Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Steeple Chase
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Steeple Chase

Apr 14, 2017, 10:26 AM

Any Tiger fans coming? I got every year with my work. Gonna be weird at a different location.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Steeple Chase

Apr 14, 2017, 10:31 AM

Not sure if that's the same place, but I went to the new site off of 74 and Pea Ridge Rd. last Saturday. I watched a lot of the riders practicing their jumps. Pretty neat stuff, but I'm not really into that, so I probably won't go even though it is only 20 minutes away. I have nieces & nephews that are going to some equestrian event there soon, so we might be talking about the same event.

Apr 14, 2017, 11:32 AM

The site at 74 & Pea Ridge Rd is the Equestrian Center. The steeplechase is off Highway 9 now.

I used to go every year. I went to every race from about 1985-2015. It lost something when it moved to FENCE. It seems to get a little worse every year. I quit going two years ago. I got the flyer for the new location. The parking spots are too stacked for me and now they are saying no tents allowed at the race. I have heard through the grapevine they want to end bringing coolers and food all together and force people to buy from vendors.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2017, 7:54 AM

Yep if they do that they will lose a lot of ticket sales.

Already been, but 'elsewhere'...***

Apr 14, 2017, 11:26 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You might mention which one.....there is more than one

Apr 14, 2017, 11:37 AM

you know ..... Aiken, Camden, Tryon.....and probably others.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You might mention which one.....there is more than one

Apr 15, 2017, 7:55 AM

Today?

Re: You might mention which one.....there is more than one

Apr 15, 2017, 8:39 AM [ in reply to You might mention which one.....there is more than one ]

Never been to Block House in Tryon, but have been to the Carolina Cup in the past. Yesterday the Carolina Racing Assoc. announced the end of the Colonial Cup on the Fall schedule. Very disappointing!! I had an absolutely great space and now the two Camden events will be combined in March/April 2018. Football season hurt, but the sport really suffered in the recent recession.

This will actually hurt the sport but many do not like the excessive behavior and drinking at the Carolina Cup. Sad situation for Camden's economy as well. I truly hope something will be done to bring a Fall event back to the Midlands.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic