Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So I've decided to become a beer snob
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

So I've decided to become a beer snob

Jul 15, 2017, 5:31 PM

Not that I'd ever stop drinking a good bourbon or whiskey, but like many people in life, my taste buds have evolved.

Anyway, I've bought a couple 90 minute DF head IPAs and absolutely love them. Anytime you can drink a couple beers and feel like everything in the world is right and relax after a stressful day is alright by me. Been looking for the 120 but no luck so far.

With that said, I would appreciate any of you lungers/beer snobs pointing me in the right direction of some other good brews, and let me know if there's a collective or list I can acquire to build an inventory. Tia.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welcome to the club! Hey I still............

Jul 15, 2017, 5:44 PM

drink good tequila, vodka & bourbon. But beer is my thing.

Just hang around in the Lunge there's me and plenty of my fellow beer geeks always posting in here.

I will say this, if you started out with 90 Minute and looking for 120 you went from 0 to 60 fast lol.

Enjoy the journey.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Welcome to the club! Hey I still............

Jul 15, 2017, 6:05 PM

ty kind sir. I've been known to handle alcohol pretty well. So, it's not surprising I'd want to step it up a notch and go for the "good" stuff early on in my endeavors. My wife's cousins drinks every day (cheap stuff) and you'd think it was his first time, every time. Love that guy!

Bells 2 hearted is the crown jewel of IPAs***

Jul 15, 2017, 6:20 PM

All jokes aside it's a damm good beer. ******

Jul 15, 2017, 6:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are right, but the jokes are fun too

Jul 16, 2017, 8:09 AM

A good stout is also good every now and again. Usually can't do more than 1 at a time

yeah... all for crackin on H8n

Jul 17, 2017, 2:22 PM [ in reply to All jokes aside it's a damm good beer. ****** ]

But in terms of day to day, easily available, smooth IPA, it's a very good option. Probably one of my favorites to keep around.

Pretty much anything brewed by "Plank Road Brewery".

Jul 15, 2017, 6:51 PM

Icehouse really is there mainstay, but Icehouse Edge will do in a pinch.

Just kidding of course. One should only drink Natural Light. Cause that Natty still feels good even 6 months later!

Re: Pretty much anything brewed by "Plank Road Brewery".

Jul 15, 2017, 8:37 PM

still feeling good...I pretty much like everything..that is my subjective opinion.
will be going to New Belgium-Asheville soon-anyone been there?

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just don't go all-IPA all the time.***

Jul 15, 2017, 7:45 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Be sure to try out some Belgian tripels and quadruples.

Jul 16, 2017, 7:58 AM

You have the dubbel, the tripel, and the quad. The level of complexity generally goes up from dubbel to quad, as does the ABV. One of my favorite tripels that is pretty easy to find is Westmalle. #### good beer. I also love the Duvel... I think it's technically a Belgian Pale Ale, but I always sort it out by the 8.5% ABV. Welcome to beer snobbery!

Re: So I've decided to become a beer snob

Jul 16, 2017, 3:14 PM

DFH will always have a special place in my heart, and their 90 is hard to beat. I would encourage you to try the 120, but if you are like me, you might find it underwhelming (same with their 75). It's not that it's bad, but just different than what I was expecting. Love their Punkin Ale too come fall.

You'll probably find yourself setting on a specific style or two. I do IPA's 8 out of 10 times, with a Belgian and something I just want to try filling out the other two.

Doubles and Imperials are usually outstanding. One of my favorites is Great Lakes Chillwave, but it's unlikely to be found this way.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic