Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Elliott expects hostile environment Saturday night in Syracuse
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

TNET: Elliott expects hostile environment Saturday night in Syracuse

Sep 12, 2019, 2:03 PM

Elliott expects hostile environment Saturday night in Syracuse

Syracuse gave up a whopping 650 yards of offense to Maryland, a total that included 354 yards on the ground and 296 through the air. The Terrapins averaged almost nine yards per play, and it doesn’t get any easier for the Orange defense as they welcome Clemson to town this week. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Elliott expects hostile environment Saturday night in Syracuse

Sep 12, 2019, 2:28 PM

"Going to load the box to stop the run"
I recall him saying the same thing about Bama
in 2017
1st 2 plays called were to run the ball
up the middle we all know how that worked

Think the play book is a little thicker now
Why try and knock the front door down
when the back door is wide open

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2019, 3:06 PM

So XXXXXXX WHAT?

Sep 12, 2019, 3:16 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Elliott expects hostile environment Saturday night in Syracuse ]

Yes sir, that is what he does, and I hope that he tore out and threw away those pages with all those vanilla plays, especially those where they put our 6'4" receivers out on the boundary behind the line of scrimmage and expect them to get away for big yardage. Those tall receivers just can't get their legs to moving as fast as a Hunter Renfrow type receiver, and everybody we play against will put a LB or safety out there waiting on it bc we run it a lot, behind it, on it, or just a couple of yards past the line of scrimmage. Oh well, they are the coaches, and it is a good thing that they don't let us call the plays, we would be all screwed up if we did :)!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And don't you forget it! ^^

Sep 12, 2019, 3:56 PM

;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2019, 4:12 PM

Um, no/

Going to unload some excuses here, but there really were some extenuating circumstances previously. Last year, TL getting hurt the same week KB departs. Two years ago, scheduling a Friday night game at SU. I doubt you will ever see CU schedule a Friday road game ever again. They were flat the second they walked in there. It was probably the only true half ### effort I’ve ever seen a recent CU expend.

Spread SU out. Line up spread. Run wide, throw wide and deep, and then punch the middle. Just like UM did. They had them completely spread out and they couldn’t compete speed wise.

Sep 12, 2019, 5:15 PM

absolutely correct. And, if I see the hurry up from Syracuse again, and our coaches surprised like they were for that Friday game...I will have to shut it off. We need to establish our dominance from the opening snap. We are better in every phase. Be a Tiger! Go CLEMSON!

Sep 14, 2019, 7:39 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Elliott expects hostile environment Saturday night in Syracuse ]

The Clemson football Tigers have never scheduled a Friday night game. The conference schedules what day our games are played. We can complain all we want, but the conference will win that argument. The TV media decides what time we play the games. The only exception is when we schedule an FCS team, but even that is subject to change with the ACCN choosing which games they want to broadcast.

Welcome to big time CFB.

GO TIGERS!!!

Sep 14, 2019, 8:43 AM

No doubt. The fact that this conference just had THREE teams play Friday night tells you they could care less how much they look like the MAC playing on high school nights as long as there’s a few dollars in it for them. Gutless weasels.

SHOCKER!

Sep 12, 2019, 5:18 PM

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic