Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Monday thoughts: Welcome to big-time college football Boston College
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

TNET: Monday thoughts: Welcome to big-time college football Boston College

Nov 12, 2018, 7:01 AM

Monday thoughts: Welcome to big-time college football Boston College

Most of the 2018 season, however, has lacked drama. The road game at Texas A&M had that familiar punch, but all of the games since then have lacked the usual buzz. I was hopeful that Saturday night at Boston College would be different. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice, David...thanks!***

Nov 12, 2018, 8:10 AM

Re: TNET: Monday thoughts: Welcome to big-time college football Boston College

Nov 12, 2018, 8:14 AM

Yes, TA&M was drama. However, no matter what happens the rest of the season, ACC Championship, CFP or whatever, none of it would have been possible without "THE DRIVE" against Syracuse led by Chase Brice, ETN, and the offensive line. Just a little drama there, you think?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2018, 7:06 PM

Thanks for your reminder. Yes, that drive by Chase Brice was very important to our year. It might have gone so differently.

Nov 12, 2018, 8:48 AM

David you omitted what kind of pastry you had .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 12, 2018, 8:51 AM

Boston cream pie???

Good Stuff DAViD!

Nov 12, 2018, 8:55 AM

Remains me a little of the stories Hartins & i tried to write as amateur Sports Writers for The TiGER student news paper back in the 60-70’s.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2018, 8:54 AM

David, thanks for letting me experience the atmosphere of the game through your eyes. The incidental things that we can't see in a televised game are what give the game experience it's magic. You do a great job of capturing it. Thanks for your great article.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2018, 9:59 AM

Tigerbill, I read David's article and wanted to comment. But you told David exactly what I wanted to say him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2018, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Monday thoughts: Welcome to big-time college football Boston College ]

Couldn't have said it better myself ! GO TIGERS!!!

If you went to a University instead of a College

Nov 12, 2018, 9:12 AM

you would know where Clemson is located.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good one Neal!

Nov 12, 2018, 9:44 AM

And props to bengaline and Tigerdug23® as well, you both took the words out of my mouth.

As for you lightbulbbill®, it’s not a compliment if you’re making it about you ... ijs.

Finally, TigerBill82, you’ve said what I have often thought when reading David’s reports. I enjoy hearing of those details he observes and records. Painting the picture!

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

All the BC fans had to say was, “Let’s go Bama”

Nov 12, 2018, 9:40 AM

Which was highly annoying but just shows you how far we’ve come when your opposition thinks the only team that could beat you is Bama.

Nov 12, 2018, 9:44 AM

Big games are certainly on the way. Clemson and Bama both have demoralized their respective conferences to the point where prospective challengers have stopped believing they can reach the top. Even the semis feel like a warm-up to The Big One pt 4 at this point. This Tiger team seems to sense that. This is the first season in a long time where I don't feel we've played down to competition. We're ready.

Nov 12, 2018, 10:14 AM

:) ;)

Nov 12, 2018, 10:24 AM

Christian Wilkins is my favorite Tiger of all time. That kid has been special since the day he arrived at Clemson. There is just something different about him. His personality, his work ethic, his focus are all second to none. I will certainly miss him next year when he is gone but I know he will represent us well at the next level.

He is also that special kind of leader that I'm sure is helping groom the next charismatic leader of the team for years to come (maybe KJ Henry...) .

Nov 12, 2018, 9:04 PM

I agree, entirely. He is so special in many ways. So proud of him. He really can do anything. Great role model for the younger guys. He will be greatly missed. Truly amazing student athlete.

Nov 12, 2018, 10:30 AM

Oh my goodness I’m going to miss this young man. I’m going to miss his athleticism, vibrant and gregarious personslty, his leadership s d his ability to always put the football team and Clemson University first. I think Hunter should get a special exemption so he can stay a couple more years. He has been clutch for us in every game and what a special person he is
If not this game the hope we have an opportunity to see Christian, Dexter, Bryant, Hyatt, Ferrell, Hunter and all of the guys that cane back to make this such a great experience score, punt, play qb, RB, wr etc. let’s send these guys off in our own Clemson way
That get back to voting for Christian. Please follow the link to vote and then you can copy and paste the link into every search engine you can once a day.
As always it’s Monday before our big Military Appreciation and Senior Day
Go Tigers

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Nov 12, 2018, 10:56 AM

Thank you David and Nikki for keeping Clemson safely tucked inside your every thought and act of penmanship!!! We, as Tiger Faithful, never have to worry about how you portray our beloved!!!

This article (and one of Coach Swinney's sayings) reminds me of that sweet blue-haired lady at our small country church's Fall Homecoming Celebration that admonished all in attendance to, "Save their forks!", after the food was blessed. She knew the best part of the meal, dessert, was coming at the end.

It's "dessert" time my friends!!! "The Best Is Yet To Come!!!"

David, thanks for reminding me, in your own gentle way, to "SAVE MY FORK"!!!

One of your best D. Hood - Thanks!

Nov 12, 2018, 10:57 AM

And that says a lot. I was at 1st Boston road game when BC first joined ACC. You really painted a picture of the stadium and cocksure fans. And Clemson has come a long way since game I attended over ten yrs ago ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Big-Time College Football

Nov 12, 2018, 11:13 AM

Interestingly, in late 1981, I distinctly remember a Clemson player - though I can't remember who it was - making a comment after Clemson received and accepted their invitation to the Orange Bowl:

"Nebraska - that's big-time football."

Nov 12, 2018, 11:45 AM

BC gave it it their best shot and came up well short, much as the Tiger nation expected. I doubt BC fans even now believe how their beloved team was manhandled, especially their vaunted rushing attack. Good read DH.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was there!

Nov 12, 2018, 12:15 PM

It was....not very loud.

Great read David. I really enjoy these Monday morning

Nov 12, 2018, 1:17 PM

reflection pieces. Nice!

kudos to Hood! ??

Nov 12, 2018, 1:29 PM

Insightful, descriptive and paints a picture I can envision!!
Great article and allows us to “see the heart” of this team. Thanks for sharing this David Hood! Great work!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Once again, David (and Nikki), makes me glad

Nov 12, 2018, 5:22 PM

to be a Tiger... fan since 1954, two degrees in 1971 and 1973, and fan for life!

And Christian Wilkins epitomizes CLEMSON.

And the confetti continues. Go tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2018, 5:41 PM

I never thought that BC fans would act like that,who I have always respected
over any other team in the ACC. Well welcome to the screw you club BC fans,
I can't stand any of you any longer. That goes for you too Luke Pukely and
your a$$hole panther team and your stupid commercial.

Message was edited by: irmotig®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great article!***

Nov 15, 2018, 8:15 PM

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic