Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Disrespect by Gamecock Players?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Disrespect by Gamecock Players?

Mar 2, 2014, 8:27 PM

I see in the photo on the front page of TigerNet the Gamecock players walking in a straight line across the pitchers mound.

Isn't it an unwritten rule in baseball that nobody goes on a pitchers mound except a pitcher?

I remember hearing something about that a couple of years ago in a MLB game when somebody did that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Appears that they own it.***

Mar 2, 2014, 8:33 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never heard that one

Mar 2, 2014, 8:39 PM

and considering there are tons of pictures out there of teams in dogpiles near and on the pitcher's mound- sounds doubtful.

Sadly, I don't think many in their

Mar 2, 2014, 8:40 PM

Athletic Dept have respect for us. Look at their football players' tweets, Swearinger yelling at Dabo, Spurrier's digs at us, etc. It's gone from rivalry to a lack of respect. I think it starts with Spurrier and has spread all over their campus. And, their fans really only care about football and baseball, and that's what they have been beating us in. So, unless we get wins vs then in that, they're going to continue this

The unwritten rule is during the game or between innings******

Mar 2, 2014, 8:42 PM

Respect is earned

Mar 2, 2014, 8:52 PM [ in reply to Sadly, I don't think many in their ]

As long as we lose in the only relative sports we can forget that.
Even In losing I have no respect for a Coot.
Our bigger problem is the CU admin is showing us no respect bringing in new blood
Jack is washed up and Dabo is All In over his head
Time to start kicking some #%%

Dabo won the Orange Bowl...he's not in over his head

Mar 3, 2014, 8:08 AM

That doesn't excuse the USC losses but I don't get how you claim a BCS winning coach doesn't know what he is doing.

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sadly, I don't think many in their

Mar 2, 2014, 8:54 PM [ in reply to Sadly, I don't think many in their ]

this started before slurrier......the hat flipping in omaha in 2002 and the way they "played" us into making us look bad with the fight in 2004......with us kneeling down and declining a bowl that we deserved......they master the art of dirty play and we dont know how to respond........makes us look and feel weak.

Yes indeed, RESPECT is earned***

Mar 2, 2014, 10:46 PM [ in reply to Sadly, I don't think many in their ]

nm

Mar 2, 2014, 10:55 PM [ in reply to Sadly, I don't think many in their ]

Yes. Because y'all were SO respectful when y'all were winning...

Mar 3, 2014, 10:06 AM

In regards to baseball, virtually no one on either side of this rivalry gave two sh*ts about baseball until AFTER you won the CWS in 2010. Then suddenly every cooter on the planet would swear up and down that they've been going to baseball games since they were bouncing on their daddy's knee. And Clemson fans have simply gone full ###### caring about the sport solely because you guys happened to get good at it. And, I was in Omaha in 2010 - which I only point out because I think It gives me a pretty perspective on what it has been like before/after. The games and the fans were far more cordial when we were the ones winning - but every game wasn't on tv/Internet and virtually no one talked about baseball on the message boards. I was at the game Friday night and the Gamecock fan in front of me and beside me were rude as hell. I've never been to a baseball game where I didn't make small talk with my neighbors no matter who we were pulling for.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Baseball is like Basketball

Mar 3, 2014, 10:58 AM

When either Clemson, or USC, is winning everyone jumps on the bandwagon. Have a bit of a down season and you suddenly see empty seats, and the talk on radio turns to spring practice. It is all about football at the end of the day. That is the only sport that doesn't seem to slide in importance when things don't go well. Just let CU struggle within the league. By the end of the year, it will be written off as being young, Jack has lost touch, or any other reason, all will move on to football on a very quick manner.

Re: Baseball is like Basketball

Mar 3, 2014, 11:20 AM

Clemson had won plenty prior to 2010 and I never saw any significant change in attention to baseball. I started going to Clemson baseball games in the mid 90s. As for the post I was originally responding to, I think baseball fans were friendlier then because they just appreciated having other baseball fans around and to talk to. Now every mouth breathing idiot goes to the Carolina baseball games and make it miserable.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Disrespect by Gamecock Players?

Mar 2, 2014, 8:42 PM

They knew that, and they done that to show that they had no respect for our program. They did that only to express that they came into our yard, took over and ruled our field. And it was clearly meant to be disrespectful.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 2, 2014, 8:56 PM

Really? You have no clue. But that's ok, Schmidt ran his mouth and it came back to bite him the same way your starter did Saturday after the 2nd freaking inning.

64-17 can't come fast enough.....***

Mar 2, 2014, 8:50 PM

Our grandchildren will never see 64-17 again***

Mar 2, 2014, 10:47 PM

nm

You mean 63-17.***

Mar 3, 2014, 1:47 AM

Re: 64-17 can't come fast enough.....***

Mar 3, 2014, 9:46 AM [ in reply to 64-17 can't come fast enough.....*** ]

We have only scored 71 points on them in the last 5 years. I guess you are talking about the 63-17 win.

Mar 2, 2014, 8:51 PM

Well, the way Scmidt was taunting them after those K's in the 7th & 8th I wouldn't be surprised. They're classless. That said, I wish Schmidt would've waited until he finished shutting them down in the 9th to talk.

Tanner English said " after Clay was talking all that crap in 7 & 8, we wanted him to be in there in the 9th."

Just saying' . We'll gain their respect soon enough. LeCroy is getting as good or better players & we're young.

We are also out recruiting them in Football

Mar 2, 2014, 9:04 PM

So your guy is taunting and the Gamecock players are classless, now that is a classic!!!

I hate way Schmidt was acting but it goes all the way back

Mar 2, 2014, 10:22 PM

to Kip Bouknight with you guys. Price did the same

Mar 2, 2014, 10:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Disrespect by Gamecock Players? ]

Seems like y'all are young every year.

Mar 3, 2014, 1:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Disrespect by Gamecock Players? ]

NO.
NO.

Mar 2, 2014, 9:03 PM

It's fine after a game is over - just a no no during an inning, like if you cross over the mound on your way back to the dugout from 1B. Post game handshakes are almost always done at midfield because they usually start at the pitcher's mound, since 99% of victories end with your guy on the mound.

After the game, it's fine***

Mar 2, 2014, 10:19 PM

Mar 3, 2014, 7:42 AM

> I see in the photo on the front page of TigerNet the
> Gamecock players walking in a straight line across
> the pitchers mound.
>
> Isn't it an unwritten rule in baseball that nobody
> goes on a pitchers mound except a pitcher?
>
> I remember hearing something about that a couple of
> years ago in a MLB game when somebody did that.

First, there is no such rule, unspoken or otherwise. Second, why should they have respect for their hated rival. I don't see much respect around here. Most fans on this board attribute SCAR's success on the diamond (and on the football field for that matter) to a million excuses that fall far short of "they are the better team." There is not much respect in this rivalry; you don't give it, you don't receive it. Simple as that!

A Rod did it but the game was still going on. This game

Mar 3, 2014, 9:54 AM

was over so I don't think it mattered.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic