Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruiting David Hood
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Recruiting David Hood

Dec 23, 2016, 11:35 PM

In regards to the 2017 & 2018 classes with Richardson decommiting (regardless of why) do you think he re-commits? If not do we have a shot at D'Andre Swift? If we miss on both we take Zamir White & Devon Lawrence (Little Dexy) in 2018? I'm also not expecting any transfers right now. Choice & Dye both have injuries that I'm assuming are more mental issues now than physical. What are the chances Artavis Scott returns? I know this is a loaded post, my apologies.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruiting David Hood

Dec 23, 2016, 11:48 PM

I think if he has grades issues, which seem to be the case, he will not recommit. As for Swift, he has expressed a desire to come for a visit so that would seem to indicate he still has interest and would be a definite take. Both White and Lawrence are takes to me, but would look to only get one. As for Artavis, I would put his chances at returning as very very slim. He has expressed a desire to take care of his mother and get her out of the work force and I think that is his main priority

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2016, 11:53 PM

Yeah I agree with Artavis although I think he would benefit (albeit slightly) to come back another year. But I'm biased with Tay, he is may favorite player on the team along with Wilkins. I get him wanting to take of his mother and support him fully I just think out of the early departures we could have he is the one that should come back. If we could get Swift to flip to us...is he worth losing out on White or Lawrence next year? Haven't watched much film on him since he has been leaving heavy towards UGA then committed to them and from what I heard was a hard commit.

Dec 24, 2016, 7:36 AM

White is the kind of back that only comes around once every 5-10 years, if that. He's a way bigger priority than Swift.

Dec 24, 2016, 8:40 AM

Don't think a player like White would care if Swift committed. Those types trust their ability and know they will play regardless. I think we need another talented back in this class. Losing Gallman is a big hit we need a difference maker at the RB position. In regards to Swift GA has both of their top backs coming back. That might might be troubling for Swift.

Dec 24, 2016, 8:59 AM

I find it interesting how some people seem to already be writing off Feaster, like we don't already HAVE a difference maker....he's spent the last year having to get back comfortable with how he runs and takes hits after a surgery, I'm quite sure with an off-season, you will see quite an improvement from year to year.

agreed this is his year to shine and get the

Dec 24, 2016, 9:05 AM

Spotlight then his third year to be ridiculous and likely go pro.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But to be fair I thjnk cr is a bit different type of

Dec 24, 2016, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Recruiting David Hood ]

Back. I think we expect feaster to be more flash and speed and cr to be more power. That being said feaster is a little bigger than most of your speed/finesse backs.

Dec 24, 2016, 10:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Recruiting David Hood ]

Not counting out Feaster at all he's the only difference maker we'll have next season. That's why I said we need a difference maker in this class. Feaster will look totally different with a year in the Systems

Dec 24, 2016, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Recruiting David Hood ]

I don't think anyone is writing off Feaster. He's gonna be a beast. But you need several good backs to have continued success.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

love Scott as well. Don't see him benefitting

Dec 24, 2016, 8:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Recruiting David Hood ]

By another year. Last year he had the most receiving yards on the team. This year I don't remember where he fell but with mw healthy, dc and Ray Ray pretty sure it was down. With an unsure qb situation next year, I think it's his peak. Love him and selfishly would like him back. But he's done all we've asked him to do. Two acc champs, two playoffs (hopefully nc), and graduated. It's time for him to be a man in his eyes and take care of family and I support him doing so. I think it's a good year for him to go unless by some crazy chance dw came back. Then I think he would get a lot of targets still and may pad his numbers.

Re: love Scott as well. Don't see him benefitting

Dec 24, 2016, 10:07 AM

^^^Don't omit Hunter Renfrow from that list of receivers. He made game-winning catches that only happen in the movies.

Very true actually purposefully omitted bc

Dec 24, 2016, 10:21 AM

He missed a few games

Dec 24, 2016, 10:47 AM

I think you will see Feaster explode this year along with a better condition CJ Fuller. I look for CJ to lose some body fat and pick up some quickness in the off season. Hopeful that Choice or Dye overcomes the mental aspect that is holding him back from being a great back.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2016, 11:03 AM

CJ Fuller isn't a bad back, kind of a poor man's Reggie Merriweather, but he doesn't finish his runs or consistently find his first cut quite like Reggie did...Reggie was meat-and-potatoes, no frills, but he did it well, one cut and then keep those shoulders square and your legs driving until they finally put you down...which wasn't usually easy. Keep in mind Reggie averaged 5.7 yards a pop over his career and just had the misfortune to play in the same era as James Davis and CJ Spiller, but while Fuller has reminded me of Merriweather at times he just doesn't seem to consistently crank out the yards like Reggie did every time he got his hands on the ball.

Feaster clearly has the ability, but I haven't seen anything resembling sustained production from him either.

Very worried about our RB's next year. We needed a talent like Richardson.

Dec 24, 2016, 11:52 AM

I played high school football with CJ Fuller. Graduated a year ahead of him. Good back, good vision. Not elite speed but agile. Hard worker. Just think talent wise Choice and obviously Feaster are better.

Dec 24, 2016, 11:59 AM

Feaster should be the feature back next year, but he doesn't have the "Gallman traits" of being a touch inside runner. He is more Spiller-esque with cutting ability and flat out speed. Fuller is a strong runner. Full confidence in him in the red zone.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DeAndre Swift

Dec 24, 2016, 1:31 PM

Does he remind you guys of a bigger Andre Ellinton?

(Swift)- man, this guy can play!

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic