»
Topic: TNET: Former Clemson guard signs with Zalgiris Kaunas
Replies: 8   Last Post: Nov 24, 2019 1:00 PM by: nctigs
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 8  

TNET: Former Clemson guard signs with Zalgiris Kaunas

[1]
Posted: Nov 23, 2019 9:01 AM

Former Clemson guard signs with Zalgiris Kaunas

Lithuanian team Zalgiris Kaunas announced on Friday that they had signed former Clemson guard K.C Rivers to a one-year contract. Per the release: The versatile Read Update »

Re: TNET: Former Clemson guard signs with Zalgiris Kaunas

Posted: Nov 23, 2019 9:35 AM

They play Nnoko's ALBA Berlin this coming week. Wonder if Rivers will play.

i wish there was more coverage of stuff like this

[1]
Posted: Nov 23, 2019 9:45 AM

I would be very interested to hear stories of how African American college guys adapt to life in rural Lithuania while pursuing a career in basketball. Would be fascinating IMO

Re: i wish there was more coverage of stuff like this

Posted: Nov 23, 2019 3:20 PM

Yea it must be a bit wierd for him but he has been in Europe a while now. Wonder what he gets paid.

I hope our former players check the currency exchange rate ...

Posted: Nov 23, 2019 7:19 PM

... otherwise they may take a bad financial deal.

When I was living in Switzerland in the early 2000’s, a work colleague of mine who played volleyball in college in California told me he took a deal in Italy to play volleyball in the early 1980s. He was offered several million Italian Lire to play for one season.

They treated him well and picked him up in a limousine and he thought he had it made - after all, he was a millionaire - and he indeed was locally, but his “payday” in USD was a whopping $15,000. ??

Caveat emptor! (Buyer beware) :D Make sure you have as much information as you can when you make important decisions like that!

Posted: Nov 23, 2019 1:53 PM

Glad to see he is still playing, good for him.

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 9:09 AM

I would be interested to hear how they do financially as journeyman in European basketball leagues. It must be ok else I’m sure he would have come back to the US after a couple years.

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 12:51 PM

A lot of Americans playing European ball make six figures or more a season. I'm sure most make at least 5 figures, and at least close to 50K or over.
Basketball is a lot bigger than volleyball in Europe so don't think that is apples and apples.

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 1:00 PM

nctigs said:

A lot of Americans playing European ball make six figures or more a season. I'm sure most make at least 5 figures, and at least close to 50K or over.
Basketball is a lot bigger than volleyball in Europe so don't think that is apples and apples.

Oh that is American $s

Replies: 8  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: IPTAY donor/Clemson Grad here selling my extras! 6 aisle seats together in Section UI (Row H: 2,4...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
787 people have read this post