Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We Still don't Have the Ability to put teams away
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

We Still don't Have the Ability to put teams away

Sep 1, 2013, 6:46 AM

Like when it was 28 to 21. Our D has been stopping GA cold a good many downs before. Wow our D was finally playing to its potential. Then GA had a long drive with little resistance to score. We just have to learn how to close the deal. You can't let good teams like GA off the mat like that. Luck they botched the FG

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We Still don't Have the Ability to put teams away

Sep 1, 2013, 6:50 AM

we won the dang game...whether it was by 3 or 23 it is a win against a top 5 team to open the season.

Sep 1, 2013, 6:51 AM

Georgia is not just any other team. Most believed they had a better offense than Clemson. We did enough to win this game. Georgia scored 28 on the great Alabama last year (and was 5 yards away from 35 points)

We had them on 4th down.

Sep 1, 2013, 6:59 AM

They made a risky call and picked up the first. Give them credit for going for it. We have put plenty of teams away over the past year but sometimes you have to keep pounding until the end.

null

Sep 1, 2013, 7:13 AM

PLEASE! The Tigers just beat the #5 team in the country and you want to whine about it? Georgia is an excellent team and our guys played their guts out. Did you say the same thing about Alabama last year in the SEC Championship Game?? "They just can't put guys away." You need to get a grip and be grateful that our guys played like Champions. I've never been more proud, and I remember the 1981 season. Go Tigers!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2013, 7:21 AM

Keep up the trollin Tigerfanjack. What a waste!

The is not Trolling. A constructive critique, I think

Sep 1, 2013, 7:40 AM

We had the ability to put them away when it was 28 to 21. Just didn't follow through for some reason. We need the killer instinct. GA OL had lost confidence. Our D was running over them

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

Sep 1, 2013, 7:36 AM

Like Alabama put LSU away last year?
Like Alabama put Georgia away in the SEC championship?

PS: I just saw sports center.... UGA is 0-1.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

It was closer than it had to be, that I will agree on.

Sep 1, 2013, 8:00 AM

Had our receivers held on to a few long passes (credit to the young dawgs getting a hand in there) we blow Georgia off the field. But it was a tense atmosphere, with lots on the line for both teams, the first game of the season (imagine if we improve every game from now until the end), and hot and humid.

It was a monumental win. Plenty to improve on. Enjoy it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is what I am saying. We looked much better than GA

Sep 1, 2013, 8:09 AM

at certain times in the game. When our D was fired up they looked like they could finish them off. The next series looked just the opposite.
I am enjoying the win though. A long season to get so beat up the first game. Such a draining game with many more to go.

Sep 1, 2013, 8:06 AM

You are just like my boss and my boyfriend.... "It's never good enough". Shame on you for taking anything away from these young men and their accomplishment !! We won and that is the ultimate way to "put teams away".
You ARE NOT A GOOD FAN. TURN IN YOU TIGER FAN CARD AND YOUR MAN CARD. REAL MEN PRAISE WHEN PRAISE IS DESERVED AND NO. 8 JUST BEAT NO. 5. THAT IS CALLED AN UPSET AND PUTTING A TEAM AWAY !! YOU ARE AN *@#$$.

I think we are a much better Team than GA. Ranking doesn't

Sep 1, 2013, 8:21 AM

much at the beginning of the season. GA is good, but we are NC caliber now. We shouldn't be in awe of anyone. Many weapons on O. The D line showed what they can do when they are inspired

Oh boy, another coot with a tiger handle

Sep 1, 2013, 10:07 AM

Loser.

ErskineTiger - you're post is dead on the money - but don't

Sep 1, 2013, 12:00 PM [ in reply to I think we are a much better Team than GA. Ranking doesn't ]

respond that way .... Or respond at all

Totally what this loser wants - attention and to think he has anything meaningful to contribute.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Sep 1, 2013, 8:35 AM [ in reply to Re: We Still don't Have the Ability to put teams away ]

Great post and point for you

Tell it like it IS!!!

Sep 1, 2013, 8:39 AM [ in reply to Re: We Still don't Have the Ability to put teams away ]

Good post Erskine! Sounds like you're about ready for a new job AND a new beau!!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This was the #5 team in the nation...

Sep 1, 2013, 8:24 AM

And though Corso said they were over rated, if I remember correctly, Alabama could not stop them in the SEC Championship game, the only thing that kept them from winning that was a short pass on the last play.

We can't get rid of Haters either

Sep 1, 2013, 8:34 AM

Perfection, ultimately, with CFB is measured by winning every game in the season. Not by how many point your opponent scores.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

You been to STS already this morning?

Sep 1, 2013, 8:41 AM

Is that you quackingtiger?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

c0cks are dumb. ^^^ Exhibit A.

Sep 1, 2013, 12:02 PM

Yet another one of that loon tigerstripe777's handles.

You got some serious issues, bud.

Sep 1, 2013, 12:07 PM

Playing one of the best teams in the country, you aren't simply going to "put them away". You win, you go home happy.

Alabama didn't "put Georgia away" last year in the SECCG. Heck, if that game had 30 more seconds, last night's game could have been a victory over the defending national champs.

Yall have a very good team. Possibly the best ACC team in years. I said it last night when I was on here (but since the board was moving 100MPH it got buried literally within 5 minutes), but I think this year's Clemson-FSU game may have the winner moving on the Pasadena.

Good teams dont just quit...

Sep 1, 2013, 12:10 PM

that's why the small things are so important in these games

Sep 1, 2013, 12:10 PM

Good grief. I swear some of you jack legs would rather lose a game just so you can complain. Enjoy the win and GTFOI

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As Herm Edwards says

Sep 1, 2013, 12:13 PM

You play to win the game... And we won period

Georgia is 0-1. They probably feel pretty much put away

Sep 1, 2013, 12:29 PM

null

Message was edited by: jeremy®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Demon Deacon problems? There's an app for that too, and it ain't buggy like that yellowjacket repellant:

You still dont have the ability to admit how good Clemson is***

Sep 1, 2013, 12:32 PM

LOL get over it hater***

Sep 1, 2013, 12:34 PM

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic