Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will that Louisana RB "E" play much this year?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Will that Louisana RB "E" play much this year?

Aug 3, 2017, 11:49 PM

I say no since we don't need to use him what with others in line.

What say you?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will that Louisana RB "E" play much this year?

Aug 4, 2017, 12:11 AM

I guess you're talking about Etienne. He looks pretty awesome in his highlight reels. IMO, he might have 2 good seasons and jump to the NFL if he decides he's good enough. If that happens, then the RS might be detrimental to him. IMHO - he will not RS. But we do have a ton of good RB's that want to play too.

I hope he plays this year, because I enjoy watching him run. I think he is better than a lot of RB's that start for other teams.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2017, 8:26 AM

Elliot said yesterday Etienne almost got confused for Gallman. That's how similar they look.

Said from the looks of it the freshmen will be pushing the upper class men.

Aug 4, 2017, 2:14 PM

He meant he is as good Gallman was last year only being just a freshmen.

Read between the lines!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2017, 8:34 AM

I would like to see Etienne and Feaster hold down the KO Return duties (like the old Jacoby & CJ Spiller days) while Fuller & Choice handle majority of load at RB (with Feaster & Etienne getting some time at RB too obviously). Nothing like world class speed at KO RET Tandem to scare the bejeezus out of team and occasionally break their spirit by taking it to the House.

Aug 4, 2017, 8:40 AM

My guess is redshirt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2017, 2:18 PM

No redshirt because Fuller and Choice are redshirt juniors and could leave after this year.

If Feaster becomes the guy at some point. THey could move on and play a graduate next year somewhere else.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2017, 8:40 AM

My guess is redshirt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hard to say how much, but i think he will play.

Aug 4, 2017, 8:43 AM

There's not really much point in putting a RS on a 4 star RB. I think he will get an opportunity to show what he can do.

Ideally though, Feaster has a big breakout season and forms a nice 1-2 punch with Fuller. If Etienne gets a bunch of snaps this year it likely means someone else has a disappointing year.

Re: Hard to say how much, but i think he will play.

Aug 4, 2017, 2:47 PM

Or someone else gets hurt. Let's hope that does not happen. But I think he will get some snaps, especially if he breaks off some nice runs. Should be a devastating ground attack this year. Will be more like the Danny Ford Tiger teams, with a bit more passing than the '80s squads IMO. Defense will be El Stuffo.

Aug 4, 2017, 8:50 AM

I believe he plays some and will do well. I have a great feeling about him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2017, 12:36 PM

Do you mean the Clemson RB Travis Etienne? The CLEMSON running back? Who has any idea, its day one of practice....

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2017, 12:52 PM

We really don't have much depth at RB.

Feaster probably has the tools to be a feature RB, even a star if he gets it together.

CJ Fuller can be a serviceable #2. I do not see him as a feature back. Reminds me of Reggie Merriweather, though Merriweather also averaged 5.7 ypc, whereas Fuller is at 4.3ypc - a full 1.4 yards per carry less than Merriweather.

Adam Choice looked like a solid 4-yards-per-carry blue-collar dude before he got hurt. Since the injury he's looked less explosive and his YPC has dropped to 3.5, which is incredibly average, especially behind Clemson's increasingly dominant OL. Can he get that step back? You really do need a minimum of three guys in your RB stable to carry you for an entire season so it would assuredly help Clemson if he can.

Rencher is our #4, and he's a walk-on.

So yeah, there's plenty of room for Etienne to make his mark. The thing that would concern me is he was a lot like Gallman in that he came from what looked like some sort of wishbone offense - I think Gallman played in a Wing-T - and his instincts are going to be east-west and there will be a tendency to dance laterally along the line rather than sticking his foot in the ground and slashing north-south between the tackles. It took about a year or so to really "reprogram" Gallman on that and I suspect Etienne could be a similar project.

Aug 4, 2017, 1:19 PM

^^^ This - Quozzel summed it up pretty doggone well IMO.

Aug 4, 2017, 3:08 PM

I'd say about as much as Feaster played last year.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic