Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is the TAM game a “must win”? Hear me out ....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Is the TAM game a “must win”? Hear me out ....

Sep 3, 2018, 11:06 AM

The SEC West is crushing it week 1 in OOC games:
Auburn over Washington
Bama over L’ville
LSU over Miami

Add in a TAM win over Clemson, and the SEC bandwagon will resemble an 18 wheeler rolling downhill. Might consider taking the bullets out of your guns so you don’t shoot your new 80” TV ... or at least have a millennial figure out how to block all ESPN networks.

Factor in the Notre Dame and the B1G love ... the ACC could be on the outside come December even with a 12-1 Clemson champion. Consider the scenario:
- TWO SEC teams
- B1G champion - won’t be left out two years in a row.
- One loss Notre Dame or Oklahoma. Need Va Tech to beat the Iriish.

Just win - play like it’s an orange britches game. That and it is a long season ....

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is the TAM game a “must win”? Hear me out ....

Sep 3, 2018, 11:10 AM

We could still make it with one loss to them at home, but don’t want to use up the mulligan this early

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2018, 11:18 AM

I think it is a "must win" in the sense that losing the 2nd game of the year means you have almost no buffer to lose another game the rest of the season. Could a 2-loss ACC Champion still make the playoffs? They could, but now your fate is left in someone else's hands in terms of other team's records. So, if you want to maintain a realistic shot at the playoffs, getting this win remains really important and critical. A loss may not be a total deathblow this early in the season but it sure would be a major handicap to have to carry the rest of the year and a lot of added pressure to every remaining game.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2018, 2:50 PM

If Clemson wants to remain in the top five we must win Saturday’s game. A loss likely means crawling out of a hole with absolutely no room for error the rest of the year. In all honesty we need a bit of luck along the way period!

Because Miami and Louisville lost the ACC was hurt image wise. Clemson is now seen as well above our competition which lessens our quality wins accordingly. We need a strong showing to bolster our standing nationally.

Go Tigers ??!!

Yes, it is a must win

Sep 3, 2018, 11:29 AM

And considering what they did to Permian High School, we need to be worried... very worried.

Seriously, I expect them to be better than last year, but Jimbo Fisher just doesn’t scare me. If we come out pi$$ed off and ready to hit people, I think we win by 3 touchdowns.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes, it is a must win

Sep 3, 2018, 11:43 AM

I agree, must win. I'm sure the offense was just running a base plan with basic plays. Same for defense. Open up the playbook and different schemes, I look for us to win by 2 or 3 scores also.

Must win

Sep 3, 2018, 12:01 PM

Nope.

Sep 3, 2018, 12:07 PM

Everybody wants to win it. But, we could lose it and still win out, win the ACC and get in the playoffs with no questions asked. We have 1 'get out of jail free' card, just like everybody else.

That said, Tigers 38 - Aggies 13.

I don’t think we stand a chance against

Sep 3, 2018, 12:15 PM

Re: Nope.

Sep 3, 2018, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Nope. ]

Agree with OP; it is a must-win.

Only 4 spots for 5 conference champs + ND, with the possibility they'll award 2 to SEC (especially if Bama is a 1-loss division runner up)? An ACC championship won't add to the résumé this year, our SoS is dependent on our two SEC foes playing up, and with the expectations already on this team, i think the ESPN heads are asking Dabo to hand over that "Get out of jail free" card.

I agree that we win this one handily, but we need to plan on dominating every game.

Re: Nope.

Sep 3, 2018, 1:45 PM

Yep , maybe

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I had the same thought last night. Yes, its a must win.

Sep 3, 2018, 12:24 PM

This is where conference perception comes into play.. SOS is determined by interconference play. If the ACC won all of its games, we may have a little wiggle room to make it up later. But after this weekend, I don't see the teams on our schedule to make up for a week 2 loss to TAM.

The conference doesn't matter folks always say it doesn't matter as long as Clemson takes care of its own business.. well here it is.

GO TIGERS!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Valid points ... IMHO they are all must wins

Sep 3, 2018, 1:43 PM

Lots of season to go, but lots of media outside the ACC and southeast region who would rather see Clemson and Bama on the sidelines.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Valid points ... IMHO they are all must wins

Sep 3, 2018, 3:16 PM

A loss to aTm may not sink us, but we would be very low in the water. We would have to win out and hope aTm finishes in the top 15. If we beat them, we confirm our place as the only superpower in the ACC.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic