Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I wish I felt as confident as some of you.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

I wish I felt as confident as some of you.

Dec 9, 2019, 10:56 PM

I think we will win. But it’s going to be a hard fought game. I think our experience will win this game in the end. Please let me know why you think this will be a blow out. Go Tigers My score prediction is 42-35

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

its going to be a hard fought game no doubt

Dec 9, 2019, 10:57 PM

imo this is the national title game winner takes it all

It's really easy if you just try a little.***

Dec 9, 2019, 10:59 PM

Re: I wish I felt as confident as some of you.

Dec 9, 2019, 11:02 PM

45-0 Clemson

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Dec 9, 2019, 11:05 PM

I hope so. We will have to get more pressure on Fields than we did against VA.

We didn't get a great rush on a really good mobile QB

Dec 9, 2019, 11:10 PM

Re: We didn't get a great rush on a really good mobile QB

Dec 9, 2019, 11:18 PM

Yes but fields can do both. So we will need to get him on the ground we can’t expect our DBs to cover for 5+ seconds.

They said the same thing about Tua and Mayfield

Dec 9, 2019, 11:23 PM

you can't possibly believe that we will shut that offense out.

Dec 9, 2019, 11:08 PM [ in reply to Re: I wish I felt as confident as some of you. ]

This is BY FAR the best team we will have played this year. I honestly expect a very, very tough game. They will challenge us on both sides of the ball, unlike any team we've played.

Thanks new/old guy. His opinion of domination is just as

Dec 9, 2019, 11:47 PM

valid as your tail between your legs take is.

just as valid?

Dec 10, 2019, 2:22 AM

You really believe that?

So I have my tail tucked between my legs because I think they will score?

Re: you can't possibly believe that we will shut that offense out.

Dec 10, 2019, 12:11 AM [ in reply to you can't possibly believe that we will shut that offense out. ]

Lighten up Francis...they are not BY FAR better. They have a reasonably complete team within their B1G sphere...and a handful of stand out players...makes them a little more consistent and thus able to run through the very pedestrian B1G conference.

What they haven't done is play the likes of Clemson...yet...that's in their future soon. That will be a whole new ballgame for them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you think they would do to our schedule what we did?

Dec 10, 2019, 2:17 AM

I think they would.

No doubt those are two good teams

Dec 9, 2019, 11:07 PM

Re: No doubt those are two good teams

Dec 9, 2019, 11:28 PM

Clemson’s preparation for the last 5 years has been amazing. I’ll bet that Clemson hasn’t forgotten how to prepare.

Dec 9, 2019, 11:11 PM

Being honest, no one we have played comes close to what they will line up. And that's ok, as it's how it should be in the playoffs. Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2019, 11:57 PM

Ehhh they are good but don't be so ready to declare them invincible. They also haven't played the likes of us either.

Dec 9, 2019, 11:16 PM

We wiped the floor with them the last time we played OSt.

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Dec 9, 2019, 11:26 PM

We have to stop drinking the Kool-Aid of last year and assuming it will happen again. It amazes me how many here think it is destiny history will repeat itself.

It will be a nail-biter and not all the breaks will go our way. Ohio State will score a lot of points on our defense.

It's going to be a shootout. If either team trails by 10 in the 4th quarter, it won't be over.

Dec 9, 2019, 11:56 PM

That would be fun to watch but idk about it. I don't think they can stop us and i know BV can work up a play to slow any offense down. Fields holds the ball too long and does not read the D that well yet. If we can contain him and keep Dobbins under 100 yards I don't think it will be that close. 35-17 good guys.

Dec 10, 2019, 10:08 AM

You should understand both of those things are really difficult. Not only are Fields and Dobbins great players, Day is a gifted play caller.

It won't be easy this time.

Dec 9, 2019, 11:28 PM

This will be a battle no doubt. As others have said, they're legit. Tigers win in the end! Leave no doubt!

We will score more on their D than they will on our D... It

Dec 9, 2019, 11:34 PM

is really that simple...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2019, 11:43 PM

Don't think the game will be a blowout by any means but I do feel the Tigers will Win comfortably.And why do I feel that way,well given Coach Venables will have almost three weeks to prepare his Defense in practice for the Ohio State Offense and then we all know how good the Tigers Offense has been playing throughout the season and you know Tony Elliott and the Offensive coaches will have some new wrinkles to put on display so why not feel confident in a BIG Clemson Win.Like Dabo says "THE BEST IS YET TO COME"

All these 2019 new users coming on here to spew doubt!

Dec 9, 2019, 11:53 PM

Puhleeze. Y'all need to catch up on some tape. Clemson has been here and been doing this underdog #### for the past 5 years. Sit down, grab your blankies, get your juice boxes and enjoy the absolute BEAT DOWN of Ohio St. Going into the 4th quarter you will be back on here praising the amazement that is Dabo Swinney's Clemson Tigers!! TWEET THAT NEW GUYS!!

I worry about all the games - wofford, chickens, . . .

Dec 9, 2019, 11:56 PM

1st quarter against Virginia, I was going “oh crap!” so I’m worried about the bucknuts, too. get it done, tigres! ????????

It's deja vu all over again

Dec 10, 2019, 4:41 AM

This thread reads like each of the past five seasons. It's a wonder Clemson managed to even show up for their games. Managed to overcome fear of their 'big, bad opponents', I suppose.

It's fine to consider a competitive game. But fearing an opponent? Really? It's not going to change the outcome, so be confident in your team...it's not a jinx or bad karma to do so. And this 'never been done' nonsense...lol! So a '1' hasn't ever won...or a '3'...or a Tiger team on a Tuesday night in January on a date that's not a 4 or a 9...or I didn't fly the flag last time we lost, so...and ta dum ta dum....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's deja vu all over again

Dec 10, 2019, 5:01 AM

No one said anything about fear. I said I don’t think it will be a blow out like some think.

you are wrong

Dec 10, 2019, 5:36 AM [ in reply to It's deja vu all over again ]

I wore my lucky Clemson shirt for UVA and we won. I've worn that shirt like 20 times and we have won every time. We lost to Bama the last time I wore my previous lucky shirt, so I put it away and never wore it again.

So far so good. I've got this for us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dang must be rough

Dec 10, 2019, 5:31 AM [ in reply to I worry about all the games - wofford, chickens, . . . ]

1st quarter during uva and I was like dang, they may be able to keep it close for awhile before we bury them in the second half.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2019, 5:05 AM

Well first of all , Ohio State isn't scoring 5 TDs on our defense . That was your first big mistake.
Secondly , why not be confident ? As a fan we have the responsibility of bringing enthusiasm and spirit for our players ... and if you really want to push that agenda remember , Ohio State has never beaten a team from South Carolina so we'll just be keeping up with a tradition by ridding the playoffs of an inferior opponent once again .
Expect to win easily , that's our contribution .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 10, 2019, 5:09 AM

They will score 4 tds on our D. They will move the ball on our D. I hope they dont score 5. I think we win the game 38-28. I could even see 42-31.

Dec 10, 2019, 5:19 AM [ in reply to Re: I wish I felt as confident as some of you. ]

Exactly--that should be our contribution. The Tigers will not go into this game with a defeatist attitude. That's for sure!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

That first half against Wisconsin should give you hope

Dec 10, 2019, 5:09 AM

B1G teams are slow--OSU won't have that luxury with Clemson.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Clemson wins 35-24***

Dec 10, 2019, 5:28 AM

Dec 10, 2019, 5:46 AM

I'm not as confident as some but I think that I am probably more confident than you are. One of the big reasons is that I am not sold that the B1G is a good conference. I would put them barely ahead of the ACC. They do not play hardly anybody with a pulse out of conference and I am referring to the whole conference.

Personally, my biggest concern is Dobbins, but I think that we stack the box and challenge Fields to beat us. I don't think that he can do it. I could have completed the passes on most of highlights that I saw with the guy that wide open. Fields will have to throw into tighter windows with us.

On defense for them, I admit that Chase Young is a monster. We will have to gameplan to account for him, but we have three weeks. The rest of the defense is pretty good as well, but nobody else really concerns me. As far as Young, I think that we will take advantage of his motor, and his desire to speed rush on passing downs. To me he seems to be undisciplined when it comes to playing assignment football, and depends on his athleticism to bail him out. It works against lesser teams, but I am not sure that will be the case against Clemson. I think that we will have some big plays between draws and the little shuffle pass to Etienne, attacking the void that he leaves, and I think that he will be sucking wind by the end of the game.

We'll see. I do not expect as high a scoring game as many. I am guessing 31-17. I will still be nervous the whole game, but I am against everybody. However, we have the best coaching staff in football, and so I am also always confident.

Speaking only for myself, I prefer to approach every game

Dec 10, 2019, 7:06 AM

with a bit of caution regardless of the opponent.

That's because any team can be beaten on a given day, if its opponent has their number...an adage that's been applicable all my long life.

Our advantage besides our strength of roster is in our staff: they've been on numerous big stages, have battled the likes of Ohio State, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Bama et al and have the field combat experience to know how to win...a key point overlooked by many in the media.

It's OK to have reservations, and I'd be willing to bet every Tiger fan has the same. Yet, it's also OK to have confidence. And as for my own, I like an old Army saying, "Confidence is high." Which mine is going into our game against tOSU.

Message was edited by: hartins®

Dec 10, 2019, 10:31 AM

A lot people are saying that because of what happened last time we played them 3 years ago. I get it, that was a blowout but this 2019 OSU team is a lot better than that team was. Their QB JT Barrett wasn't that good at all and one of our safeties called him out before the game (Jadar Johnson). I honestly dont know how Barrett started over Haskins but i guess thats why Meyer doesn't coach their anymore. The 2016 OSU back 4 was better than their current (i think 3 of 4 went in the first round) but they have a Young on the Dline whose been a freak. This OSU team is better but so is this Clemson team in most areas, i expect a close game but unless we turn the ball over a lot i think we'll pull away in the 4th quarter. 38-24 tigers

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic