Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some of you need to get over it
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,140

Some of you need to get over it

Dec 30, 2013, 11:43 PM

Our boys have been working their butts off. College football is a year long job. Add to that the stress of being a full time college student, I think they can take a few hours every day after/between practices to have a little fun. They have earned this trip to Miami. They finished 10-2 and if they want to eat foods they have never eaten, experience cultures they have never experienced, and enjoy a part of the country they might have never seen, so be it.By some of your rationale, you need to get off Tigernet and start getting ready for that important meeting you have at the end of the week. Flame on.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good point....but

Dec 30, 2013, 11:52 PM

I'm scared that there is too much focus on fun and not enough focus on the game. There's no way of really knowing that. It's just all too reminiscent of how the team was 2 years ago...and we know how that turned out. Two years ago, I am willing to bet the team wished they would have spent less time playing and more time preparing. Everything will be just fine if we win Friday night..but if we don't, there will be plenty of ammo to show that we weren't taking the game seriously.
GO TIGERS!
One more thing.....and I quote Dabo...."the fun is in the winning"

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kind of like cramming....if you a'int got it by now

Dec 30, 2013, 11:56 PM

you a'int gonna get it

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kind of like cramming....if you a'int got it by now

Dec 31, 2013, 12:02 AM

I really do hope you're right...I feel pretty confident about the game. Read some on an OSU board today..they are quite nervous. I enjoyed reading that.
GO TIGERS

Re: Good point....but

Dec 31, 2013, 7:49 AM [ in reply to Good point....but ]

Sadly our happiness is tied to whether a bunch of pre adult males win a game or not. I love Clemson, always have ,but after this years Alabama Auburn fan hate (I live in bama), I am rethinking my priority. I hope the boys have a great time in south beach, some will never be able to afford to go back and I hope they win,but it just ain't life or death anymore. Sorry

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good point. Some posters expect others to do something

Dec 31, 2013, 8:01 AM

they could never do themselves. Hope we win the game but I hope the coaches and players enjoy themselves in the process because they've earned it.

Re: Good point....but

Jan 1, 2014, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Good point....but ]

You are 100% correct but without the financial support and opportunity to compete in an activity that they love then there would be no trip to Miami. I would really like to see us win this one but a really good competitive game and a close loss would not be that bad. What I don't want to see is us getting curb stomped and quitting and Dabo running off for a couple of months and hiding from the media..i.e. the last Orangebowl debacle .That is crap and is unacceptable. I could care less what the fellows do while in Miami prior to Saturday night but in the end they do need to be ready to play ball..hard ..for 60 minutes...

If you're worried about this group,

Dec 31, 2013, 12:37 AM

you'd have been mortified by the 81 national championship team's routine. To put that kindly, it was work hard, play really hard.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Complaining about the complaining?

Dec 31, 2013, 7:53 AM

Who'd have thunk it!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's only unthunkable...

Jan 1, 2014, 9:01 AM

if you don't thunk it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Some of you need to get over it

Dec 31, 2013, 8:04 AM

That will happen when the 2 stories posted are "dabo on jet ski" and dabo photobombs family."

We'll find out the importance of having fun Friday night.***

Jan 1, 2014, 10:04 AM

Re: Some of you need to get over it

Jan 1, 2014, 12:25 PM

I am happy that they are relaxing and having fun. During my academic team nationals trips, we played a lot and prepared a good bit (most practicing was done before the trip) and we put in our 100%. So please stop griping about Clemson's having fun in Miami...

NFL- Green Bay Packers
NCAA- Michigan and Michigan State (formerly Clemson)
MLB- New York Yankees

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,140
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic