Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Suprised Mickey Conn hasn't gotten more heat
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Suprised Mickey Conn hasn't gotten more heat

Nov 26, 2018, 9:31 AM

A few people have mentioned it, but for the most part BV has shouldered the bulk of the blame for the poor play in the secondary. Conn has the singular job of coaching the Safeties. If they look unprepared or as a group they are unable to make adjustments to defend the middle of the field the entire night, it is on him. We didn't force Bentley to really make any medium to deep throws towards the sidelines, which are much harder throws to complete because they require more pinpoint accuracy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd rather see Dabo yell at coaches over players

Nov 26, 2018, 9:42 AM

cause they get paid more ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Suprised Mickey Conn hasn't gotten more heat

Nov 26, 2018, 9:43 AM

Our safeties are not playing good ball right now. I have watched the game twice now and the corners seem to have done a fairly good job overall. It is when they were expecting safety help that things broke down. Don't get me wrong, the corners were not perfect by any means, but if the safeties were in position we would have held the coots to 21 points.

On the 75 yard bomb that the coots scored on, Muse saw the play developing and it almost looked like he went for the interception and missed rather than tackle the receiver. He literally ran past the receiver.

I am not sure the safeties can improve enough between now and the playoffs to play Venables' traditional scheme. Seems like we will be forced to play them deeper in coverage to keep everything in front of them and tighten the screws in the red zone. Bend but do not break between the 20s and hold teams to filed goals in the red zone.

Overall I am glad the defense had a rough night. They play better with a chip on their shoulder and there will be plenty of vocal doubters now with the performance against the coots.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic