Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SEC is doomed and will not win another NC -
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 4,337

SEC is doomed and will not win another NC -

Jun 14, 2015, 12:24 AM

You all can thank Heather Dinich. I just think she is bad luck and since she got all pretty up
and drank some of the SEC drink whatever the hell it is, they have not won a NC. Lets hope
the trend will continue for a long long time...

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Re: SEC is doomed and will not win another NC -

Jun 14, 2015, 1:55 AM

Well there is a playoff now, meaning that there are no more "automatic ins" for 1 loss $EC teams. They actually have to EARN a spot in the title game instead of having a spot reserved for them. The $EC is going to learn that other conferences can play football too...as they did this year. I love it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2015, 5:15 AM

They are in the south , the football is god south . They almost all have huge , fan filled stadiums and they are all over the tv which boosts recruiting .
The SEC will win more national championships , it is inevitable .
The trick here of course , is for Clemson to get some more . GO TIGERS

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 14, 2015, 1:22 PM

Oh we'll get ours...I'm counting on it. The future is bright for Clemson Football.

Jun 15, 2015, 11:40 PM [ in reply to Re: SEC is doomed and will not win another NC - ]

The SEC has an automatic in to the playoffs..... You're delusional of you think they'll have to earn it. You saw what the committee did with the rankings to get bammer in

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Jun 14, 2015, 6:30 AM

Of course they will win more... But I've been saying to anyone who will listen that at this point being in the SEC is a disadvantage if you want to win a natty. Just ask OSU.

The best way to get a playoff spot is to be the top team in a big 5 conference and undefeated (or reasonably close) no one can argue me that it's an advantage to play in the SEC west where they all take turns handing each other losses. Give me the ACC path or Big 10 path any day

Atlanta Journal Predicitions

Jun 14, 2015, 8:05 AM

Ga Tech will win their division and lose to Clemson for the second time in the championship game. Clemson will be #5 in voting for playoffs due to loss to Louisville in a game that is "Clemson being Clemson"
The top 4 will be Ohio State, TCU USC(the real one) and Auburn

Re: Atlanta Journal Predicitions

Jun 15, 2015, 10:00 AM

IF our only loss is to Louisville in an early Thursday night road game we are in. No doubt in my mind.

Re: Atlanta Journal Predicitions

Jun 15, 2015, 10:07 AM [ in reply to Atlanta Journal Predicitions ]

yeah, as just previously stated by another poster, if our only loss is a Thursday road game against Louisville, we're in.

Combined with wins against, Ga Tech, Notre Dame, FSU, S. Carolina, and ACC championship game opponent, that's a pretty stellar resume.

Agree, but I don't think a win vs South Carolina this year

Jun 16, 2015, 7:08 AM

will be considered that much of a resume builder, except by their association with all the SEC National Championships in general.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2015, 8:32 AM [ in reply to Re: SEC is doomed and will not win another NC - ]

How is the SEC west handing each other losses any different from other conferences handing each other losses?

Alabama's only lost was to Ole Miss, a team that was destroyed by TCU. Now what makes you think OSU, Oregon, TCU, any of the teams that were undefeated or had one loss would have had a tougher time getting through the SEC west than their own divisions?

Jun 14, 2015, 5:26 PM

You SEC homers are always saying your conference is tougher. I'm taking you at your word. Look at the BIG the only team OSU had to play that was any good they lost to (a #### VT team) then they go undefeated in a down conference and make the playoffs (to everyone's surprise they were actually great) I'd much rather get into the playoffs by playing lots of Minnesotans and wakeforestans than take 1-2 losses and be left out.

Jun 15, 2015, 7:16 AM

I'm an SEC homer? Ok.

Why do you consider the B1G a down conference? Because you heard Finebaum say it?

Do you even realize the worst team in the B1G beat the SEC east champion last year?

Jun 15, 2015, 8:55 AM

You might not be a homer. My points remain the same. Examples? Idk how about mighty Michigan going 5-7 and getting blanked by a mediocre ND team? How about mighty Maryland (a perennial bottom feeder in the ACC) stepping in and going 50% in conference play? Take a moment to look at the schedule OSU has planned this year... Find me one challenge!

And what pray tell is an SEC east champion? Seems like an oxymoron to me. That group was polishing turds last year

I'm sure we could go back and forth but let's not.

Jun 15, 2015, 9:24 AM

Polishing turds were they? Well if the 2nd best team(by record, not talent) in the SEC East ran all over Clemson, does that mean Clemson is twice as bad as Indiana?

Jun 14, 2015, 9:11 AM [ in reply to Re: SEC is doomed and will not win another NC - ]

Lol

Like I've been saying,

Jun 15, 2015, 6:20 PM

now the $EC has to actually earn something instead of getting an auto bid into the Natty game. The field has been leveled a bit with the playoffs. All the homers are gonna cry "tough conference" louder than ever now that they will no longer get straight to the championship game with a loss as long as they are the "mighty" SEC champ. I always thought that was BS. Now some of the controversy is over....Hey SEC...win and get in....just like everyone else.

Re: Like I've been saying,

Jun 15, 2015, 9:38 PM

this guy understands

not necessary level playing field

Jun 15, 2015, 11:14 PM [ in reply to Like I've been saying, ]

For example, a two loss SEC is better than a one loss
ACC. Heck do you remember all of the talk about FSU
may miss the playoff because of how they are winning. I believe even Alabama with a one loss jumped FSU and they were undefeated and that is to my point.

The only for the SEC's Magic to disappear is to have another year like last for at least one or two years ..

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Jun 16, 2015, 12:49 PM

Please pass that around so the rest of us can be as delusional.

Replies: 19
| visibility 4,337
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic