Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Run in with a Coot Fan in Columbus, OH
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Run in with a Coot Fan in Columbus, OH

Jun 2, 2014, 10:05 AM

I graduated from CU in 2002 and moved up to Columbus, OH 7 years ago. I've always displayed my Tiger Pride and have to admit it has been even more satisfying since we beat OSU in the Orange Bowl. Buckeye fans usually aren't too bad, despite their bad reputation. I had a few Clemsux comments made prior to the bowl game, but none since then :)

So my fiance and I were out Saturday night at a bar and I started talking to a random guy who mentioned South Carolina. I told him I was from SC and went to Clemson. The conversation had been friendly to this point and his face hardened and threw up a five in my face. I chuckled, "So you're obviously a USC fan?" He said, "That's right, five in a row! We own you!" Taking the high road, I congratulated him and told him there was no doubt they had been the better team the last 5 meetings and that Spurrier was having levels of success never achieved there before. "We'll see you at Death Valley in November." He calmed down a bit and we continued to talk for a few more minutes about the upcoming season, the Orange Bowl win for us, etc. My fiance walked up as our cab was ready and as I was walking away, he said, "%^$# Dabo Swinney and the Clemson Tigers, that classless piece of $(#@." I calmly turned and looked at him and said, "I think you just showed who the classless piece of #$%^ is."

I'm glad I handled the situation the way I did, because I would have loved to punch this guy between the eyes, but what would it have accomplished? I remembered an old quote that rang true in this situation: You'll never win an argument with an idiot, because you have to stoop to their level of thinking, and they have way more experience there than you do.

Let's handle business in the Valley this year and end this madness. Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They really are a bunch of dwerps.

Jun 2, 2014, 10:10 AM

Dabo is in his head to be cussing our coach like he did. Too funny.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn't go so far as to say....

Jun 2, 2014, 10:11 AM

"there was no doubt they had been the better team the last five meetings". They didn;'t although they definitely played better and made fewer costly mistakes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Yep..gotta handle biz in DV this yr and end this madness!***

Jun 2, 2014, 10:21 AM

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, we were the better team twice

Jun 2, 2014, 10:23 AM [ in reply to I wouldn't go so far as to say.... ]

Shame we couldnt capitalize. They have improved from their pitiful overall history though.

LOL***

Jun 2, 2014, 10:32 AM

Re: LOL***

Jun 2, 2014, 10:35 AM

LOL @ BEING ON AN a RIVAL'S MESSAGE BOARD EVERY DAY.

JOKE'S ON US, I GUESS!!!

How do you manage to type with your head up your a$$?***

Jun 2, 2014, 10:47 AM [ in reply to LOL*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: How do you manage to type with your head up your a$$?***

Jun 2, 2014, 10:50 AM

Now that gets a LOL!

Re: I wouldn't go so far as to say....

Jun 2, 2014, 10:58 AM [ in reply to I wouldn't go so far as to say.... ]

what constitutes better team in your opinion?

I know this isn't a popular opinion the last

Jun 2, 2014, 10:58 AM [ in reply to I wouldn't go so far as to say.... ]

5 years, but I always say the better team wins the game 100% OF the time.

You get 1 game to prove who is the better team. What you did on paper , rankings , the games before, Or the games after do not mean a thing.

If you lose, You lose and you are not the better team. Scoreboards are not prejudice.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Run in with a Coot Fan in Columbus, OH

Jun 2, 2014, 10:29 AM

Well done!
I would like to think I would have handled as well - but I doubt it.
Winning the games - sure - ok. But classless - NEVER. Then - compare that to Slurrier, Garcia, the arrests, coach peeing on the streets, etc etc. There is the rebuttal.
Football is a game played by 18-23 year olds.
Class lasts your entire lifetime.
Would love to win both at all times, but if you can't - it is best to win the class battle - every time.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm surprised morenc or classof09 hasn't jumped in this

Jun 2, 2014, 10:53 AM

yet defending that coot or questioning that this incident really happened. Only thing I can think of is that the drive thru lanes must be really busy this morning

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Betcha he wasn't drinkin' Coca-Colas.***

Jun 2, 2014, 10:57 AM

Well if he was there was probably something else in it***

Jun 2, 2014, 10:59 AM

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Maybe you should think about the bars you frequent

Jun 2, 2014, 11:01 AM

Places I usually take my wife are devoid of Gamecock fans, I can assure, unless they are washing the dishes.

See my comment below

Jun 2, 2014, 12:19 PM

I work with a guy from Michigan that came down here. His family started rooting for the chickens until I pointed out all of the crackheads in the ED and started pointing out all the hoopties and redneck mobiles with chicken stickers on them. I know there are some Clemson fans out there that are not very productive to society as well, but the chickens have the monopoly on methed out, white/black/brown trash.

I also took him and his family to a Clemson game and they are now all Tigers.

Edit: I will say that those that graduated from there are decent people, but when you compare the fan that did not graduate from the respective school, well then it is vastly different. The average non-graduate Clemson fan has WAY more teeth than the non-graduate chicken fan. When your mascot is one that represents an illegal, cruel bloodsport, then you get that kind of trash following you.

Message was edited by: LKN Tiger®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: See my comment below

Jun 2, 2014, 12:51 PM

Yep...it's no coincidence that the Dollar General in Inman, SC only has a Lamecock apparel section!!! :)

Re: put well into perspective LKN Tiger!!! +1

Jun 2, 2014, 2:40 PM [ in reply to See my comment below ]

you make some great comparisons & great job of not letting the new SC "immigrants" fall to the darkside & get involved in cootdom! :)

which reminds me of a quote i heard one time "it's better to

Jun 2, 2014, 11:55 AM

keep shut up and be thought of as a fool than to speak up and remove all doubt!"

Re: which reminds me of a quote i heard one time "it's better to

Jun 2, 2014, 12:01 PM

not speak or keep shut up?

Speaking of coot class

Jun 2, 2014, 12:13 PM

I am in the medical field in Charlotte and have patients of all kinds. Obviously, we get the crack/meth heads that come in for various reasons. A while back I started pointing out all the ones that came in with gamecock apparel or tattoos and since then everyone around has realized what I have for years. Not all gamecock fans are meth heads, but all meth heads (from SC and surrounding areas anyway) are gamecock fans.

I had one the other day all methed out with a big ole chicken tattoo on his chest and just thought to myself how fitting that was.

Re: Run in with a Coot Fan in Columbus, OH

Jun 2, 2014, 12:49 PM

was at a festival Memorial Day weekend...
talking with a bud about Watson (dude must have overheard)

middle age guy comes up says "hi, mind if we borrow some of your shade" -we had a canopy-...we said "not at all"

then we get "so are you guys from South Carolina" -we had Clemson chairs-

told him where we were from and then we get the "I'm a fan of the "other team."

so I says "oh...so that's why you felt a need to start a conversation..."

not another word...heard us talking about Watson and couldn't stand it...lol...they can't not open their beaks

and to think all those years I was such a gracious winner...rethinking that

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We could have been very obnoxious all those years when we

Jun 2, 2014, 1:27 PM

seldom lost to them. We chose not to.

Re: graciousness doesn't work & never will with ShameClucks!

Jun 2, 2014, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Run in with a Coot Fan in Columbus, OH ]

they don't understand humility & "being the bigger man" or anything honorable...

but they do get a swift kick-in-the-nuts however, & then that also brings their egos back down to their true child-like newborn size! :)

Typical fan.......

Jun 2, 2014, 2:27 PM
class.jpg(357.4 K)

Kudos to you for being the bigger man!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Typical fan.......still LMAO to their sorry fans...smh

Jun 2, 2014, 2:49 PM

there's no denying it when you're a cocklover...just come on out & display it for all the world to know...classy! lol

Go Tigers! Be better, be bigger, be classier :)

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic