Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
19-4, 8-3, RPI of 4, SoS of 15, 4-2 vs RPI top 25 and 10-4 vs RPI top 100..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

19-4, 8-3, RPI of 4, SoS of 15, 4-2 vs RPI top 25 and 10-4 vs RPI top 100..

Feb 4, 2018, 9:18 AM

What are we ranked when the new polls come out tomorrow? We should be top 10 with those numbers but I think we will move up to 12 or so. A big leap nonetheless, but I feel we should be top 10.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 19-4, 8-3, RPI of 4, SoS of 15, 4-2 vs RPI top 25 and 10-4 vs RPI top 100..

Feb 4, 2018, 9:24 AM

IF it is as I expect we'll just about have to win out to break the top ten. Clemson lacks credibility in basketball. Not that it matters when the committee takes a look at the tournament seeding but considering the lack objectivity in the media we're the Rodney Dangerfield in basketball.

A nice deep run in the tournament would help.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ditto ^this^ 88...

Feb 4, 2018, 9:45 AM

.... this past week watching games with teams ranked in the top 15 (and 10), I kept thinking that we are as good, if not better, so why the low ranking? Three of our four ( JUST 4!!) losses were on the road against two very good teams, plus a 1 point loss AT NC State (the Temple loss was just a fluke imho), so what gives?

Credibility? Objectivity?

Yes - and for the sake of the great group of young men we have playing on our basketball team - I hope they go DEEP into the tournament! They’re playing good ball (except for those losses), are working HARD, are really fun and easy to watch - especially as yours truly is confident that they can ‘hold a lead’, ‘come back’, or ‘pull it out at the end of a game’ like very few other Tiger bball teams could.

Just SUCKS that Grantham went out with the ACL!

Oh, and one last thing: f zion......

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Watch calling out Zion Uncle Bill. Some can't handle the fact

Feb 4, 2018, 9:51 AM

that we should have no love for a kid that trolled us and who's family implied Coach Brownell dropped the ball. Once a possible Tiger always a Tiger in their book. The stupidity on this board is amazing sometimes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watch calling out Zion Uncle Bill. Some can't handle the fact

Feb 4, 2018, 9:58 AM

How did he troll us? The kid never said he was coming to Clemson. You people are just sad hating on an 18 year old kid for picking a school besides Clemson.

Do you want to deny his father tried to blame Coach B or

Feb 4, 2018, 10:04 AM

that he used the video that repeated Dabo's "The best is yet to come" to drum up interest that he might be coming here and create a bigger splash with his announcement?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do you want to deny his father tried to blame Coach B or

Feb 4, 2018, 10:08 AM

His father did not blame BB and link to video please. I have not seen it. Either way it is sad to hate on an 18 year old kid for not coming to the school you wanted. Idc if he commited to us and then changed his mind.

When step dad said “Clemson had a tremendous ‘lead/edge’...”

Feb 4, 2018, 11:41 AM

“... leading up to his announcement, but somehow lost it... “ - he ‘perhaps was’ essentially implying ‘WE’ blew it. With ‘WE’ = Brownell, coaching staff, etc. ... Hayull, Dook had actually STOPPED recruiting him!

FURTHERMORE, his step-dad explained “How terrible he felt with pushing and convincing the previous family member (another son, I think?) to playing football, only to find out afterwards, that son confessed to hating football, but only played due to his father’s pressuring him...”. Thus, step dad “... couldn’t bear to try to influence z**n to go to Clemson.”

PUH-LEEEEEEZE?! Spare me THAT BULL CACA!!! z**n THRIVES on, and his entire life, being and heart IS CENTERED on playing bball!!!! Yeah, sure would hate to influence the young man’s POTENTIALLY BAD and unhappy decision....

Yes, CmoneyTiger, you are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT that I’m a tired old, sadass grown man with the butthert that z**n didn’t COME to MY alma mater.... yes, I am very disappointed because I like what our bball team IS doing, and probably would continue with him playing for us.

But now, he’s a dookie - and dead to me - and I wish him as little success as he possibly could have in his collegiate bball career.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When step dad said “Clemson had a tremendous ‘lead/edge’...”

Feb 4, 2018, 11:46 AM

Pathetic.

Hate to say this, but Tiger Basketball is overrated.

Feb 4, 2018, 12:11 PM [ in reply to Re: 19-4, 8-3, RPI of 4, SoS of 15, 4-2 vs RPI top 25 and 10-4 vs RPI top 100.. ]

I’m very pleased with the teams progress, but they need more talent. I have faith in Brad to get it done ! Clemson has finally decided to give basketball its full support.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2018, 9:39 AM

Any other team with this type run would be the darling of the sports media
but CU does not fit the template they use. I watched the ACC basketball show
before the game yesterday and no mention of Brownell for ACC coach of the year,
Zero, zip , none they said UVA's coach, N.C. State's coach and even Rat face should
be ACC coach of the year. The one guy was passionate about Rat face listed all of the
facts like he had waited for this opportunity to express his man crush publicly. We Beat
Pitt split with FREE SHOES U and beat Puke and we may be a top 15 team when we should
be a top 6 team with that record. No respect No respect Bought my son a bebe gun what did
I get in return, a Clemson t-shirt with a bulls eye on the back. No respect for Clemson
GO TIGERS!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

a TU for the post and a symbolic +1 for:

Feb 4, 2018, 9:50 AM

.... the bb gun and bullseye t-shirt reference!!

Love me some Rodney Dangerfield!!

#15-16 is what I expect.

Feb 4, 2018, 9:40 AM

Not sure voters are confident enough yet to give us a huge bump.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Feb 4, 2018, 9:58 AM

We're winning but we're winning ugly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: ^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Feb 4, 2018, 8:24 PM

How in the hell are we winning ugly

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

they were confident enough

Feb 4, 2018, 11:41 AM [ in reply to #15-16 is what I expect. ]

to give Ohio State a huge bump. and if I recall......we beat them.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's sort of my point ... we're still earning confidence

Feb 4, 2018, 8:17 PM

while traditional B1G teams already have it.

We'll see what happens, but I still say they put us #15-16

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You forgot 2nd place in the toughest conference in America

Feb 4, 2018, 9:42 AM

How does that not get this team top ten? It really should.

Re: You forgot 2nd place in the toughest conference in America

Feb 4, 2018, 11:01 AM

If UNC had the same record and even worse RPI you can beat they would be top 10.

Feb 4, 2018, 9:56 AM

7 teams above us lost but 3 of those were in the top 10. I think we probably go to 15 or 16 but should be higher IMO.

Feb 4, 2018, 12:05 PM

Cause that is a post to TD

With a 4 RPI you would think they would be Top 10

Feb 4, 2018, 10:43 AM

I think they jump to Top 15, a 10 step jump would be unprecedented.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: With a 4 RPI you would think they would be Top 10

Feb 4, 2018, 11:55 AM

Ohio State and Arizona State have had jumps of 10 or more places in one week in AP poll.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2018, 11:57 AM

The fact that we were ranked higher already doesn’t give me any hope it will jump up that much. Ohio State is ranked ahead of us and we beat their ###. Oklahoma is way overrated. There are at least five teams we should jump but we won’t

Feb 4, 2018, 12:06 PM

I think we pass Ok, Wich st, and WVU for sure.

Don't really care.

Feb 4, 2018, 12:06 PM

I care more that we get the double bye in the ACCT.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Don't really care.

Feb 4, 2018, 12:40 PM

Exactly! Seedings ,(in both ACC and NCAA Tournaments ) , not rankings are what matters .

Meh. It ain’t football.***

Feb 4, 2018, 8:26 PM

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic