Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ok quozzel and the rest of my ~ ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

ok quozzel and the rest of my ~ ...

Apr 15, 2015, 3:09 AM

orange with black striped brothers and sisters.... ~

dang dude you read my mind. or maybe I read yours. so i'm typing this long post, that includes you, when i decided that I should go back and reread your spring game post before i post anything(so i click copy before clicking back to search). when i go to look for your post, i come across your Bryant vs Israel post. after reading that post, and your leach, TTech comments, my thoughts started flowing. i had leach and TT in my head before i read your comments on Bryant and Israel. i like your petty comparison. anyways, follow if you can...

some may not like what ive got to say and say may totally respect it. heres to me hopin ya'll not only like my rant, but follow and respect it. whether you agree or disagree, here yas go my orange with black striped lads and ladies...

1. Kelly Bryant is our next great qb. no debate, no discussion, no nothing. I jump at quozzel's post(from the spring game observations) regarding tucker being more polished than kelly. FYI...I don't capitalize nothing. spell check does it all for me :). spell check hits on some and misses on some. whatever here we go...

Kelly Bryant looks more like vince young than vince young to me. vince young is anything but polished. sure, my brother quozzel, KB lacks timing and needs, in your words, waaay more polish next to our guy tucker Israel. but... I can assure you, this guy Kelly Bryant has something that I wait for and love to see... style. a winning style. Kelly has that intangible that can't be measured. yea his throwing motion is awkward. yea his timing is off. BUT... he's a winner on 3rd and 7. he can be down 35-24 in a national championship game vs USC and rally his boys for a 37-35 win. no doubt about it IMO. ive seen his kind for 30 plus years. yea, his kind are few and far between but theyre not unique....(<-- this is where my copy and paste ends and my thoughts after reading your post begins)...

ok after much thought i'll say this, as a possibility...

it's possible, just possible, that we have a very unique situation on our hands... we have vince young AND Bryce petty on our team, as true freshmen, at the same time. i'm not sure that's true but if it is...well... WOW. i don't think that's the case though...

here's what makes me think it's not true...

i'm not a big believer in all time state record holders. was TA McClendon a talented back? sure. was that chicken from the state of Georgia who broke dawg walkers records an OK back at the university of chicken crap? sure. tucker is a fine qb but IMO he's a high school record holder who will not be a QB like one of leaches or a petty as you suggested. history tells me this. go tucker go, prove me wrong. im pulling for you dude. Kelly Bryant is not a nfl QB. well lets just say he won't be a great nfl qb. he is though a college champion IMO. tucker Israel is a high school champion. does that mean tucker can't win in college? NO. tucker can win. can tucker beat lsu, ohio st, or UGA? my answer is, maybe... on a good day. Kelly Bryant is our guy because of that intangible that we can feel but can't see. the guy makes plays and WILL prove me right. let me be clear when i say that Kelly Bryant isn't guaranteed of anything. TEAM wins championships. all im saying is if the pieces are in place Kelly Bryant will succeed. within 2 minutes of watching his high school film i saw that. running first and throwing being a close 2nd shined oh so bright to me. this guy's a 4+ star baller. i'm pulling for tucker to succeed at Clemson but it will not happen IMO. sorry, just hard cold opinion in my opinion :).

Kelly has something that Deshaun doesn't have and will afford Kelly a better opportunity in the nfl than Deshaun IMO... durability. Deshaun will not have a long NFL career, regardless of being a tremendous college QB and more talented QB than all of the above. Deshaun is injury prone and will always be. what a shame :(. what might have beens suck. true whether i say it or not. Kelly Bryant will go down as one of the top qb's in the history of Clemson university IMO(as will Deshaun). Kelly bryants stats will not equal Deshaun watsons, tajh boyds, or our dude, woody Dantzler. except in 1 column... wins.

ok i'll leave the qb battle alone for now... remember though my dearest friends... i told yas here and now before it happened~...

next up defense and oline... then wr and rb... hang tight this is gonna be long...

defense...

ok heres whats wrong with the defense from what ive seen from the bowl game(2nd string 4th qaurter) to the spring...

1. depth on the dline. period!...

reader, Watkins, and shaq have it all hammered down. whats left after that?? ebo is for real. this is the guy in place of vic imo. throw him in and let him learn as we go. he'll learn and be a star. he'll blow it and then make it up the next play. live with it. im willing to. dodd is solid and can provide absolute, solid, depth. he's not a threat to sack Dillon Thompson and cause that fumble that makes us go... YEAH BABY! ebo is. im pullin for ya dodd. prove me wrong my man.

ebo looks like the guy. he is the guy.

not sure our 220 pound incoming freshmen are ready to make a move. actually im sure theyre not ready for anything more than the weight room and spot duty on 3rd and 8. JMO. ~

pagano- scott is another year and a half away IMO from being a stopper. NOT A FORCE, but a stopper. again dudes, JMO. senior year, beast weve all been hoping for ala maliciah(sp) goodman vs LSU. JMO you orange with black striped dreamers~

byars- serviceable. thanks for choosing Clemson university my man. keep workin~

Christian wilkins- beast mode. plays year one and does nothing but move up the depth chart rooting all those ahead of him out of the way. im excited. hope u are. our single best dline commit in forever for the orange based on stars and excitement. JMO~

safety- tj green and our LB hybrid jayron Kearse are a national championship caliber duo at the safety position. Kearse is proven while green will be proven. green will take Robert smiths position up another level. JMO. green is long and covers a LOT of ground. the only potential pitfall with TJ that i see is instincts. i think he'll be ok though. maybe even really good. never great. JMO~

CB- tank and alexander will go down as one of the best 1-2 corner duos in CU history IMO. think tye hill and Justin miller. my only concern for cordrea is top end speed. we'll see how it goes but im betting, and im a betting(winning)man, that it turns out well for us. Adrian baker is our next best corner besides unproven mark fields. beyond that, I AM concerned. JMO ~

LB- boulware <--- the bomb.com to quote my 13 year old step daughter. o'daniel- <--- prove it... i think you can. i think odaniel is a player who is waiting to make a name for himself. instincts are a concern with dorian.

wiggins<--- wrong position IMO. needs to swap places with Kearse IMO. love the guy though. playmakers with instinct are always cool. 1 last thought in regards to wiggins at safety... does wiggins ever catch the Louisville guy from behind last year to save that game for us? i don't think so. speed is a concern for me in regards to wiggins at safety.

jadar Johnson <--- what is he? is he better suited in wiggins spot or at safety? either or IMO~

rashaun smith<--- badly needed for us at LB. we must hang on to him!

register or rogers<--- one of these 2 guys is a must at LB IMO. physical, big, and fast. what could go wrong? ;)

ebo- seriously my peeps... ebo at MLB or SAM on certain downs would cause a LOT of problems for defenses IMO. im older than brent venables and have watched an immeasurable amount of football in my life. doesn't mean i know more than brent. just means i do know something so don't assume coaches know it all and WE know nothing. ebo's size and athleticism at one of the LB spots on CERTAIN downs would cause major problems for defenses. think vic Beasley at MLB or SAM on 2nd and 4 vs fsu or uga. JMO. don't be hatin ;) ~

ok a few offensive thoughts-

RB- dang man i almost hate that were so loaded with guys i want to see because i know somebody is transferring. bummer. i want to see em all.

gallman- The Gallman is not our most talented guy. :(. wayne is our most complete guy quozzel. not our most talented IMO~ great to have him but not a spiller, not a terry allen, and not a Kenny flowers IMO. nice back though who we all appreciate.

choice- our most talented back IMO if fully recovered from injury. RS him and let him prosper in a year or two.

dye- not sure what to think yet. wait and see. well, let me clarify... wait and see if we make it long enough without a transfer to see what dye has to offer. don't proclaim him to be keith Kelly yet. and BTW yusef Kelly was more talented than ANY back on our roster IMO. he lacked the most 2 important qualities in any football player IMO, instinct and motor. does dye have those 2 qualities? we'll see. too early to tell yet. JMO~

cj fuller- nice comparison between Merriweather and fuller. fuller is more talented IMO. JMO~

brooks- dang hate to see him go cause he can play.

Davidson- ok this is ridiculous... but i feel less fumbles coming now that cj is wearing terry allen's #21 than before. dang he looks good in that jersey. still haven't got over the fsu fumble. make it up to us cj with a huge, fumble free season. go man~

wr-...

deon cain- our most talented WR in years. more talented than Sammy, mike Williams, noodle, and rod gardner IMO. does he produce up to the level of his talent and those guys? i don't know. i hope so. i think he very well could. IMO cain comes in and is the #3 receiver from day 1 behind peake and #1 mike Williams. a total stud who we need to be very excited about.

ray ray- punt return, KO return, slot WR, couple carries at RB, and all around play maker. not particularly awesome at anything his freshmen year. he'll make plays, and some big plays, his freshman year. 4 star, not 5. at least 1+ 60 yard play this year for ray ray mccloud IMO ~

peake- go get em man. you got the skills. instinct is my concern for charone. instinct is what Sammy had and mike Williams is showing. charone disappears for whatever reason(and not because of injuries). again, i keep mentioning instincts, but i think that may be what is slowing charone down. instincts IMO are not all or nothing. there is an in between with instincts. i think charone falls in the in between category. in between guys go 1 of 2 ways... disappear or take off. this season will tell the tell. we know what peake can do. the nfl awaits a healthy and driven charone peake. go get em dude~

ok while talking about instinct ive got to revisit the LB's for a minute...

we lack instinct at LB IMO other than boulware and wiggins. and IMO wiggins is not even a LB by Clemson standards. unless, of course, weve forgotten what Clemson LB's look like. let me remind u all-

Clemson LB's look like wayne simmons(RIP), ed McDaniel, and leveon Kirkland to name a few. rashaun smith and stephone Anthony def look like LB's for LB U imo~

we need instinct and size at LB to take that next step as a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP CALIBER DEFENSE in this clowns opinion. im not looking to be the #1 defense in the country by the stat sheet(which is still killer to me). im looking to look forward to Saturdays the way i did when i was young to show the other teams fans how awesome clemsons players looked in terms of talent and in their uniforms. sounds lame but to a few a yas know what im talking about. wayne simmons looked to part,(lacked some instinct), but made up for it in the fear factor to his opponents. last years #1 defense lacked what 1989's defense had... that scare your a$$ factor. brent is on the right track with chad smith, Christian wilkins, and likes... anyways ive drifted... let me return to the offense...

oline- we ARE NOT THERE. were so used to mediocrity that were totally pumped to see something good up front. were ONLY on the way to seeing good. not great. if we get a power oline we'll all see the difference between average(below average) and bama, auburn good upfront. i want an entire oline of tyrone crowders and david beasleys(graduated). we'll miss Beasley and our funky contact wearing friend kalon. i DO BELIEVE eric mcclain is a beast in the making. MAKE NO MISTAKE, WE NEED JAY GUILLERMO. jay come back dude. sacrifice your feeling of whats been done wrong to you, for your brothers. we need 315 pound center jay. BADLY. Norton is a excellent reserve IMO.

our starting oline is this- battle(NFL), crowder(NFL), Guillermo(NFL), mcclain(NFL) and hyatt or jake(FUTURE NFL). gore and Norton and the rest are solid and appreciated reserves. go get em boys. i like my oline big and talented. #1 go get jay Guillermo back at C. a must. damit coach, go get jay! ~

TE- were fine, no worries there. Leggett and Richard will carry the day, in spite of their mistakes. with their nfl talent, they'll be fine. better to have NFL talent, with mistakes, than no nfl talent, with no mistakes. JMO~

biggest concern for this season... OTHER THAN POOR PERSONAL DECISIONS ON THE OLINE AND DEFENSE-

special teams...

not sold on lakkip. prove me wrong. i will admit though lakkip looks like the best weve got. cat man spoiled us. hope ammon shows up in those big moments.

kickoff and punts- catastrophe and 1 loss is sitting with this unit. GO RECRUIT DABO. love ya coach but i sure hope uve recruited well in these spots. JMO~

KR, PR- deon cain & ray ray. throw in hopper and you've got a fine trio here. JMO. i go with speed, talent, and explosion over experience. JMO again ~

dang boys, we r tooo deep. best shape weve been in in 25+ years.

lastly...

Deshaun Watson...

this is without a doubt the best quarterback Clemson has had in my lifetime. the only question is... can he stay healthy for an entire season? really, if im being honest, can he stay healthy for the first 5 games of any season as the full time starter? i don't think so. i sooo hope im wrong. i appreciate his talent but... broken bones in high school, a broken bone in 1 year in college, and a blown out knee(thanks chad) in less than a year of collegiate ball, i doubt he can make it without his kryptonite finding him. don't shoot me, just disagree. we all love him~

goodnight my true, strong orange, nation. ~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jfdOTC_jUw

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ok quozzel and the rest of my ~ ...

Apr 15, 2015, 6:08 AM

Bryce Petty is 6ft 3 230 lbs. Also, we haven't seen Cooper yet. Maybe he will be better than Bryant? I also hope Guillermo can sort out his problems and return focused. We need him. I agree that Norton is ideally a reserve. The staff supposedly likes Facienelli(sp)too.

Disagree on DW

Apr 15, 2015, 6:24 AM

One season of injuries doesn't make him injury prone. The chance of him getting through the season and not missing a game is higher than missing a game.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Injuries happen to true freshman.

Apr 15, 2015, 8:36 AM

It's just part of putting them out there. Their body is not physically ready for college ball. Hopefully, after the off season DW will be good to go.

I don't think he will be seriously injured this year. I also think that Tony and Jeff will be more creative in getting the ball into our other playmakers hands. We won't just option run DW every other down like the first series of the GaTech game.

Why have all the amazing skill players and then risk injury to your heisman hopeful QB?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2015, 6:47 AM

Could you expand a little on what you meat?

Call Tommy Bowden

Apr 15, 2015, 6:54 AM

someone wants to make black a Clemson color.

Where to start? I read it all.

Petty is a large man - not Isreal

DW was injury-free or played through injuries until his final game his senior year - no broken bones.

Why no mention of our leading receiver? Artavis Scott - remember him?

Ebo at linebacker?

Our 1989 defense was great, but offenses have changed - ask Nick Saban.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

You read all that?

Apr 15, 2015, 9:30 AM

Wow, you deserve a trophy or something

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Much speculation & strong opinion with very limited data***

Apr 15, 2015, 7:10 AM

Re: Much speculation & strong opinion with very limited data***

Apr 15, 2015, 9:10 AM

I still like discussion, myself. People putting forth their opinions on football message boards is kinda what message boards are for.

Like I said, I like Israel. I didn't like his size and I didn't like his arm, but I really like how cool a cat he is in the pocket, how quick he sees it, and how quick the ball is gone once he does. Maybe he will still have exactly the same arm in a couple years he does now and he's as good as he's ever going to get...but geeze, the kid should still be in high school, I'd like to see him as an actual freshman before I write him off. Let's see how he looks when he's actually shaving. Whatever, the kid, from a read-it-hit-it standpoint, is as polished as a lot of college juniors and seniors (and truthfully, some of them never get there. Including more than a couple that have started for Clemson over the last 10 years or so.)

Like I said, the only freshman QB I've seen at Clemson with that particular skillset is Deshaun Watson. But Watson was 6'3", 190 when he came in - too light, as it happened, to be running around and exposing himself like he was - but he also had a laser arm and plenty of mobility and athleticism. We may not see that particular combo again for awhile.

I really, really liked Bryant too. It's hard to look at him and not think Cam Newton or Vince Young.

Personally, at first blush, I do think we hit on both guys...you know, exactly the way the coaches who have been feeding us the straight skinny pretty much all spring have said. No, neither of them are Deshaun Watson, and neither are ready as EARLY-ENROLLEE-NOT-EVEN-TRUE-FRESHMEN, but Watson might be the most game-ready true freshman QB I have ever seen...not just at Clemson, but anywhere. Phillip Rivers (God Bless his wife and kid) was close. Other than that...I got nothin'. But even Watson was not physically ready to be the team's passer and leading rusher. He's not Tim Tebow; he's not Tajh Boyd. Those were 230+ pound guys...and I guarantee you even they were in the tub after the pounding they took a lot of weeks. Personally I hope we learned our lesson and treat Deshaun just a whole lot more like Oregon treated Marcus Mariota...yes, we will still run you...maybe once or twice a quarter, and of course you can use your feet to get out of trouble. But you will SLIDE. We will let our running backs, be the running backs.

As for the RB situation, I think Gallman is way underrated at the moment. I honestly think he's good for 1,500 yards or pretty close if he stays healthy and hungry this year...and that in turn is pretty close to an elite back, at least to my mind. He had 769 yards last year and the OL, quite frankly, was not good, and he didn't really take over until midseason. No, he is not CJ Spiller...but I think he could well wind up being as good as James Davis was - and a fairly similar back - and again, to my mind, that is high praise. I very much like our RB situation at the moment, actually. Especially if Davidson has learned to hold onto the ball, we've got a primary in Gallman, we've got a home-run hitter in Davidson, and then we've got some guys like Fuller and Dye who can pound for those tough yards and bury an opposing team when you're trying to ice a game.

Just my own take. As ever, it gets decided on the field...and all this prognosticatin' is just offseason message-board fodder, but again, that's what message boards are FOR....

Re: Much speculation & strong opinion with very limited data***

Apr 15, 2015, 9:14 AM

just wondering, how many of you people actually read this drivel. dont be scared to admit it. bad when a post from this guy requires a sit down in the bathroom to get through.

### you no, it don't take long to be a smart ###...***

Apr 15, 2015, 9:43 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder if

Apr 15, 2015, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Much speculation & strong opinion with very limited data*** ]

Israel could kick his cigarette habit - he might be a lot bigger?;)

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

A for effort

Apr 15, 2015, 8:48 AM

But you lost me thinking Scott will be beat out by Cain. Not a chance.

McClean a beast and nfl player? He is way too slow to get a whiff in the nfl. I'm just hoping his OKlahoma game wasn't a fluke.

I do think Tucker will end up transferring eventually. There is a physicality at the level we play that matters and he has a long way to go to get there.

Choice is too slow to be the most talented RB. Good player but not a game changer from what I saw last year.

I've lost hope that Leggett will be reliable and a quality TE. Hope Richards can secure this spot for many years to come. Smith should be a very good TE as well.

Defense is very short on quality depth. BV is the man but he has his work cut out for him this year. I'm not as high on Dodd as most and concerned we will struggle to set the edge all year.

Special teams could be a liability this year. Certainly can't replace Pinion easily - he helped out our defense more than many credit him. Guy may be the best I've seen at Clemson since Gordocki.

DW is good enough to carry this team so we could have a great year regardless of some glaring weaknesses. He's just that phenomenal.

Looking forward to a fun year!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2015, 9:11 AM

So you are saying Artavis will move down to the #4 spot in the WR core? Doubtful. Nevertheless great read and write up, love hearing other people's thought! +1!

How can you argue Bryant's durability over Watson's?

Apr 15, 2015, 9:29 AM

Watson has been in college for a year, and played as a scrawny 18 year old. Got hurt a couple times...mostly freak injuries, and made amazing recoveries each time

Bryant hasn't even seen the field in college, and has had his own share of injuries in high school

I agree with what the other guy said, this is mostly all opinion with no facts to back it up

Also, when did Black become one of our colors? ;)

Holy War & Peace Batman***

Apr 15, 2015, 9:46 AM

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic