Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC relegation - lets add Uconn and Cincinnati
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

ACC relegation - lets add Uconn and Cincinnati

Oct 18, 2016, 1:12 PM

I know this idea has been floated before but its an off week so lets kill some time....

Lets have 16 football conference teams with 8 Premier teams and 8 2nd-Tier teams. The 8 Premier teams play each other with the team with worse conference record/ranking relegated to the 2nd tier division and the winner of the 2nd tier division rising to the Premier division. The Premier teams would get the vast majority of football revenue incentivising schools to invest in football. It would also make game exciting throughout the season as teams worry about being relegated down or excited about being relegated up. You could still have conference championship game under the new NCAA rules.

If this does not work we just abolish the ACC and start over.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gross.***

Oct 18, 2016, 1:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACC relegation - lets add Uconn and Cincinnati

Oct 18, 2016, 1:16 PM

This aint soccer

Oct 18, 2016, 1:18 PM

I almost think that there needs to be another division between FBS and FCS. Or actually make a FPS. Football Playoff Subdivision. Then take the top half of teams in the FBS so 64 teams eligible any given year for the 4 team playoffs. Split those 64 teams into 4 16 team conferences. Each team plays 11 conference games a year then a rival then the 'quarterfinal' can be the conference championship. I think having less teams in the NCAA division would help balance the recruiting field to prevent juggernaut schools like Alabama from fielding an entire team of 5* recruits.

The FPS could drop the bottom maybe 10 teams each year and could add the top 10 teams from the FBS.

Crazy idea but I think it would make CFB even better than it is now.

FOX and ESPN just told the BIG 12 that they weren't gonna

Oct 18, 2016, 1:20 PM

pay $25 mil a year for teams like Cincy,UConn,USF, Memphis, Houston and BYU. Stopped all that expansion talk in it's tracks.

Heck No! How about just going back to 12 and drop the

Oct 18, 2016, 1:23 PM

northern most teams BC and Syracuse.

I hope we never go to 16 and start the "9 game conference schedule" crap again. Like having the variety in the nonconference schedule and being able to schedule another Power 5 opponent like Auburn every year.

"9 game conference schedule"

Oct 18, 2016, 2:52 PM

I agree it best to drop Cuse and BC but if you look at my plan with 16 teams, it would essentially be 2 8-team leagues so we would only 8 conference games against the better ACC teams which will probably not include Cuse and BC so we are essentially kicking them out of football. As of today we would essentially be a football conference with UNC, FSU, VT, GT, LU, Miami, whoever the 8th best team is

I just threw up in my mouth a lil bit***

Oct 18, 2016, 1:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

If the league is going to expand to 16 teams....

Oct 18, 2016, 1:30 PM

Notre Dame becomes a full-time member is ALL sports and then we add Penn State.

Otherwise, drop Cuse and BC and go back to 12 teams.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Can the ACC drop two teams like that without

Oct 18, 2016, 1:33 PM

cause, or would the ACC just hope those two schools leave to go elsewhere?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I doubt it....

Oct 18, 2016, 1:41 PM

and likely not without costly protracted litigation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The media rights agreement that tricked errrr convinced

Oct 18, 2016, 1:48 PM

Clemson and FSU to stay makes it even more difficult.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Oct 18, 2016, 1:39 PM

ND's hand will be forced soon, then the last spot will be Navy or UCONN, imo.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't understand a word you just said.***

Oct 18, 2016, 1:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Oct 18, 2016, 1:43 PM

No!

WVU will be one***

Oct 18, 2016, 1:46 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

You misspelled West Virginia and Penn State***

Oct 18, 2016, 2:03 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That would be the jackpot!***

Oct 18, 2016, 2:18 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That would be the jackpot!***

Oct 18, 2016, 3:19 PM

^^^ THIS !!!

You misspelled Notre Dame***

Oct 18, 2016, 2:43 PM [ in reply to You misspelled West Virginia and Penn State*** ]

Let's not***

Oct 18, 2016, 2:34 PM

How about you abolish this post and start over?***

Oct 18, 2016, 3:27 PM

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic