Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well, what do ya know?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 60
| visibility 1,261

Well, what do ya know?

Aug 18, 2020, 11:51 AM

Me for the last few years: "Trump wants to be a dictator."

Trumpies here, and even a few who aren't: "LOL that's ridiculous!"

Trump:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzhoPioYhSo

Remember when people claimed Obama wanted to be a dictator and would push for a third term? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Go ahead, 88. Tell us what he actually meant.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

"He's just kidding!"

Aug 18, 2020, 11:58 AM

The President of the United States is just kidding about overturning our constitutional republic. Har har, whatajokester.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Oh, no, see, he wouldn't ACTUALLY do something like that.

Aug 18, 2020, 11:58 AM

He just says these things to get the libruls riled up. The supersmart conservatives can clearly see that Trump is just trolling them all to hell. Meanwhile, Trump's lawyers are exploring different ways they can contest the election results and suspend the transfer of power, nothing to see here. Oh, man, what a troll!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He mean a third term would really help sort through the...

Aug 18, 2020, 12:05 PM

fake media and idiots who read it but never get the context of his statements. You know, people who freak over humor.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Guys, it's just humor!

Aug 18, 2020, 12:06 PM

He's not ACTUALLY obsessed with power!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Come on, it's not like Trump took

Aug 18, 2020, 12:08 PM

a solemn oath and has the most important job on the planet. Let him be a little silly! All the time.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Lighten up, everyone...

Aug 18, 2020, 12:10 PM

Can't y'all see the humor in our president joking about ruling forever? Especially when he's best friends with Putin and other dictators?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Re: He mean a third term would really help sort through the...

Aug 18, 2020, 12:08 PM [ in reply to He mean a third term would really help sort through the... ]

You never fail to deliver. Falsely interpreting what he actually meant with a nice dose of spin.

I always like the "he's just joking" route, too. As we've already established on this board, his "just joking" still plants the seed of stupidity in his fervent supporters minds, most of whom have very little of a grasp on our Constitution.

Again, this statement comes out of the mouth of a president eight years ago, and howling and squealing on here would have been monumental.

Re: He mean a third term would really help sort through the...

Aug 18, 2020, 12:14 PM [ in reply to He mean a third term would really help sort through the... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

WHAT THE EFF IS THE CONTEXT?!?!?***

Aug 18, 2020, 12:36 PM [ in reply to He mean a third term would really help sort through the... ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oops...didn't mean that in all caps***

Aug 18, 2020, 12:37 PM

Ole flowroberts0440, they call him.***

Aug 18, 2020, 12:39 PM [ in reply to WHAT THE EFF IS THE CONTEXT?!?!?*** ]

Yeah, my speech-to-text apparently thought I was mad***

Aug 18, 2020, 1:12 PM

lol, was that it? I watched the video and expected more

Aug 18, 2020, 12:14 PM

For all of the ammo Trump gives y'all, you pick the dumbest #### to hitch your wagons too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

By all means, explain.***

Aug 18, 2020, 12:14 PM

Re: By all means, explain.***

Aug 18, 2020, 12:16 PM

He can’t and it won’t happen, so why scream and act like Karen when Target is out of nail polish.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I won't go that far, I believe Democrats when they tell me

Aug 18, 2020, 12:22 PM

all of the ridiculous #### they'd like to do, and I'd believe Trump too if he said he wanted a third term. I don't really adhere to the head in sand, hope people won't do what they say they want to do philosophy. I just didn't see it in that clip, nor have I seen any indication he wants to become some sort of dictator.

If anything I think he's tired of the job.

But this kind of thing is why it's almost impossible to take the hardcore Trump critics seriously anymore. It's been 4 years of nothing burgers, while very real issues have been ignored. At this point I'm sure Trump has done some bad things, maybe very bad things. But I'll never know because the waters have been so muddied with ########.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I won't go that far, I believe Democrats when they tell me

Aug 18, 2020, 12:24 PM

At this point I'm sure Trump has done some bad things, maybe very bad things. But I'll never know because the waters have been so muddied with ########.

What would you consider "very bad things," because it seems we've listed those ad nauseum for four years. If that stuff isn't very bad, what would you consider to be an example of it?

You've listed things ad nauseam for four years

Aug 18, 2020, 12:26 PM

That doesn't make them very bad, or even true, quite frankly.

Re: You've listed things ad nauseam for four years

Aug 18, 2020, 12:29 PM

Well, it's hard to get people to address them when their first response is, "Nah, if it's in any media outlet I don't like, I automatically won't trust it!"

People generally become distrustful of people/sources

Aug 18, 2020, 12:36 PM

that lie to them repeatedly. Or when they're so blatantly biased.

But yet Trump is "just joking"

Aug 18, 2020, 12:39 PM

lulz

I like your funny words magic man

What?***

Aug 18, 2020, 12:42 PM

Re: People generally become distrustful of people/sources

Aug 18, 2020, 12:40 PM [ in reply to People generally become distrustful of people/sources ]

And therein lies the problem. Those sources aren't lying to them repeatedly. But fringe websites and talk show hosts can easily convince them that they do because they tell them what they don't want to hear.

People, in general, don't like to have their world views shattered or to be proven wrong. It's easier to dismiss uncomfortable truths when someone else they trust lies to them and tells them they're actually in the right.

They are though, I watched Lester Holt on NBC news just

Aug 18, 2020, 12:47 PM

last week try to tell me that it was a myth COVID started in Wuhan. Like wut?? I was following that #### back around Thanksgiving when the initial outbreak became known. The Covington Catholic kids was a beautiful illustration of media ########. I mean, it's been example after example for the past 4 years. It leaves people jaded and distrustful. It has nothing to do with right wing talk show hosts, or white supremacists, or any other boogeyman you want to come up with.

Is there a link or clip of him saying that?***

Aug 18, 2020, 12:47 PM

Can't find video, it was a segment regarding how officials

Aug 18, 2020, 1:01 PM

were "Dealing with the conspiracy theories that COVID originated in Wuhan".

I didn't have time to watch too much of the segment, but it did go on to interview people at the lab, etc. But the way he said it absolutely insinuated it was a conspiracy theory that the virus originated in Wuhan, not specifically a research center.

Re: Can't find video, it was a segment regarding how officials

Aug 18, 2020, 5:13 PM

I think I'd have to see a clip but sounds like he was referring to the lab.

Pretty sure he's talking about this part from the 10th...

Aug 18, 2020, 11:15 PM

https://youtu.be/Bj6_JouqqAk?t=744

starts at 12:24

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2020, 11:57 PM [ in reply to People generally become distrustful of people/sources ]

Lakebum1® said:

Wow! You support TheRump that has lied to us over 23,000 times in less than 4 years, and you haven't noticed that.
Here's a few whoppers from TheRump's mouth:
1..My innauguration had the largest crowd ever (it was not even close to the size of the 2009 crowd)
2..(C-19) is a Democratic hoax
3...There are only 15 cases and there will soon be none.
4. (The virus) It will go away when the weather turns warm. (I sure hope we don't have hotter weather; it was 130 in Death Valley, CA, recently)
5. (The virus) It will suddenly just disappear. (Scientists tell us it will likely remain for years and years.)
So many lies. How can y'all not see that?

Aug 18, 2020, 11:57 PM [ in reply to People generally become distrustful of people/sources ]

Lakebum1® said:

Wow! You support TheRump that has lied to us over 23,000 times in less than 4 years, and you haven't noticed that.
Here's a few whoppers from TheRump's mouth:
1..My innauguration had the largest crowd ever (it was not even close to the size of the 2009 crowd)
2..(C-19) is a Democratic hoax
3...There are only 15 cases and there will soon be none.
4. (The virus) It will go away when the weather turns warm. (I sure hope we don't have hotter weather; it was 130 in Death Valley, CA, recently)
5. (The virus) It will suddenly just disappear. (Scientists tell us it will likely remain for years and years.)
So many lies. How can y'all not see that?

That was clearly a joke meant to throw shade at the

Aug 18, 2020, 12:17 PM [ in reply to By all means, explain.*** ]

Obama admin for spying on his campaign. I was expecting some sort of legitimate commentary about how he should get a third term. I thought he was about to go there when talking about Putin and Xi, but nope. Just the one little off hand joke.

See, that's the thing we've already discussed.

Aug 18, 2020, 12:20 PM

That it's always just a "joke". That's always the defense of his apologists. Just a joke.

But he throws them out, knowing his rabid and blindly following supporters will latch on to it and start to echo it seriously.

Maybe--just maybe--this is one of those things a president shouldn't joke about. And given Trump has little of a sense of a humor, and has a continually shown disrespect for our Constitution all the while stretching the limits of his authority, nah, this likely wasn't a joke.

Sorry, guys, but every time #### #### #### comes out of his mouth, you can't just fall back on "it's a joke".

I'm not even an apologist, this is just ridiculous

Aug 18, 2020, 12:25 PM

Maybe if he gets re-elected and continues to beat the third term drum into 2022 I'll start taking it seriously. To me, that clearly was a swipe at Obama and not some sort of nefarious dog whistle trying to rile up his base for a third term before he's even been elected to a second.

But I'd also like some of you to hold Democrats to the same standards you do Trump. Because you don't, and the hypocrisy is mind numbing.

Re: I'm not even an apologist, this is just ridiculous

Aug 18, 2020, 12:28 PM

If you find me a Democrat president who says the same thing, I'll gladly denounce it. I don't recall Obama or Clinton ever doing that in my lifetime, but if they did, I'd love to see it.

Trump is our president now. He gets the most scrutiny, not the Dems. Especially when he keeps saying and doing the dumbest possible #### he can.

When Biden becomes president, you'll hear the criticism from me. I personally don't think he will make a good president from what I've seen. But I highly doubt he will say the ######## Trump does. And the times he has said dumb ####, I've criticized him for it. That's why I think he shouldn't debate; he can't stop from fumbling all over himself during debates.

I'm not out here arguing that Trump is some sort of

Aug 18, 2020, 12:34 PM

eloquent speaker, or that he doesn't say stupid #### routinely. I'm not even saying that was a good joke, or that he should have made it. But it does not amount to a plot to take over the Presidency for life, either.

But democrats are never subject to this level of scrutiny, either. The Obama admin ran guns to drug cartels, and we still like to pretend it was a scandal free presidency.

Re: I'm not out here arguing that Trump is some sort of

Aug 18, 2020, 12:38 PM

Well, you'll never get an argument out of me that Obama wasn't a bad president. And yeah, that gun thing was boneheaded at best.

I don't think Trump has any plot to take it over for life, nor would anyone let him. Does he dream of it and would he do it if he could? I very much think so. That's why I don't think it was that much of a joke. He wants to be a dictator; he just doesn't know how to pull it off.

Part of the reason Trump gets so much of this negative attention is he can't stop saying the dumbest and most outlandish things. At least Obama had people who could tell him to S T F U about certain stuff, or at least he had the sense to do it.

I agree, he hasn't done anything to help himself

Aug 18, 2020, 12:52 PM

But what sticks in my craw is the hyper analyzation of anything and everything Trump or Republican, meanwhile Democrat leaders across the country are ######## the bed.

I have become an equal opportunity hater, I think politics has become WWE wrestling at best. But I and the rest of the country need some of these clowns to start critiquing the insanity that is the democrat agenda with as much fervor as they do everything Trump. Cause there's a pretty good road map of where their nonsense leads, and I blame spineless Republicans just as much for seemingly having no principles or moral compass.

Re: I agree, he hasn't done anything to help himself

Aug 18, 2020, 12:59 PM

I think politics has become WWE wrestling at best.

Yeah, I think that pretty much sums it up.

The Democratic agenda is misguided at best (with a few hyper-unrealistic clowns like AOC here and there). But they're riding the wave of Americans who are fed up with the absurdity that is Trumpism, and they're ready for change at all costs.

Two years from now, all of America will probably be singing a different tune and if the GOP can wisely dump Trumpism in 2022, they should regain seats in Congress.

Just a hunch, but I suspect that wave of Americans isn't

Aug 18, 2020, 1:28 PM

as big as we're led to believe. I don't think he's wildly popular, but most folks just want govt. to not #### with their lives.

However, the dehumanization and hate that those people who are 'fed up' have for anyone they even suspect would vote for Trump is palpable. And a bit concerning. I don't think post November America will be very pretty, either way.

THIS why i didnt even reply to this DA thread

Aug 18, 2020, 1:58 PM [ in reply to That was clearly a joke meant to throw shade at the ]

it doesnt matter what you say.
These are teh same people that actually thought Trump seriously was asking Putin to steal Hillarys emails.

Everyone who isn't a ######## knew it was a joke and jab at the media.

queue the Cata/scockerkrzy outrage

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess you haven't heard about the recent Senate report***

Aug 18, 2020, 2:23 PM

- Jonathan Swift

Hey. You replied.

Aug 18, 2020, 5:14 PM [ in reply to THIS why i didnt even reply to this DA thread ]

And still an elite member of P&R's top five dumbest posters.

Re: THIS why i didnt even reply to this DA thread

Aug 18, 2020, 5:51 PM [ in reply to THIS why i didnt even reply to this DA thread ]

Trump was seriously asking Putin to hack Hillary's E-mails.

Putin answered less than 24 hours later.

It's right there on the tape, and future generations will wonder what was wrong with us that we didn't throw him in jail right then and there.

Re: Well, what do ya know?

Aug 18, 2020, 1:06 PM

ERMEHGERD!!!!!

Trump literally thinks he's immortal and that he is going to be president forever!!!!

Signed, Catahoula

You do realize that he does this because of the left's constant BS. He is trolling people like you. Because you are an idiot, and you get triggered by it.

I don't like this side of him, but he is obviously doing it well. LOL

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1142157838153895941?s=20

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cliff notes version

Aug 18, 2020, 1:10 PM

"You're dumb and triggered for not liking when Trump says that. But also I don't like when Trump says that. But LOL!"

- Jonathan Swift

Re: Cliff notes version

Aug 18, 2020, 1:22 PM

I don't like how he trolls liberals.

Catahoula actually believes that Trump isn't going to leave office and he is obviously triggered by it.

Trump does this all the time. I wish he wouldn't do that.

Not that hard to comprehend, but I can see why it is for you.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey, didn't you block my posts or something?***

Aug 18, 2020, 2:13 PM

- Jonathan Swift

Re: Cliff notes version

Aug 18, 2020, 5:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Cliff notes version ]

Oh, he's leaving office. He just wouldn't if he had the choice. Clowns like you rant and rave that he wouldn't, and then when he says it, you get angry and butthurt that it's pointed out to you.

A) Yes, just dumb Trump humor, although I do believe

Aug 18, 2020, 1:16 PM

the old adage about there being a kernel of truth behind everything said in jest. I'm sure he wouldn't turn it down if the opportunity presented.

B) I don't think all the back and forth has been about whether Trump thought these things.....it was about whether he would have the stones to try it. All along you've been on the wagon that he would refuse to leave the office if the outcome were against him and would try to utilize military force to do so. I, and many others, have said no way.

What he does is more relevant to my life and yours than what he says. I say he won't do jackshite along these lines.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you're correct, but he is the President of the...

Aug 18, 2020, 2:32 PM

Got Dang United States and he's got to stop shooting off at the mouth. He deserves just about everything coming at him lately.

It common for the uninformed and ultra-partisan to think the other guy is radical and power-hungry and won't go without a fight...you hear dipsheets say it every 4 yrs and it is normally based on nothing.

Now here comes President Trump joking about it...knowing he's going to rile people up, only this go around, there are "reasonable" people starting to get concerned and he feeds into it. That, at it's very core, is why he has to go. He sows discontent and division at every turn...why?...because he cares more about himself than his county.

not sure if you've figured it out yet

Aug 18, 2020, 2:46 PM

he does it on purpose. And what usually seems like a huge gaff or mistake, ends up being a win for him in the long run.

Usually its b/c he knows the media/libs will overplay their hands and go too far which usually is what happens.

They are now doing the same with this whole conspiracy theory. They will take it too far and it will explode in their faces once again

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

uh...yeah...that's why I typed...

Aug 18, 2020, 3:19 PM

"He sows discontent and division at every turn...why?...because he cares more about himself than his county."

You're right...the media does go too far sometimes. But what does it say about President Trump that he enjoys making them go to far and plays into it...with the only goal being to help himself. It's definitely not what I'm looking for in a POTUS.

have you seen the abuse he gets? I mean news has been

Aug 18, 2020, 3:37 PM

24/7 all day Trump bashing and lying since 2016. I mean ALL DAY LONG. Its literally a shock when they pull away to do other news.

I wouldnt do or say 90% of what he does BUT I get it and I'm really GLAD we have someone who FINALLY fights back rather than taking it up the ### from the media.

I'd do it a little bit different way but there was NO ONE else in the pub party that would fight back. First time any of them got called a racist, they would cowar into a corner and cry themselves to sleep.

Media will never stop bashing pubs, pubs need to learn to fight back and not take it.

The man starts tweeting gibberish at 5am...

Aug 18, 2020, 4:16 PM

the media's treatment of him has been over the top and 1-2 yrs ago it made me more sympathetic towards him, but that sympathy has worn off. He's just too much.

Sure he fights back, but with a doubling down of horse crap most of the time. He's done nothing...nothing...but fan the flames of the very things ppl say they like seeing him stand up to. As with many things with him, I can get behind the idea of standing up to overplays by the media, but his execution is horrible. I would just as much have someone cower in the corner than to come out and prove the media assertions correct.

Oh boo hoo. Poor Trump.

Aug 18, 2020, 5:19 PM [ in reply to have you seen the abuse he gets? I mean news has been ]

And you would be right there calling for a third term is the opportunity arose. You're in love with the man.

Jesus. That's the whole #### point of Flow's post.

Aug 18, 2020, 5:18 PM [ in reply to not sure if you've figured it out yet ]

He has to stop doing that stupidity. He's the ####### president. Lead. Create unity. Quit doing this #### that divides. Quit doing this #### that's all about himself, not the nation.

Re: A) Yes, just dumb Trump humor, although I do believe

Aug 18, 2020, 5:16 PM [ in reply to A) Yes, just dumb Trump humor, although I do believe ]

All along you've been on the wagon that he would refuse to leave the office if the outcome were against him and would try to utilize military force to do so. I, and many others, have said no way.

I'll gladly admit I hope I'm dead wrong after November and that you're spot on, but if this election isn't an obvious landslide come November, expect something sinister. At least an attempt at it.

I hope you're wrong too, but if not,

Aug 18, 2020, 6:21 PM

I'll be the first one tipping my hat to you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hope you're wrong too, but if not,

Aug 18, 2020, 9:45 PM

A hat tip will earn you one of my extra Molotov cocktails. Viva la resistance!

Re: Well, what do ya know?

Aug 18, 2020, 4:01 PM

This the huge problem liberals have. They take in this MSM and fringe, made-up, meaningless BS, but ignore the most corrupt FBI events in history in CrossFire Hurricane. You will still be ignoring it as democrats go to prison.

Replies: 60
| visibility 1,261
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic