Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Saban has absolutly lost the Alabama factor
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Saban has absolutly lost the Alabama factor

Feb 8, 2019, 5:50 PM

It used to be Alabama just showed up and outmanned you and beat you up. They got away with targeting and borderline dirty play because of their intimidation factor on both the teams and the refs

But now there’s a new Sheriff in town and we ain’t skeert

Not only can we match up with bama but we can manhandle them at the line of scrimmage and at the skill positions

So yeah, you didn’t have the Alabama factor, and you won’t find it playing Clemson

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Saban has absolutly lost the Alabama factor

Feb 8, 2019, 8:11 PM

Or did Alabama lose the Saban Factor ?
The Dabo Effect may be to blame .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

If anyone thinks ESPiN won't have Bama ranked #1 and...

Feb 8, 2019, 8:36 PM

be asking if this is the GOAT again before fall camp they just aren't keeping up. ESPiN build the Bama Factor and they aren't about to allow their cash cow to die.

We'll have to murder it in front of everyone in the world before ESPiN will admit it's dead. Killing Bama 2 of 3 isn't enough. Three in a row might do it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bama Won't Make The Playoffs Next Year!

Feb 8, 2019, 8:54 PM

If Saban, "the Saban that didn't chew on backsides" because he wants to "relate better" is still at it; they won't make the playoffs!
I can't see Auburn having consecutive mediocre years! I think Malzahn takes how Clemson has approached Bamer and beats them with it.

Nicki knows - Dabo having continuity on his staff kicks his turn-style door coaching carrousel. He knows the family atmosphere is more preferred and "it works"! He can't fake it; b/c that is not who he is. He will go back to Aztec chewing on the sidelines and getting after it and folks will start to steer away from "OLD NICK"! Because, though Coach Swinney will chew on you too, it don't take all that! At times, it does, especially with certain kids! But, many of the kids that went through when interviewed aren't talking about all the values and life long lessons he taught them(I don't pretend to have seen them all; all the ones I have seen they seem more interested in talking about themselves).

He got recruits to come there b/c he could get them to the league!

He would make them NFL ready! Bamer is not the only place that can do that. Saban isn't the only coach. Clemson pounding bamer will resonate for far longer than just this year and next. Some kid that's in middle school who is going to be a 5 star player; isn't going to want to play for old grumpy and get embarrassed on national TV. They will want to come where they can get a great education, get prepared for the NFL, and have an awesome college experience!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2019, 11:04 PM

CUJohn said:

It used to be Alabama just showed up and outmanned you and beat you up. They got away with targeting and borderline dirty play because of their intimidation factor on both the teams and the refs

But now there’s a new Sheriff in town and we ain’t skeert

Not only can we match up with bama but we can manhandle them at the line of scrimmage and at the skill positions

So yeah, you didn’t have the Alabama factor, and you won’t find it playing Clemson

I don't know if you're doing this intentionally or by accident, but you're undermining how good this Clemson team was this year. The more you tear down Bama, the more you blemish the importance of Clemson's win.

I'm a Bama grad and fan, and I saw a very good Bama team simply outplayed by Clemson. It happens. You guys had an incredible team in 2018 and on the night of the national championship game, you played an awesome game that may have made it look like Saban has lost the "Alabama factor" when in reality, we'd been kicking the s**t out of teams all season using the very same "Alabama factor" that you're suggesting we didn't have.

I'd suggest you take a moment and just congratulate your coaches and players for putting an awesome team on the field. It feels so much better to be the best by beating the best as opposed to finish #1 by beating a weak team which 2018 Bama most certainly was not.

Saban and his players should heed your advice...

Feb 9, 2019, 7:10 AM

QUIT with ALL of the EXCUSES !!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

don't drink the Kool Aid. Bama was just not that good.

Feb 9, 2019, 7:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Saban has absolutly lost the Alabama factor ]

Every team with an offensive pulse gave them trouble - A&M, Georgia, Oklahoma, Clemson.

If Lincoln Riley hadn't had a complete young coach's brain fart and given Bama the ball first, Oklahoma might have taken Bama out in the semis. If Kirby "Smart" hadn't had a complete panicky brain fart, Bama might have lost to Georgia and (maybe) not even made the playoffs. Sadly, Bama has a weak 2019 schedule and could possibly get back to the CFP with one loss, like they did in the 2017 season. But any of the teams mentioned above could beat Bama as bad as Clemson did on 1.7.19.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, they couldn't...

Feb 9, 2019, 8:27 AM

But Clemson did.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If that’s what you got from my post it was by accident

Feb 9, 2019, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Saban has absolutly lost the Alabama factor ]

While slightly Tongue in cheek my intention was not to slight Clemson’s greatness but to point out Nick Saban’s ridiculous comments and excuses

I actually agree with you that it gives more credence to Clemson’s title because we beat supposedly the greatest team of all time.

I won’t value the titles less and I don’t need validation from Nick Saban or the butt hurt players on the team I’m just taking a jab at the continued ridiculous comments

I also don’t take offense at your comment as you seem like a reasonable fellow.

I think if you took a poll you would find that 99% of Clemson fans are glad we got to win the titles by beating Alabama. If not people would’ve just said we lucked out. Like, I don’t know, for instance, if a women’s basketball team won the title because somebody else beat Connecticut

Feb 9, 2019, 12:36 PM

They brought Bullyball to OU but I did not see as much of the bounty mentality against us this year. Guess that is where the missed Miller. ??

But yeah, Saban did not have those types on D at every level this go around. They knew all "them dudes" on the other side came back for year 4, you know?

Also, Saban was being called out for not screaming at his guys this go around, instead he was noted as coaching them up, because they were not making mistakes, they were not prepared. This was on the SEC Network broadcast (Thinking Out Loud), by former Bama QB Greg McElroy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Their goal was to knock our QB out, but they couldn't

Feb 9, 2019, 12:38 PM

ever get to him

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic