Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When will the ACC learn??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

When will the ACC learn??

May 24, 2018, 10:37 PM

They need to have every major men’s championship in Charlotte... Beautiful downtown facilities for football, basketball, and baseball.. major airport with plenty of direct flights that are affordable. Plenty of hotels and restaurants very close to the stadium. Very accessible to interstates and many alumni bases in and around the CLT metro area... they have learned with football with the recent announcement of the long term contract. Hopefully they will have great attendance for basketball this year in CLT..

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When will the ACC learn??

May 24, 2018, 10:51 PM

Also no local ACC schools. Wake is the closest to Charlotte at about 80 miles.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Charlotte is only a couple of hours from Clemson

May 24, 2018, 11:02 PM

might give us an unfair advantage

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the baseball tourney in Charlotte

May 24, 2018, 11:02 PM

would be a huge success. The new ballpark in Uptown is as nice a minor league Complex there is in the ACC footprint.

Makes no sense why it hasn’t popped up on roatation yet.

Re: the baseball tourney in Charlotte

May 24, 2018, 11:04 PM

A lot of folks don’t realize how nice that ballpark is. They even built it for the purpose of easily being able to throw an upper deck on the main concourse in the event a mlb franchise came available

Where did you read that BB&T is expandable to accommodate a

May 25, 2018, 12:07 AM

MLB franchise? I'm pretty sure that is not the case.

But it is a great minor league venue. As long as the ACC Championship is rotating, it should definitely be in Charlotte occasionally.

Charlotte for every sport is just not fair to the schools on the outskirts.

Charlotte for football is perfect. Somewhat central but still can be comfortable, whether wise. Great stadium.

I like DC for basketball if we were to have a permanent venue.

I like Greenville or Conway for baseball if there was a permanent venue.

But of course, they aren't making these events permanent venue deals, which I guess is fine. Just keep the football championship out of the state of Florida. What a disaster.

null

I LOVED going to Orlando for ACCCG. I like CLT too, and have been

May 25, 2018, 10:52 AM

to the last 3 ACCCGs. The best overall experience was Orlando. 2015 Charlotte was freezing, 2016 Orlando was shorts and a t shirt, last year Charlotte was right in between.

The only reason Orlando was a "disaster" is that (rightfully so) people were livid that the site was changed for political purposes AFTER tix were already purchased and plans made. Political views aside, it was a bad move. If that game were planned for Orlando from start to finish, it'd be a winner.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Not just that one year. Attendance is consistently far

May 30, 2018, 8:08 AM

superior in Charlotte than it is in any Florida venue.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ACC_Championship_Game

This is really not even close. Charlotte is in the heart of ACC country and is an easy trip for many fan bases. It’s less than five hours for eight of our fourteen members and less than eight hours from 11 of the fourteen. Florida can’t compare. And when both teams’ fan bases are contemplating a good bowl game to travel to after the Championship, it becomes difficult for fans to fly to Florida.

I love Orlando too, but Charlotte is the no-brained home of the ACC Championship.

null

learn?? They know but they choose

May 24, 2018, 11:08 PM

To keep things near the tar holes as much as possible and never back where it wAs as successful as ever for baseball but near Clemson.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Water the Point Tree

Re: learn?? They know but they choose

May 24, 2018, 11:12 PM

Again.. I’d love nothing more for it to be in Gville but.... it’s a different conference now than it once was... almost half of the conference is now a flight away from attending from when it was in GVL.. GREENVILLE alumni base is mostly Clemson.. just the facts. Charlotte is a melting pot of many bases... major airport with numerous daily non stop flights from across ACC country and within easy driving distance for many ACC schools. Charlotte is the answer not only baseball.. but all of the major conference championships

Mebbe as soon as Swoffie is deaded.

May 24, 2018, 11:25 PM

Forget it until then.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

they don't like men's sports in the state of NC

May 25, 2018, 11:04 AM

this has always been the case and is so blatantly obvious. They like basketball and stuff like that.

Posted this last night, but moving it here

May 25, 2018, 11:33 AM

I work there doing medical stuff for the game. I know the VP of stadiums ops there and I talk to him all the time about that. He is over concessions, seating, and all of that crap, so not who comes and does not, but I never waste an opportunity to tell him the tourny should be at BB&T. I do know from talking to him, cost is not the holdup; the subject has never been broached to his knowledge.

The Charlotte Knights have a larger attendance than the Marlins, and with over 9k average, lead minor league baseball in attendance. The place is beautiful, and is a perfect spot for baseball. It makes way too much sense for Swofford to move the ACCT there for sure. For those that have ever been to Durham, it is a terrible city. Swofford wants the advantage to go to the teams in the Triangle, and it is obvious.

At least I got pics of Beer last July 4th here when he played on the USA team.

https://imgur.com/a/tV9HyT3

Well...Why don't

May 30, 2018, 8:23 AM

The universities remind Swofford who he works for? He's not king...don't treat him like one...unless it's 'off with his head' time!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic