Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Read this old case from the Kenosha PD, from back in
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 271

Read this old case from the Kenosha PD, from back in

Aug 31, 2020, 3:41 PM

2004, from which police investigation rules were changed and are pertinent in this case 16 years later. It's a horrifying event, with tragedy not only for the family of the 21 year old (white kid, so we don't have to focus on the race angle), but for one of the officers and his family. What's incredible is the number of times the officers involved changed their testimonies, including after being caught in outright lies.

You can argue that it was a horrible mistake (you'll understand when you read the details), but as a result of an officer misunderstanding what was actually happening, another officer put his service piece to this restrained kid's head, tried to pull the trigger and it wouldn't fire, he rechambered his gun, again put it BACK to his head, and executed him.

https://www.democracynow.org/2020/8/28/michael_bell?fbclid=IwAR2Dtpf0CkjL5-T06DuSiOFZWVVHrEnkqQ0Lt2_P4MKteVVuFq-hWC0fjJ0

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Read this old case from the Kenosha PD, from back in

Jul 5, 2013, 11:19 AM

I'm glad they took the time to point out the tragedy of the officer who took his own life. You can have an honest mistake that takes an even darker turn. I think it goes to show how it goes beyond an individual and it's our police and justice system that are in need of change.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Read this old case from the Kenosha PD, from back in

Aug 31, 2020, 4:45 PM

you know what I learned today that is scary. So many of Detroit's police officers have perjured themselves, to the tune of 90+, they cant testify in court.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 271
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic