Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tay ran a 4.62
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Tay ran a 4.62

Mar 4, 2017, 12:42 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tay ran a 4.62

Mar 4, 2017, 12:44 PM

Just saw that. Deshaun's 4.67u is looking even better right now.

Witnessing John Ross just break the record with 4.22 was amazing. And he said he did that with cramping.

Mar 4, 2017, 12:48 PM

Not good. He really needed to test well in this combine and his pro day. Unfortunately, as much as we love and appreciate Scott, there are a ton of other receivers just as good or better than he is. In my opinion, he will be lucky to be drafted. I don't understand why he would have not come back for his senior year.

There is no telling how he will do in the NFL.

Mar 4, 2017, 1:16 PM

I don't see why he would have ever returned. Anyway, Anquan Boldin ran a 4.71, Larry Fitzgerald a 4.63, and Jerry Rice a 4.59. He is a different type of WR, but you never know. There is no telling how Tay will do.

he doesn't have great burst, but gains speed downfield***

Mar 4, 2017, 1:31 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There is no telling how he will do in the NFL.

Mar 4, 2017, 1:33 PM [ in reply to There is no telling how he will do in the NFL. ]

Haha. You just mentioned 3 very prolific and dynamic college football players. I love tay, but he's not anywhere close to those guys.

Yep NFL HOF'rs with similar speed. There is no telling how

Mar 4, 2017, 1:39 PM

Tay will do. He might have a solid NFL career. He is a gamer. Time will tell.

Re: There is no telling how he will do in the NFL.

Mar 4, 2017, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Re: There is no telling how he will do in the NFL. ]

Artavis Scott

As a recruit, ranked top-10 at his position... All-ACC wide receiver each of his three seasons... First true junior in NCAA history to play in Senior Bowl... graduated in 3 years... as a true freshman in 2014, finished with a team-high 76 receptions for 965 yards and a team-high of eight touchdowns... Clemson's career leader with 245 receptions (fifth in ACC history, formerly held by Sammy's Watkins) for 2,458 yards and 19 touchdowns in 1,981 snaps over 43 career games (36 starts)... caught a pass in 42 of 43 games and finished with a streak of 38 straight with at least one reception, setting a school-record streak (also formerly held by Sammy Watkins)... had six games with at least 100 receiving yards... fifth in Clemson history with 19 career receiving touchdowns... never got in trouble, always remained humble, always wore a smile on his face.

You cannot have a bio like that without being NFL-worthy. Who gives a #### how fast he can run 120 feet in a straight line? Artavis Scott is a baller.

Exactly. The combine is very close to pointless***

Mar 4, 2017, 1:34 PM [ in reply to There is no telling how he will do in the NFL. ]

Mar 4, 2017, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Tay ran a 4.62 ]

IMO he was worried he might get passed on the depth chart. The rayray is a better athlete and will be better if he works on his hands and ball security. He's never been a burner but will be a decent slot receiver for a team if they use him the right way.

I don't think Ray Ray would have even the slimmest

Mar 4, 2017, 1:23 PM

chance of taking Tay's Scott had he returned. Ray Ray may need to worry about getting enough PT by this years end if he doesn't step it up..

Amari says "hello"...***

Mar 4, 2017, 1:25 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amari and Powell rght?*****

Mar 4, 2017, 1:27 PM

Yea, true... I'd just as soon see Renfrow on the field as

Mar 4, 2017, 1:29 PM

much as possible. He RARELY misses a catch...

Message was edited by: SOLOS®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

at no point was Scott in danger of losing his starting spot...

Mar 4, 2017, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Tay ran a 4.62 ]

He was extremely consistent his whole career. He locked up his starting position as a freshman. He left because he had no reason to stay. He got his degree, won a national title, and his draft grade wasn't going to change by staying an extra year.

Mar 4, 2017, 1:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Tay ran a 4.62 ]

> Not good. He really needed to test well in this
> combine and his pro day. Unfortunately, as much as we
> love and appreciate Scott, there are a ton of other
> receivers just as good or better than he is. In my
> opinion, he will be lucky to be drafted. I don't
> understand why he would have not come back for his
> senior year.

Disagree on a "ton".

He's a 3rd-5th rounder, max, but that's still pretty durn good. You don't catch 245 balls for 2480 yards and 19 TD's in just three years in college and chip in on special teams as both a returner and cover guy against one of the toughest schedules in college football over that span and not wind up drafted. That's an average of 82 balls, 827 yards, and 6.3 TD's a year...and he did that the very hard way, at Clemson's 2-spot, turning a bunch of short flicks and screens into yards after the catch. That's over 10 yards per touch...and he got most of those yards juking and trucking people. He was also incredibly durable in terms of injury.

You wish he had better deep speed, but Scott always did the vast majority of his damage underneath, and when Renfrow was out he also showed he could effectively man the slot as well.

He'll get drafted, and he'll stick for quite awhile in the NFL, barring injury.

Mar 4, 2017, 1:01 PM

Wow, not a good time unfortunately....he needed a good time to get some eyes on him but 4.62?? 3rd day draftee definitely

Mar 4, 2017, 1:02 PM

4.66 second run.

Tay ran over some people getting to the end zone...

Mar 4, 2017, 1:21 PM

He's stout for a slot receiver...

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic