about something.

Probably not

Jun 10, 2013, 11:11 AM

You're essentially asking if South Carolina is capable of winning a national championship.

I just don't know if we have the resources to overcome the programs ahead of us with more resources.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

That's not a serious question.***

Jun 10, 2013, 11:50 AM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

nope they've peaked and have nothing to show for it except

Jun 10, 2013, 12:01 PM

5th place rings

Jun 10, 2013, 1:51 PM

Yes, shortly after hell freezes over.

What's the saying, O yea, When Pigs Fly***

Jun 10, 2013, 5:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 10, 2013, 6:56 PM

You can never say never, but if the Gamecocks don't quit finishing middle of the pack in recruiting in the conference, they will continue to finish middle of the pack in the SEC.

Who cares? My only concern is winning the ACC

Jun 10, 2013, 7:05 PM

Again this year.

You misspelled BCS

Jun 11, 2013, 12:29 PM

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Simple answer...

Jun 10, 2013, 7:21 PM

No. However, they have a good shot at winning the east this year. I could see them doing what Georgia did the last two years with this schedule. They could lose to UGA in Athens then run the table in the conference. UGA I think, plays at LSU, Florida is a toss up, could stumble somewhere else. If S. Carolina wins the east, I highly doubt they beat Bama or A&M from the west. Florida is slowly becoming Florida again and I believe the Vols have a top 5 class right now. If Georgia, Florida and Tennessee can get back to all being very good each year then the Gamecocks have no chance. Spurrier is there maybe 3 more years and then I see them falling back down to a 7-8 win team each year.

Yep***

Jun 11, 2013, 7:23 AM

Best Is The Standard

I've said it before

Jun 11, 2013, 10:38 AM

their window is gone. UGA and UF are much better now than 2010, and outside of Clowney they are worse now than they were then IMO

If SCAR couldn't win it lately as down as the SEC has been

Jun 11, 2013, 10:40 AM

then their ship has sailed...and sank. Sorry but fact.

Jun 11, 2013, 12:06 PM

1. Who says the "golden years" are over. 2013 is our highest ever preseason ranking

2. Auburn had 52 points

3. No one says 2010 was our best ever. Sure they won the East, but the 2011 and 2012 were much better teams.

Who ever thught they'd beat 4 times in a row?

Jun 11, 2013, 12:54 PM

I believe the Ole Ball Sack's time is nearing the end. So I don't believe it will ever be with OBS.

Jun 11, 2013, 4:20 PM

I'm sorry, must have misread the question. Did you seriously just ask if Dirtpecker Technical school of future Lexington County Correctional facility inmates would ever win the SE...

ummm whut???

Once that senile, visor throwing, no class, ball sack of a coach leaves, they will fall back into the SEC basement looking up at real teams like they are accustomed..

Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2013, 4:38 PM

OBC has caused many of you to go insane. Don't get wound up so tight he want last forever but he laid a new foundation in Columbia!

Jun 11, 2013, 4:38 PM

Serious answer. NO!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic